2017 CFL Uniforms

kiwi_canadian

Don't see the topic yet for this season. So to start off, the promotion going on right now is players with new teams and it appears for the Alouettes that they are going full time with the white helmets for the upcoming season... now if they would only go with the white pants then we could have a winner. I'm just speculating of course as this was on twitter and only a promotion photo.

C7nFyu2WsAAWLRk.jpg

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, brycew8 said:

I agree - the Als are horrible, way too much piping and panels, etc. I wish they'd update them and get rid of their awful logo. Perhaps something more like this?

als.jpg

Love it. Only suggestion would be to change the helmet stripe to one like on the pants. 

I have a feeling we will see at least one new alternate at some point this year. Perhaps something CFL-wide like the Signature Jerseys. Besides that, I don't think there will be a lot of jersey news, though I would love to see the Argonauts fix those cutoff stripes on their pants.

14 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

I have a feeling we will see at least one new alternate at some point this year. Perhaps something CFL-wide like the Signature Jerseys. Besides that, I don't think there will be a lot of jersey news, though I would love to see the Argonauts fix those cutoff stripes on their pants.

Edmonton too! Hate cookie cutter unis.

It may have been hard to tell from that picture, but those are also white pants. It looks like they're going with white helmets and white pants for their primary home look:

C7jBpSeX0AESeSQ.jpg:large

C7jSol2WsAAg2mr.jpg

Another sorta-change is that the Alouettes are wearing red socks here. In 2016, they wore their red jerseys five times and wore silver helmets and pants three times with each of those times wearing blue socks. They wore white helmets and pants twice with the red jersey (both times against Ottawa), but wore red socks in the first meeting and blue in the second. It's weird that they would feature red socks again, but they also did that in last year's promos too. 

In conclusion, the Alouettes wear whatever they want and there's no brand consistency with them anymore. Boo.

On 3/24/2017 at 0:39 PM, brycew8 said:

Edmonton too! Hate cookie cutter unis.

Me too. I think Edmonton ruined their home jersey. Their new one isn't terrible, but I love the one they just replaced. I wish they would have just made their away jersey match their last green home jersey. That would have been amazing. I still can't believe they kept that awful third jersey of theirs.... goodness me. It looks like it was inspired by the Oilers' horrendous jerseys from the 2007-08 season. 

• 1 month later...

I get the impression (based on the article @johnnysama posted) that these will go with the white uniforms. 

So close but so far. They dropped the darker blue stripes on this helmet which I think makes it look so much better. That said I do prefer the white face mask. 

IMG_0581.PNG

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

14 hours ago, mr.negative15 said:

I get the impression (based on the article @johnnysama posted) that these will go with the white uniforms. 

So close but so far. They dropped the darker blue stripes on this helmet which I think makes it look so much better. That said I do prefer the white face mask. 

IMG_0581.PNG

That positioning of the logo is so odd.  I understand why it's done...but why not make the decal fit the upper half of the helmet better, rather than "Welp, we have to use a really large decal, and this is the only good place to put it." ?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

To add to that, they have the smallest decal on the blue helmet. I just don't understand why it's so hard for them to get the helmet right. 

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

22 hours ago, mr.negative15 said:

IMG_0581.PNG

eh, this is a downgrade to me. That said, if the blue helmet is a clone of this one then it improves the entire set.

hate hate hate hate hate the blue helmet with no stripes

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

9 hours ago, WSU151 said:

That positioning of the logo is so odd.  I understand why it's done...but why not make the decal fit the upper half of the helmet better, rather than "Welp, we have to use a really large decal, and this is the only good place to put it." ?

I don't understand why it's done.. There's no excuse for this whatsoever

I think the white lid and white pants are a step in the right direction for Montreal.  I just wish they'd get rid of that cartoon bird helmet logo. 

Below is a quick mock up I did of their current unis, with the old 1970-74 logo on the helmet.  IMO, something like this would be a huge improvement....

Als.png

Check out my site at stevebcreations.com

8 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Since they're not pretending to be a reincarnation of the Rough Riders/Renegades I think they should avoid it. 

They have taken the history, the logo even points that way, I mean i loved the red uniform they had for two years and really wanted them to keep it but i also want a retro on for Labour day, I think all teams should go retro on Labour day. 

zyyMk1d.png

Archived