2017 CFL Uniforms

kiwi_canadian

9 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

Did anyone else notice that the Argonauts went all white with light blue socks? I thought that was a lot better than the color rush white look they have been using a lot as of late. I also noticed that the Alouettes wore their red uniform with blue pants and red socks and I honestly much prefer the Als' using their white pants with the red jersey. 

I liked the cambridge blue socks too since they actually fit well with the helmet stripe (which doesn't normally fit the uniform at all). 

Fun fact: as of a few years ago, teams must wear different coloured pants. Since the Argos were the designated home team and chose to wear white pants, the Alouettes couldn't wear their white pants and were forced to wear blue.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, G-tron said:

Fun fact: as of a few years ago, teams must wear different coloured pants. Since the Argos were the designated home team and chose to wear white pants, the Alouettes couldn't wear their white pants and were forced to wear blue.

Oh, I didn't know that. Do the Alouettes still have their silver pants or would those be considered too close to white?

3 hours ago, Danny said:

Oh, I didn't know that. Do the Alouettes still have their silver pants or would those be considered too close to white?

They wore silver pants at home against the Roughriders (wearing white) last year, so it's allowed. But after last year's flirtation with white helmets and pants, the Als seem to have gone there full-time, since silver hasn't been seen on the pants or helmets at all through the first eight games this year.

12369722.jpg

22 hours ago, G-tron said:

Really? I didn't know that either. I don't recall that ever being said, not that the CFL tends to announce uniform changes all that well (unless it's a league-wide thing).

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

I don't know if anyone has seen this yet but I wanted to share it because the RedBlacks have given their logo the rainbow treatment for the time being and I think it looks amazing. I think their logo in general is highly underrated. 

20992553_686818088181121_9117184420791748943_n.jpg

13 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

If the uniforms didn't look the same as three others and have a hash tag it might get more love. 

Totally agree. Their home uniforms are garbage. I actually really liked their last black jersey. It was unique where now it is basically a Stampeders third jersey. I don't mind their away uniform but still, it has the same generic Adidas CFL template, which is disappointing. 

Love the sawblade logo. The uniforms and all-caps name are trash, unfortunately.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

7 hours ago, Skycast said:

Was headed here to post about this as well. I love the Outlaw helmets but am glad they use them sparingly...now if they'd just ditch the black ones and stick to red.

I would not want to see them on the field all the time either. I would love to see the Stamps wear their red helmet with their black alternate uniform for a game. They totally need to ditch that black helmet. I still do not understand why they think it looks good with their away uniform.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived