2017 CFL Uniforms

kiwi_canadian

On 7/12/2017 at 4:57 AM, bleuet said:

Anyways, the CFL been a quite old league, I simply dont understand why they dont stick to their heritage. All teams should wear unis à la 70s as those were the best.

This years BC Lions are a atrocity, MTL extanding the use of their current with white helmets is fine but definitely, they are up for a change, ask SAKS fans what they'd lile.. TOR is OK, etc. Twitter things on OTT pants are terrible idea. Etc, so many things to do to get things right.

Yeah the sooner BC in particular realizes what a mistake they made and roll back to their uniforms from 2015 the better.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Danny said:

The Argos are on the road tonight and wearing the navy buckets with white jerseys and navy pants.

Those helmets ruin everything. Just change the freaking mask already.

ws20170714kk37.jpg

Really, how hard is it?

CFL-Argos.jpg

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. The CFL is set up in a way that there should be no helmet crossover between teams. 

BC: Orange

Calgary: Red
Edmonton: Yellow
Hamilton: Black
Montreal: White
Ottawa: Silver
Saskatchewan: Green
Toronto: Blue
Winnipeg: Gold

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Yeah. @nash61, that helmet line up would be great. 

Not the best picture in the world but I think the Argos wearing blue helmets and pants with the white shirt is their best look this year.....but the socks need stripes so badly. I know this isn't an original thought but it remains true; they just look like yoga pants when the socks are the some colour as the pants. 

I'm a broken record at this point but so close Argos. White face mask and some sock stripes and this look is so much better. 

IMG_0805.JPG

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

57 minutes ago, bleuet said:

Résultats de recherche d'images pour « 1978 alouettes »

So classy, dunno why they dont take the step. Instant winner, would be so popular, Grey cup champs unis.

Because it's the CFL, where well-designed uniforms are frowned upon.

1 hour ago, mr.negative15 said:

Yeah. @nash61, that helmet line up would be great. 

Not the best picture in the world but I think the Argos wearing blue helmets and pants with the white shirt is their best look this year.....but the socks need stripes so badly. I know this isn't an original thought but it remains true; they just look like yoga pants when the socks are the some colour as the pants. 

I'm a broken record at this point but so close Argos. White face mask and some sock stripes and this look is so much better. 

IMG_0805.JPG

I agree the Argos are soooooo close. Lose the blue stripe on the helmet that matches nothing, go with white masks, extend that pants stripe all the way instead of truncating it, and add a pair of striped white socks that match the jersey. Take those relatively easy steps, and that's a top 5 NFL look.

I'd love the sock to be white too.

reverse that look you suggest for home @BJ Sands and use last year's white helmet with it. 

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

On 7/14/2017 at 10:55 PM, Tygers09 said:

Hey is Calgary going with the black helmet full time?

Certainly seems like it doesn't it...they should stick with the red and use their alternate as needed. Ditch the black totally, it's just not right for the Stamps.

On 7/18/2017 at 11:38 AM, Skycast said:

Certainly seems like it doesn't it...they should stick with the red and use their alternate as needed. Ditch the black totally, it's just not right for the Stamps.

I agree, four teams use black helmets; BC, Ottawa, Hamilton and Calgary. I understand black is nemero uno when it comes to marketing, but please!

On 7/19/2017 at 7:02 PM, DNAsports said:

I'd give the Eskimos uniforms a solid 9/10. The changes that need to be made are enlarging the helmet logo and making the jersey stripes look like they aren't just slapped on there. Move them to the sleeves and call it a day.

Edmonton just needs to revert to the 80s logo.  The current logo is quite a drop-shadowed mess.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 7/19/2017 at 7:02 PM, DNAsports said:

I'd give the Eskimos uniforms a solid 9/10. The changes that need to be made are enlarging the helmet logo and making the jersey stripes look like they aren't just slapped on there. Move them to the sleeves and call it a day.

I would like to see them make the striping the same.  The helmet stripes are different from the jersey sleeve stripes, which is different from the pants stripes.  I also wish that they'd add some TV numbers to the jerseys.  To me, the lack of TV numbers makes the uni look amateur.

Check out my site at stevebcreations.com

14 hours ago, Raptorman415 said:

Hamilton should get rid of their yellow pants. Black pants make their uniform look better.

Actually, I think that they should get rid of the black pants. Yellow pants look good on the road, and that all-black look (at least in my opinion) is their worst look. What Hamilton needs most right now though, is a win

Archived