Midland Rockhounds Logo Overhaul

Bruins

I've wanted for a while to do a redesign of the Midland Rockhounds logo, so as soon as the right idea struck me, i got to it. Their current logo is incredibly tacky and outdated, and needs a change really soon. So, i took the idea of Rockhounds and tried to add a little more meaning to it than just a dog with a rock, and instead i made a more realistically proportionate bloodhound with a coal miner's hat, which i envision becoming the symbol of the team and a big souvenir item. The shape behind is meant to represent a mine and the colors have a more Texas feel than before, and more appropriate for mining.

Old:

6658.gif

New:

frame-23-03-2017-01-04-40.jpg

What do you think of this update for Midland? C&C much appreciated as always, thanks!

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

Good start, but I find it wired the the R and S are very big in relation to the rest of the letters. I understand what you were doing, but maybe try to reconfigure the logo so the letters aren't so big. 

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

I like the direction this is going. As stated above, I'd consider playing some more with the flow of the wordmark. Also, it would be good to see a partial of just the dog's head and the home plate, as that would be more likely to appear on a cap.

rATMcmK.png

I dig the concept and think it's already a vast improvement over their current cartoon logo. The ears of your hound look a bit too asymmetric too me though. Also, as Whittier S said, make one simplified version as well that could be on the cap. In regards to the wordmark, I find the font suitable but agree that the two enlarged letters look off. Imagine how this wordmark would look on it's own on the front of the uniform.

Archived