2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs Uniforms

Mr. Krabs

4 hours ago, Still MIGHTY said:

Ducks go with their business blacks, as expected.

We've officially seen the last of the orange Mighty jerseys. For now, at least.

Le sigh. Only the Gosh Darned Anaheim Ducks would fail to capitalise on their playoff slogan.

At the very least I hope their Addydass set is better than the current design.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On April 10, 2017 at 1:58 PM, McCarthy said:

No and I've seen a lot of outrage elsewhere besides our little complaint department here at CCSLC.

Why dress like the team that won 5 Stanley Cups when you can look like the one that played in the WHA? 

I completely agree with you, but I'm convinced the reason they're doing it is to usher in the McDavid era of Oilers Hockey, to differentiate between the age of the Great One and the Next, Next, Next, Next, etc. One. New State of the art facility, new look; New MegaSuperstar, New look. So while I wouldn't have done it, I actually understand why they did. Anything but Navy, Copper, and Red and I'll survive though.

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

7 hours ago, wildwing64 said:

Blues playoff marketing prominently features the standard home jersey. I highly doubt we'll see the Winter Classic uniform.

Word is that the playoff towels set out for game 3 are of the Winter Classic jersey design. 

49 minutes ago, OMMF said:

Word is that the playoff towels set out for game 3 are of the Winter Classic jersey design. 

They are... And I also know that their word design of "LGB" on the seats is in white towels... Does anyone have any pictures of those? Those could possibly be a throwback road jersey... 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

Why do Minnesota wear those godawful thirds that don't even use that amazing logo they have? What an epic failure and a complete lack of awareness of what a good brand they had back in the beginning. FFS.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

3 hours ago, Bayne said:

Why do Minnesota wear those godawful thirds that don't even use that amazing logo they have? What an epic failure and a complete lack of awareness of what a good brand they had back in the beginning. FFS.

Because those Thirds are a fan favorite here in Minnesota and a better uniform than the red jerseys 

I was always curious about this: Remember in 2007 when the Canucks and Sabres started the playoffs wearing their standard home sweaters and then switched to their respective alternate jerseys midway through? That's not allowed, so were they punished or spoken to for it do you remember?

8 minutes ago, Mr. Krabs said:

I was always curious about this: Remember in 2007 when the Canucks and Sabres started the playoffs wearing their standard home sweaters and then switched to their respective alternate jerseys midway through? That's not allowed, so were they punished or spoken to for it do you remember?

I remember that as well. The Canucks wore the dark blue jerseys then switched to their vintage alternates for game 7 against Dallas and then won. They continued to wear them for the series against the Ducks as well when they played at home.

On 3/30/2017 at 11:03 PM, Morgo said:

Hoping the Flames will use their retros but given their recent ineptitude for uniforms, I'm not hopeful.

I've never liked black in the Flames unis. There was nothing wrong with the red/yellow/white look. Think about a flame... is it black? Why a black C then?

The old school look brings to mind Lanny McDonald, , Mike Vernon, Håkan Loob, Joe Mullen, Doug Gilmour, Al McGinnis, Theo Fleury, Joe Mullen... Joe Nieuwendyk!

3 hours ago, webdav said:

I've never liked black in the Flames unis. There was nothing wrong with the red/yellow/white look. Think about a flame... is it black? Why a black C then?

The old school look brings to mind Lanny McDonald, , Mike Vernon, Håkan Loob, Joe Mullen, Doug Gilmour, Al McGinnis, Theo Fleury, Joe Mullen... Joe Nieuwendyk!

I thought for sure they'd be wearing the retros in the playoffs if their plans were to bring back that look.  Now I'm thinking the Black C will stick around.  Hopefully they fix the striping and remove the flags, though I'm not hopeful with the latter.  People in Calgary seem to really like them for some bizarre reason.

I love the red, black and yellow combination on the home uniform, but on the road whites it feels like black has been shoehorned in and is fighting for dominance with red as the secondary colour. If for whatever reason they end up keeping the current template with the Addydass switchover, red pants would at least improve the road uniform.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

6 hours ago, webdav said:

Well if you look it that way, then there's going to be a few teams in all the leagues that need to change to be colour correct.  No, there wasn't anything wrong with their original set and if they hadn't, I wouldn't be suggesting they should change.  But, there's there no doubt that their pre-edge jerseys were one of the best in the league.  As a Canuck fan, I hate to admit that.  The black C really pops and what makes that uniform look so damn good.  I don't think it would have worked as well if it was white. 

So far, I have been a little bit disappointed with some of the jersey choices for the playoffs so far. I'm really disappointed that the Capitals are not wearing their retros for their home games. I feel the same way about the Flames' throwbacks too. I love those jerseys. One big disappointment for me is that the Ducks did not use their orange jersey. It is so much better than their home jersey and I see a lot of orange jerseys in that Anaheim crowd. It's a shame. My biggest disappointment believe it or not is that Edmonton is not wearing their blue jersey. I like the orange, but to me, the Oilers should always be blue. 

If the Flames don't go back to the originals, I really hope they do something similar if the not the same as the '04 Cup run sweaters. I've always been pro removing-black, but after seeing those more closely the '04 sweaters are just as good if not better.

If the Flames eliminate the black, they should take their original striping pattern and make that their new sweaters... No, not the original Calgary pattern, the original Atlanta Flames striping pattern...

This...

Flames1.png

is better than this...

Flames2.png

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

Archived