2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs Uniforms

Mr. Krabs

1 hour ago, tohasbo said:

I saw on Twitter over the weekend that the Flames might be wearing their thirds/throwbacks at home for the playoffs.

The Capitals I still believe are doing the same.  Wearing their thirds for the home portion of the playoffs.

18 minutes ago, njdevs7 said:

Where did you see this Calgary news? Just curious. I actually like Calgary better with black. Although we all know that the edge template ruined those jerseys. I wonder if this means they are going the throwback route next year with the new Adidas jerseys

I am trying to locate it but I can't find anything about it.  I doubt they go the throwback route with the adidas template, whatever it may be.  I just hope adidas does not f it all up.  

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/28/2017 at 6:04 PM, AstroBull21 said:

Of the clinched teams, Minnesota probably.  Columbus is a maybe, but I'd say its less than 50% likely.

It's 100% Not going to happen. They said the game against Washington this past Sunday was "the last time they'll wear the thirds". I don't know if that means ever or if they're just talking about until thirds come back in 2018-2019 season. 

On 3/31/2017 at 0:13 PM, OhioSportsMan61 said:

It's probably not going to happen, but I would love it if the Jackets wore their alternates at home in the postseason. The Union+Steel Blue combo vs the Penguins' bright yellow would be a phenomenal matchup.

No thanks. I prefer the regular red white and blues and I think this is a pretty good looking matchup in its own right

630439918.thumb.jpg.592bc9d87c8da055a709a9139bc4b9e0.jpg

On 3/31/2017 at 1:04 PM, njdevs7 said:

Might be an unpopular opinion, but I actually don't like the CBJ thirds that much. I like their regular jersey better.

I am with you on this. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

9 minutes ago, insert name said:

Not really a fan of teams wearing alternatives in the playoffs. I feel once the postseason hits, it should be strictly primaries. 

I agree except when they plan on changing the next season. I don't think anyone was too upset by the Pens wearing their 3rds last year.

I think this year will have some awesome jersey matchups though.

2b3bafdb9e5b76492d2a308ce5b1068d_crop_no

9882477-nhl-pittsburgh-penguins-at-colum

St-Louis-Blues-vs-Minnesota-Wild-feature

1 hour ago, insert name said:

Not really a fan of teams wearing alternatives in the playoffs. I feel once the postseason hits, it should be strictly primaries. 

I hate it and the league shouldn't allow it. Among many reasons, the worst may be that it creates awful mismatches home to road like the Penguins last year or the Ducks in 2006. Both looked like completely different teams depending on where they were playing. 

IMG_1485.JPG.a0257cdb0ea2198d73a8817c7b57e889.JPGIMG_1486.thumb.JPG.75373b6fd4857f3d391154a44913e90a.JPG

that doesnt look like the same team and they went three rounds. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

1 hour ago, McCarthy said:

I hate it and the league shouldn't allow it. Among many reasons, the worst may be that it creates awful mismatches home to road like the Penguins last year or the Ducks in 2006. Both looked like completely different teams depending on where they were playing. 

IMG_1485.JPG.a0257cdb0ea2198d73a8817c7b57e889.JPGIMG_1486.thumb.JPG.75373b6fd4857f3d391154a44913e90a.JPG

I could not possibly agree with you more. That is the EXACT reason I'm not a fan of alternates in the playoffs.

The Penguins last year are enough for me to completely disagree. Every fan in that building wore Pittsburgh gold and the jerseys were fantastic. I'm so glad they didn't wear the lame duck template jerseys that everyone knew they were getting rid of.

1 hour ago, Mr. Krabs said:

I could not possibly agree with you more. That is the EXACT reason I'm not a fan of alternates in the playoffs.

I normally agree but I loved it when the Leafs wore their alternate throwback at home in the playoffs (when the home team wore white). It doesn't hurt that these are the greatest jerseys ever worn on NHL ice in my honest opinion

29600.jpg

On 2017-04-05 at 11:09 AM, McCarthy said:

IMG_1486.thumb.JPG.75373b6fd4857f3d391154a44913e90a.JPG

Off topic but I never noticed how mismatched those white uniforms were. Eggplant gloves and pants don't really jive with the scarcity of eggplant on the jerseys and socks.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

10 hours ago, FGM13 said:

Off topic but I never noticed how mismatched those white uniforms were. Eggplant gloves and pants don't really jive with the scarcity of eggplant on the jerseys and socks.

I don't think so at all. You have it in the striping, and being the darkest color it stands out, plus the numbers and letters. It's not much different than Calgary's old whites with black. 

12 hours ago, B-mer said:

I don't think so at all. You have it in the striping, and being the darkest color it stands out, plus the numbers and letters. It's not much different than Calgary's old whites with black. 

Exactly.  If the pants/gloves were teal it would be way too much.

It's a well designed UNIFORM.

23 hours ago, FGM13 said:

It was much better when they had the stripes on the pants. Connected all the colors with one another. 

The solid colored pants didn't look right on them and it was all because they wanted to wear that black third uniform and didn't want to have a second set of pants, which has become quite commonplace for thirds these days. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

On 4/5/2017 at 0:09 PM, McCarthy said:

Man those alternates were gross...were they already trying to phase out the Mighty by this time? They rebranded fully the next season IIRC

19 minutes ago, TorontoFan0906 said:

Man those alternates were gross...were they already trying to phase out the Mighty by this time? They rebranded fully the next season IIRC

They quietly swapped the home with the alternate mid season. This one was popular at the time, and probably influenced the decision to go with a wordmark as the new logo.

I liked that alt enough for what it was, but at the same time it was really overrated.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

1 hour ago, TorontoFan0906 said:

It was a very unique color combo. I don't think I've EVER seen black, eggplant and grey used together

Archived