NFL Throwback Thursday (Atlanta added 4/4/17)

Philly's Phinest

For quite some time now, I've had an idea for the NFL that I'm finally bringing to life in a series. I think I'm in the majority in saying that most of these NFL Color Rush uniforms are just hard on the eyes (putting it kindly). So instead of Thursday night games being Color Rush, let's have Throwback Thursday. The idea is to gain interest from all targets. It's a fairly new, trendy term that appeals to the young market, however it also reaches the older population in that teams can bring back some classic looks (i.e. Oilers, Orange Crush Broncos, etc). Not to mention it would just give the NFL more jerseys to put on the shelves. I think it could really be a hit.

Parameters for this project are as follows. I'll be creating a dark set and a light set (home/away) for each team. Some teams may have just a plain retro look they've used in the past and some I will be putting a twist on. NFL one helmet rule is out the window (teams will be allowed to use a shell that is different from their primary). I'll most likely be going in alphabetical order unless someone has a suggestion they'd like me to bump up. Now, I haven't had much time as of late to creating concepts, so I can't promise I'll be pumping these out super fast. Anyway, as always, C&C is appreciated. Enjoy!

Arizona Cardinals (1/32)

First up, Arizona. For the most part the Cardinals have had a pretty plain past. I didn't want to go too hog wild on this one. Plain reds for the home and white for the away. Alternating pant colors with double striping. Helmets are white with the original logo and features the classic gray facemask. Also reverted back to more of the brick color red. 

3fv0a0c.png

Design wise it isn't bad. Let's talk execution for a bit. The numbers are way too low. Move those up or place a wordmark or something in the empty space. Also your pants stripes go right over the belt tunnel. Typically pant stripes stop just short of that.

Clean up some minor details and I think you'll have a good series going.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

On 3/24/2017 at 5:24 PM, Clintau24 said:

Design wise it isn't bad. Let's talk execution for a bit. The numbers are way too low. Move those up or place a wordmark or something in the empty space. Also your pants stripes go right over the belt tunnel. Typically pant stripes stop just short of that.

Clean up some minor details and I think you'll have a good series going.

Thanks for the input. Update is posted above. I knew something looked funny with the pants. Fixed that. Moved the front numbers up a tad and added a wordmark. I originally stayed away from the wordmark to keep it super plain and simple, but now that I have it, I kinda like it. 

2 hours ago, HoopsCoach55 said:

Looks great, but maybe do a solid white sock with two red stripes instead of the solid red for the road sock? Gets rid of the modern leggings look

Updated the road socks per request. I was going to do the same for the home, however, I like the solid red there.

Atlanta Falcons

I really enjoyed doing this one. Mainly because I wanted to bring the gray pants back. Anyway, helmet is red with a gray facemask. Solid black for home jersey with white numbers outlined in red. Away is white with black numbers featuring a red outline as well. NOB is solid on both sets with no outline. Falcon patch is featured on the sleeves. I debated using the wordmark on the chest, but I really like the way it looks so I kept it. Gray pants throughout the set (personal preference). Solid red socks to finish it off. Let me know what ya think!

Rlosbyv.png

Archived