If your NFL team left town, what would you do?

EvilChameleon

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is a tough question, being a Jets fan it is something I likely will never have to experience but at this point I have built up too much hatred for the Giants to switch to them. Following the Jets would be like following any other random team and since I already have went through so much with them I would most likely stick with them. If I were to move to another area there is a chance I would adopt that team.

<----------------

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

When I lost the North Stars I was done with them.  I had friends that, while they did not really follow the team in Dallas, were pulling for them in the 1999 finals.

I tried to cheer for the Red Wings (why?  Uniforms, why else?) but it did not take. In fact, their first finals was vs. the Devils...I was kinda pulling for the Wings, but when they lost I shrugged my shoulders and was glad that Neal Broten won a cup.  So I was not exactly hard core.

If the Vikings moved (which looked like a possibility a couple of years ago), it would probably be the same thing.  I would not have followed them.  I'd have been (even more) soured to the NFL and would have a passing interest come playoff time.  My real NFL fandom would most likely be done.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Well, my team did move, but they weren't local to me. I suppose I could go back to being a Bears fan but the Bears are even more annoying and distasteful than they were when I gave up on them, so why? Most likely I'll just go back to not watching any football.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

If the Cardinals ever left AZ I would probably pay less attention to the NFL honestly...probably just watch more college football and hockey.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

It's probably sacrilege to say as a Jets fan, but I'd probably wind up rooting for the Giants after a couple years. I don't really have anything against them at this point, and they'd be the sole remaining local team.

Luckily not something I ever expect to have to worry about, but that's the most likely scenario.

Wherever Tom Brady and Bill Belichick go, yeah, I'm gonna root for that team. I would root for the Iceland Patriots if it came down to it.

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

There was a point a few years ago where I was mostly resigned to the Bills leaving. The local college team (also my alma mater) has basically no shot at moving up in CFB, so I was hoping for a CFL expansion team.  It wouldn't have been a guaranteed success, but I think it could have been something special.  A part of me is actually sad that it didn't happen.

I hopped from team to team after the Rams left (hated the Raiders) eventually settling on the Chargers since they were the "local" team.  Now that the Rams are back I'm back with them.

VmWIn6B.png

Yeah, see, this is where the situation gets strange. How, exactly, did Orlando get a team? Do we really have 4 teams in Florida now? What bizarro world is this? 

But in all seriousness, my team did leave - the Oilers. I stayed with them until they rebranded, and then was totally done with the franchise in general. I then picked the Dolphins (because I had to pick the one Florida team that didn't have success in the late 90s/early 2000s), and then picked up the Texans when they came around.

ExJworW.png

Archived