jimsimo

Cleveland Browns re-do in the works for 2020?

On 8/24/2017 at 10:54 AM, oldschoolvikings said:

The L A Rams have proven they can bring back those pants anytime they want.  We'd still be stuck with those horrible jerseys, but anything that gets rid of the embarrassing BROWNS running down the leg would at least be a slight improvement. 

(BTW, the 5 year rule is a great rule. It's keeping the NFL from looking like CFB, where every two bit team is rotating through designs like uniforms are presidential cabinet members.  Don't blame the NFL's 5 year rule.  The blame for the Browns' current horrific uniforms is strictly their own.)

Switching out the pants in this case would a step upward, even if they just do WAH. 

On 8/24/2017 at 5:54 PM, bwburke94 said:

The brown facemasks could work, they're only bad by association with these jerseys.

I agree. The helmet is fine, and the brown facemasks seem like the best option. White facemasks are too bright and draw attention away from the rest of the helmet. Also white always remind me of the awful Tim Couch - Jeff Garcia teams. Gray were okay, but look out of place. I'd be interested to see what a more metallic orange finish would look like. Similar to Oregon State. 

On 8/23/2017 at 2:40 PM, McCarthy said:

I'd go with one of these for the Browns

Browns.png.f8dddf1f2a81304622c3cd5f05e68aaf.png

Agreed with the other posters than the white football works best. Could easily be added as a patch on the jersey or pants without issue if they wanted to. 

I'm curious if it might look better with a brown C and swapped stripe colors, which would match the old pants going OBO. And maybe instead of recycling the Indians block C, using the previous, beautiful block font, like below.

f53fmfbeea3mfr20hxxsxqplw.gif

The previous set of logos and uniforms with that added as a primary would be perfect IMO. The updates to the colors/helmes are fine.

On the bright side. We're now officially at the halfway mark of when the Browns can change their uniforms.

1 minute ago, colortv said:

5qkBx4D.png

This would be...a concept?

The Michael Jackson lips freak me out.  And it'd be cool if the left side of the blazer formed a C somehow,, as the right side forms a B.

3 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

This would be...a concept?

The Michael Jackson lips freak me out.  And it'd be cool if the left side of the blazer formed a C somehow,, as the right side forms a B.

I just came across it randomly, not sure where/who it's from.

Just threw it in here as food for thought.

The Browns and the Brown family are on the outs though. No way the family would let the team use Paul Brown’s image. 

32 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

The Browns and the Brown family are on the outs though. No way the family would let the team use Paul Brown’s image. 

All the more reason why the team should have chosen a different name in 1999.

For starters, there would be no "Cleveland Deal" rewriting the record books. Second, the team could have a creative identity that played off of the Browns' colors and uniform template while still having their own imagery (i.e., a helmet logo, a name that isn't a color/connected to the Bengals' owners). Think of it as an "evolved" version of the Browns, or a late-1990s/early-2000s take on classic football aesthetics.

Nah, I think that was the right choice.  Maybe the last right choice this franchise made.

That's too cartoony if they wanted to do a Paul Brown logo. If they went that way (and I'm wholly in favour of it), they should do something similar to Sampdoria, a silhouette superimposed on stripes in a shield or football shape.

Though I just saw the brilliant updates to the <=B=> logo @McCarthy did and I couldn't help myself from making a minor tweak...

59fbd49a56327_brownsB.png.0e1bbcc62cefdac7018d275044529362.png

5 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

For starters, there would be no "Cleveland Deal" rewriting the record books. Second, the team could have a creative identity that played off of the Browns' colors and uniform template while still having their own imagery (i.e., a helmet logo, a name that isn't a color/connected to the Bengals' owners). Think of it as an "evolved" version of the Browns, or a late-1990s/early-2000s take on classic football aesthetics.

Yeah right, the fans would've burned Cleveland to the ground.

5 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

I would accept this under only one condition:

7827973992_c4ec63227d.jpg

As I've stated before, if we can have the Los Angeles Lakers, Indianapolis Colts, Utah Jazz, Los Angeles Dodgers, and so forth, we should've had have the Baltimore Browns. I also would've been perfectly fine with the Tennessee Oilers as well. Get off my lawn.

4 hours ago, DustDevil61 said:

As I've stated before, if we can have the Los Angeles Lakers, Indianapolis Colts, Utah Jazz, Los Angeles Dodgers, and so forth, we should've had have the Baltimore Browns. I also would've been perfectly fine with the Tennessee Oilers as well. Get off my lawn.

I always thought it was ironic that teams named Browns seem to find their way to Baltimore. St Louis Browns became the Baltimore Orioles.  

5 hours ago, DustDevil61 said:

That's not as nice looking as my Baltimore Cardinals t-shirt from 1987 . . . which I wore when the Cardinals played the Steelers in the Super Bowl.

28 minutes ago, goforbroke said:

I always thought it was ironic that teams named Browns seem to find their way to Baltimore. St Louis Browns became the Baltimore Orioles.  

I'm still waiting patiently for an NBA or NHL team to slip up and name itself the Browns . . . <_<

Take the old jerseys, but pair them with gray pants, to tie into the gray mask.  Orange-Brown-Gray, Orange-White-Gray.  Would look really good with the brown and orange.

Hell, then they could jump on the gray bandwagon and go all-gray color rush, with the bright orange helmet.  Could be among best in league.