CinnamonRoll21

Mississippi Football League

Welcome to the Mississippi Football League. This time, I will do the concepts on my own.

The Mississippi Football League was founded on April 14, 1944 by Stephen Brown II. During that time period, only whites could play in the league. In 1949, Cameron "Eagle" Jefferson broke the color barrier, which allowed minorities to play in the MFL. The MFL has always competed with the NFL and AFL for the top prospects. In, 1988 players and owners had a large conflict over contract rules. This caused a lockout for the 1988-89 season. During the lockout, many players, including Jerry Rice, left the league to start careers in the NFL. After the lockout season, players started to come back to the league. In 1992, Gulfport and Pascagoula's stadiums were destroyed by Hurricane Andrew. They had to share stadiums with Jackson and Vicksburg. In 2005, Gulfport's stadium was destroyed again by Hurricane Katrina, so they shared a stadium with Hattiesburg. In 2013, the New Orleans Saints moved to the Mississippi Football League after the NFL added another team in New Orleans. The Saints are the only team in the MFL that are from another state.

Anyway, here is the first team, the Brandon Stags.

brandon.png

Mod Edit

Edited by Atomic
Please leave constructive criticism.

On March 25, 2017 at 1:20 PM, CinnamonRoll21 said:

Pascagoula Seals

pascagoula.png

Uniforms

pascagoula home.jpg

Away

pascagoula away.jpg

Throwback Thursday

pascagoula throwback.jpg

The logo looks very rushed, but I like the general idea of it. I'm a big fan of the anchor on the helmet and the home and away jerseys, but I think they are a little too close to Navy for comfort. The TBT doesn't work for me; the giant P on the front (if you're trying to go real retro with these, have a striping pattern on the front and it might work) and the cream and royal blue color scheme doesn't work very well to me when you're going for a navy-gold team. Also, is the white facemask and white side of the helmet an oversight, or is it intentional?

Overall, good idea, but it needs to be cleaned up a bit.

43 minutes ago, Magic Dynasty said:

is the white facemask and white side of the helmet an oversight, or is it intentional?

For some reason, when I try to bucket fill that part, it fills the whole project.

The skull on the flag looks similar to an old Bucs logo

IMG_1883.PNG.2b343eb82faed70058e5b76e410382fa.PNG

On 4/2/2017 at 1:20 PM, CinnamonRoll21 said:

Here are the Kosciusko Greyhounds.

greyhound.png.11b62a7c5d9512a08c73fdb772ab4320.png

58e13e8c08896_kosciuskohome.thumb.png.0a97ef29b52ef8a6d7018a7b2f5dd40a.png58e13ed45dc4f_kosciuskoaway.thumb.png.e073ce2ed95861b4550f95359661c046.png

58e140bedb297_kosciuskothrowback.thumb.png.f5614a3c7159535bae48aa120a8f41c9.png

Is it just me or does this look like a 

dachshund, I would try to make the legs longer and the ears shorter, love the colors though

Actually, it looks like this:

my-weiner-does-tricks-tshirt-thumbnail_1

So.. with two unoriginal logos in the books, I'm closing this down.