Players on the "RIGHT" Team, but "WRONG" Uniform

So I was looking up Muggsy Bogues' career stats on Basketball Reference yesterday and I recall when he was traded to the Warriors 2 games into the 1997-98 season. That's the year the Hornets changed their set to the Bobby Phills/David Wesley era jerseys. Muggsy did play his first 2 games of the season in those Hornets uniforms, but I haven't been able to dig up photos or video just yet. Wanted to share that as a "right team/wrong uniform" example.

Edit: I looked up his stats for those games and he only played a combined 16 minutes in those uniforms. If he did play during the preseason, it would've been in their previous sets.

Digging way back on these...

YTBgkt.jpg

That's Falcons great Steve Bartkowski in the early Falcons set. He's more associated with this set:

1984_Atlanta.png

-and-

http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/running-back-clarence-harmon-takes-a-handoff-from-quarter-joe-of-the-picture-id78306386

When you think of Joe Theismann, you associate him with the white-on-burgundy look of the Redskins, and not with yellow pants as pictured here.

UBwef0L.png

On 3/29/2017 at 0:10 AM, Griffinmarlins said:

Marc-Andre Fleury and Chris Kunitz in the new Penguins road uniforms that debuted this year. This is will most likely be their last season with the team.

Image result for marc andre fleury 2017

Yup, this post is now valid.

• Like 1

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

4427-975601Fr.jpg

Shaun Alexander in the classic Seahawks getup. Spent his first two seasons in those uniforms.

anthony-munoz-8.jpg

A rare shot of Bengals legend Anthony Munoz sporting the Cleveland Browns-esque Bengals uniforms. He only wore it in his rookie season.

98820183750be3686f1d8f946ccfb549.jpg

You've seen Drew Bledsoe in the current Pats getup- here he is in his rookie year, in the first-generation Flying Elvis look. He is more associated with the 'huge shoulder logo' era of that team.

• Like 2

UBwef0L.png

A bit speculative perhaps, but here's a photo of Padres first-round draft pick McKenzie Gore, who signed Saturday and then threw out the ceremonial first pitch wearing the current Padres jersey. I'll put this here, because you just know they'll have a different uniform by the time he makes the majors.

Gore Padres.jpg

• Like 4

The following years jerseys were soooo much better (the ones with white numbers in the same style - pre giant shoulder Elvis version). 

Single color white tv numbers looked like a cheap afterthought. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

The following years jerseys were soooo much better (the ones with white numbers in the same style - pre giant shoulder Elvis version). 

But I could see Nike doing that for the Patriots. We all know Nike loves to mismatch TV numbers with numbers on the front and back (Seahawks, Jaguars).

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jmac11281 said:

But I could see Nike doing that for the Patriots. We all know Nike loves to mismatch TV numbers with numbers on the front and back (Seahawks, Jaguars).

They just take away unnecessary outlines and patterns away that don't show up well regardless on such small applications. They don't make them completely different colors 

1 hour ago, dont care said:

They just take away unnecessary outlines and patterns away that don't show up well regardless on such small applications. They don't make them completely different colors 

Well, neither did the 1993 Patriots.

11 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

500x305-drew-bledsoe.jpg

Sorta teetered into Bills territory, but the change to the red facemask was a home run

• Like 2

Sorry if this was already posted, but Reggie White wore 91 with the Eagles when he first signed in 1985. He switched to his legendary 92 in 1986. 

IMG_2371.JPG

• Like 5

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Tim Thomas

hi-res-1656212_crop_north.jpg?w=630&h=42

• Like 2
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17