Players on the "RIGHT" Team, but "WRONG" Uniform

Leandro Barbosa has two entries for this:

Right team, wrong uniform, but right number: 

LeandroBarbosa_2013_USAT.jpg

And then right team, wrong uniform, wrong number, and possibly wrong haircut his 3rd time around:

09-barbosa-dribbles.jpg?itok=n8nu-9JE

EDIT: Speaking of Suns with multiple tenures, Dan Majerle in his return to Phoenix:

majerle_michael.jpg

• Like 1

On 8/17/2017 at 8:21 PM, PepMan33Conde said:

jazz0.jpg

Kirilenko (Wrong hair, too)

Wow, even I had forgotten that happened.

An odd random thing about AK is that even though he was a 2000's guy, his "right" uniform to me is the mountains set by far. Even the double blues don't look as right.

Also, I'm betting his number will be the next hanging in the Jazz rafters at this point.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

On August 17, 2017 at 11:24 AM, njdevs7 said:

Saw this pic today and thought it was really weird to the Islanders dynasty players and the cup with the navy-era jerseys.DHcYN4tVoAAKCN_.jpg

It's not really weird.  It's just a darkened version of the dynasty uniforms.  Heck in some pictures the dynasty and current sometimes look navy.

On 8/17/2017 at 7:21 PM, PepMan33Conde said:

Maybe this?

Yeah, probably. And while they'll sell a billion of those, they won't quite get to a gazillion because everyone knows he's leaving at the end of the year. It's almost like the Elway in the Nike Broncos, except I don't think James will have as happy an ending.

He also looks like he's playing dress-up in that photo. The new Cavs set doesn't really have any personality.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I know video games probably don't normally count, but this feels like a special case. Here's a publicity screenshot for NBA 2K18 that 2K sports posted to the game's Facebook page 2 weeks ago, featuring Kyrie Irving in the new Cavs home jersey... which now, because of his trade today, he will never wear in real life*.
GYVnbg8.jpg

* - potential future transactions notwithstanding.

• Like 2

On 7/21/2017 at 4:23 PM, M4One said:

Mario Lemiuex in the Robo Penguin alternate jersey just doesn''t look quite right.  As a bonus, Wayne Gretzky in a St. Louis Blues' jersey.

lemieux-gretzky.jpg

#bringbackthatpensuni

6pycts.jpg

vnmau8.jpg

JiOzZiL.png

hCnSO2I.png  

I'd say Doaner in a Jets jersey is just a flat out "player in the wrong uniform" scenario period since that team exists again. 

Although I'm hard pressed to think of which iteration of the Yotes uniform that he looks most right in at this point? 

mar-1999-shane-doan-of-the-phoenix-coyot 

shane-doan.png

6 hours ago, BrianLion said:

I'd say Doaner in a Jets jersey is just a flat out "player in the wrong uniform" scenario period since that team exists again. 

The original Jets and the Coyotes are one and the same franchise, so putting him in that thread would be wrong.  Doan has never played for the current Jets.

16 hours ago, M4One said:

The original Jets and the Coyotes are one and the same franchise, so putting him in that thread would be wrong.  Doan has never played for the current Jets.

franchise =/= team 

The current Jets have worn throwbacks to those Jets and own those marks now I believe. So from a "team" standpoint they're effectively one in the same, even though the original franchise that called itself that resides in Arizona. 

This is the equivalent of if Ray Lewis had played a year for the original Browns before moving to Baltimore. It's just a wrong uniform at this point mostly becauuse the Browns exist again back in their original city.