Navy Midshipmen Logo Redesign #3

mcrosby

I attempted to redesign the Navy Midshipmen goat logo back in 2006, when I was 16 years old. It was one of my first posts on these boards. I tried again in 2013 with slightly better results. 

navy4.png

Recently, my 2013 logo was stolen by the douchecanoes over at Sports Live Decals, specifically by a 'designer' named Robert Olide. While I get on with the process of disparaging everything those folks do, I thought I'd take this as a positive opportunity to revisit what has become a litmus test for myself.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with this most recent stab. It still needs some work, and I'd love to hear your thoughts. 

navymidshipmen.png

32 minutes ago, Xamboni said:

Your 2006 version is unreal for its era and for a teenager. Impressive.

The most recent version is a complete homerun. I love what you did with the front legs compared to the 2013 version. 

Great work Mark

Thanks! If I remember correctly, I was still stuck with MS Paint back in 2006. 

32 minutes ago, ImmortalChef said:

It looks great except for the line below the eye, it looks awkward 

Which line, exactly? 

Wow it is a great logo this needed to be used for Navy's athletic programs. I liked how you chenged the colors to current colors as much i loved that anchor on the forehead. Great work, dude! But I hope everything get resolved soon with the this "idiot who stolen your work"

Alamo%2BBowl_sig.png

Liberty Bowl_sig.png

FEAR THE FROG! LET'S GO TCU!!

This update is significantly better, although there is still something a little off about the tail. In the original 2013 version, there was a clear delineation between the back and tail, and I was wondering if there was a way you could do that without throwing off the flow or color balance.

Take a look at the blue line of the back, where the gold outline of the draped N connects to the gold stroke. The top blue edges don't appear to follow the same curve, as I would expect them to. This also makes the gold stroke appear to have different thickness in that area.

It's a great look. The anchor is even growing on me.

the sleekness of the newest update is an improvement, but to be honest, i prefer 90% of the details from the 2013 version, especially in the head (face in general, forehead/anchor area, horns-to-face transitions, eyes) and front legs (the smoother, slightly rounder front legs from 2013 appear to be more muscular and realistic).. 

obviously, i seem to be in the minority here, so take my 2 cents with a grain of salt.. either way, all of your updates are improvements over the original, and the latest 2 are both amazing! 

Archived