Players on the "RIGHT" Team, but "WRONG" Uniform

Mario in the Sunday Yellows

mario-lemieux-1984-anthony-neste_0.jpg

• Like 4
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

aee14999a0449c90e3c186909525b792.png

The New York Jets receiver Wesley Walker played his first year (1977) in the last year of the Joe Namath-style Jets uniforms.

linden.jpg

A Canuck great, Trevor Linden, played his rookie year in the last year the Canucks used a yellow sweater. :D

6927-6-stan-smyl.jpg

Speaking of great Canucks, here's the first legit star the team had in Stan Smyl, playing in the 1990s-era "flying skate" uniform set.

• Like 2

UBwef0L.png

15 minutes ago, nash61 said:

Mario in the Sunday Yellows

mario-lemieux-1984-anthony-neste_0.jpg

This one's like the Barkley one - they wore that jersey for the last time in the preseason of 1984-85, Lemieux's first training camp, replacing them with the white jersey when the regular season started.

On 4/3/2017 at 1:48 PM, MCM0313 said:

I gave this a "like" based solely on the freakin' sweet 1996-97 (or is it 1997-98?) Upper Deck Collector's Choice card. I bought a box of the 1995-96 set at Wal-Mart waaaaaaaaay back in the day. Love those '90s card designs! lol

I have this card. In fact, I won the Michael Jordan's giant card set (Chasing 23) and got it in the mail.  Not sure if it was the same year or the year prior/after.

Anyway, I remember Fisher wearing number 4, but that these were posed photos (media day? Separate Upper Deck session?) and that he never wore that number since Byron Scott came back and wore his old number and therefore Derek chose another number (#2) which became synonymous with his time with the Lakers.  Of course had he kept the number 4, then his 0.4 shot against the Spurs would be even cooler.

1 minute ago, FinsUp1214 said:

This one might be a bit tricky as his "right team" might be different depending on who you ask, but I'm gonna put this Reggie Jackson one here anyways:

IMG_6059.thumb.JPG.e303b92792b8d390e6aa8f90d2cfef1e.JPG

He's an Athletic to me first, and a Yankee close second.

I couldn't argue with that. There's no doubt that Reggie is an essential part of the A's and the Yankees.  But he was with the A's for much longer; and he became a superstar with them, even if he took it to the next level with the Yankees.

But the one thing that irks me about that shot: he's wearing the wrong number!  He should have gone back to no. 9 upon his return to Oakland.  It's good that the A's retired no. 9 in his honour.

• Like 1

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png