Players on the "RIGHT" Team, but "WRONG" Uniform

• 4 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, SabresRule7361 said:

Bobby Taylor, who played 9 seasons for the Philadelphia Eagles, played his first year in the last season of the Eagles' Kelly Green jerseys before they made the switch to Midnight Green

Image result for collector's choice eagles bobby taylor

Ahh, '96 Collector's Choice. Right up there with '95 Topps and Fleer in peak-'90s-ness.

Incidentally, did the Eagles wait awhile to announce their uniform change, or did the card companies just release their stock early? Because you would think this would have their then-brand-new helmet next to his name at the bottom, not to mention their midnight green color.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

Ahh, '96 Collector's Choice. Right up there with '95 Topps and Fleer in peak-'90s-ness.

Incidentally, did the Eagles wait awhile to announce their uniform change, or did the card companies just release their stock early? Because you would think this would have their then-brand-new helmet next to his name at the bottom, not to mention their midnight green color.

They showed the new uniforms in early Feb 96.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

WPIMAGE_cmgajcatlantafalcons_8178.jpg

The Atlanta Falcons' Mike Kenn, offensive tackle extraordinaire, while playing his whole career with the Falcons, spent the final final five seasons of his career in the "Falcons in Black" set. He's more associated with the red helmets/jerseys era of the 1970s/80s.

• Like 2

UBwef0L.png

On 7/14/2018 at 3:15 PM, PepMan33Conde said:

ward.jpg

Cam Ward - Carolina Hurricanes (2017-18)

I'll make a case for Justin Williams in these as well (I personally see him as a Cane first, but he probably has 2-3 "right" teams.)

Canadiens_Hurricanes_Hockey_08126.jpg-45

• Like 1

ibgsr9.jpg

san_diego_destroyers_player_sig___qb_wal

On 9/24/2018 at 9:12 PM, Davidellias said:

Keyshawn did kind of bounce around a bit but when I think of him it's in the Jets post 98 throwbacks

Also he's wearing his college number here

Keyshawn-Johnson-1996-Topps-430-Rookie-C

Just for fun, here's Keyshawn in the actual 1997 set:

06e49abfdf913bf1f703ef02d1f5f286.jpg

Remember when Keyshawn brought WR numbers in the teens into the league and it was a really big deal, but then everyone started doing it?

• Like 6

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...