FinsUp1214

Pawnee 2024 Summer Olympics

11 posts in this topic

In a stunning turn of events, Pawnee, Indiana has mounted the winning bid for the 2024 Summer Olympic Games over competing cities Los Angeles and Paris. Headed by Regional Parks Director Leslie Knope and her husband, U.S. Congressman Ben Wyatt (D-IN), the bid proposed the building of three state of the art all-purpose stadiums as well as the renovation of two local parks to serve as Olympic-worthy venues, which ultimately swayed the Olympic committee to select the rural Indiana city. 

Though initially opposed by City Councilman Jeremy Jamm (who had tried to secure one of the stadium lots for a Paunch Burger franchise) and former Parks and Recreation Director Ron Swanson (due to strict fiscal concerns), the bid was supported by the city council by a vote of 3-2. After the bid was announced as the winner, Mayor Jerry Gergich stated this was "the single greatest thing to ever happen to Eagleton...oh, I mean Pawnee". 

The games' official logo depicts the late Pawnee icon 'Lil Sebastian carrying the Olympic torch, a mark Knope herself suggested. "'Lil Sebastian was and always will be the spirit of Pawnee," she said at the press conference, "and thus I felt it fitting that the Pawnee 2024 Olympic Games evoked the spirit of our beloved 'Lil Sebastian." The games are slated to be held August 5-17, with the opening ceremonies being held at the Pawnee Olympic Stadium and featuring performances from local icons Mouserat, Duke Silver, and Perd Hapley.

IMG_5940.PNG

24 people like this

This may be the coolest thing I have ever seen on the boards

2 people like this

I'm sad that I can only like this once. 

3 people like this

This is literally the greatest thing I've seen all week

image.jpg

1 person likes this

Best thing this week 

1 person likes this

Thank you all for the comments! And glad to see some other Parks and Rec fans on the boards, haha :D it's something I had sketched out a year ago, and felt it was time to bust it out. It's literally the most fun I've had with a concept!

Any improvements I could make, or any other comments? I'm thinking up some mascots as well, so once I illustrate those I'll have them posted here. There's also a fun backstory behind their development as well ;) 

You don't need a mascot... just let Andy Dwyer loose.

4 people like this

12 minutes ago, Dan O'Mac said:

You don't need a mascot... just let Andy Dwyer loose.

giphy.gif

2 people like this

This is too beautiful. I actually live in Indiana,so this makes me want to have Indy host an Olympics MORE than ever.

You sir,have won.

EDIT: I think you should make some designs for the medals.

1 person likes this

This is beautiful. Just binge watched a ton of Parks and Rec so fitting timing for this to pop up

1 person likes this

This is one super awesome idea

IMG_8538.JPG

But I don't know, how will the raccoon infestation play into these Olympics