2017 CFL Uniforms

kiwi_canadian

13 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Seems like a painted logo could be washed out pretty quick though.  

But all the logos on the field and multiple colors would still show up on the field. Or they'd have to paint them green which means the field would look like a patchwork. There are 8 separate areas that would require covering/removing that I saw, not counting end zones. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

But all the logos on the field and multiple colors would still show up on the field. Or they'd have to paint them green which means the field would look like a patchwork. There are 8 separate areas that would require covering/removing that I saw, not counting end zones. 

Center field logo could be painted on the field, everything else could be digital.  We've seen grounds crews make temporary paint jobs pretty flawless.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 minute ago, WSU151 said:

Center field logo could be painted on the field, everything else could be digital.  We've seen grounds crews make temporary paint jobs pretty flawless.

Agreed. Especially since the Argos use a roundel. If it was done right it'd fit in the middle of the center circle.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

4 hours ago, DiePerske said:

Last year, the white helmets were SO much better than the blue one.

This year though? The reverse.

Couldn't agree more.

52 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Funny that they went with digital logos on screen. But the sponsors want their money. The NFL did this for the London games last year so I'm not surprised to see it happen here. TFC has the final say on what the Argos can do to the field during the season.

That's exactly it. While I admit, the grounds crew has done an amazing job of painting over the lines, I'm sure there is no interest in dealing with a large logo.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

On ‎6‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 4:15 PM, nash61 said:

I just noticed that the Argos redid their mascot, Jason.

Before:

1008061835c9a840787f72843c.gif

After:
argos02.jpg

The Ticats redid their mascot a few years ago.

Before:
20080712-0583.jpg

After:
BeFit7859.jpg

This is why you should never do drugs, people.

On 7/1/2017 at 10:07 PM, Tygers09 said:

That's the one!!! The current A-shield helmet does not compare to this one.

That's a beautiful helmet. They need to bring that back. Will any teams have new thirds this season? I think they should definitely bring the Retro Weeks back.

The Argos wore their white uniforms for the first time this season and they're reminiscent of the NFL's color rush. This is head-to-toe white, including the socks, which were blue in previous year with the all-white look.

Bluewhite vs Redblack.jpg

Having the pants stripe stop 2/3 of the way down with the sock the same color as the empty space is a real problem, and a wholly unnecessary one.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

On 7/1/2017 at 9:43 PM, GeorgesL said:

This is why you should never do drugs, people.

The Cats mascot was an upgrade. Went from looking like a ratty old stuffed animal to a professional mascot.

Jason however looks like he got caught in a snowstorm and froze to death.

15 hours ago, SLAM said:

BB_July7_GameAction-18-1600x1067.jpg

16305832-1600x1067.jpg

1D1_2624.jpg-1600x1066.jpeg

Winnipeg Blue Bombers home jerseys. Just because.

Just DAMN gorgeous! I was so happy when they ditched the Navy and went back to these. They should have never changed.

PersonDivided-2-1.png

Anyways, the CFL been a quite old league, I simply dont understand why they dont stick to their heritage. All teams should wear unis à la 70s as those were the best.

This years BC Lions are a atrocity, MTL extanding the use of their current with white helmets is fine but definitely, they are up for a change, ask SAKS fans what they'd lile.. TOR is OK, etc. Twitter things on OTT pants are terrible idea. Etc, so many things to do to get things right.

4 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

I'd prefer the aways match the home jerseys instead of using blue sleeves and yokes. 

Fix that and Winnipeg is top of the league.

to @bleuet's point, so many little tweaks would make the CFL much better. 

The Argos should be using the white helmet they used last year (In case I haven't said that enough, lol) Calgary needs to drop the black helmet, Hamilton needs the yellow stripe back on the helmet. So close for a lot of the teams.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Archived