The Sports Genie

Bruins

You have suddenly been granted 3 sports-related wishes. What would you do with em? The only rules are:

1: They can't be for 100, 1,000,000, infinite etc. wishes

2. They can't be for anything outside of the sports world

3. Only one can be for a team to have won/lost a certain championship

So what would you wish for?

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

1. Someone to tell me the rules of cricket... seriously. How anyone can understand that sport is beyond me when the rules are so damn complicated.

2. The Mariners winning the 2001 World Series... just to piss New York off. Yeah, I went there.

3. NFL teams being allowed to wear their throwback helmets. Why this one? Imagine Russell Wilson in the old school silver lids? Yeah... that's awesome.

1. 2015 NCAA Basketball Championship game-Wisconsin over Duke.

2. North Stars are still in Minnesota to this day.

3. No designated hitter.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

1. The Toronto Maple Leafs to make a Chicago Blackhawks style run of Stanley Cups and greatness.

2. The Red Wings to disappoint and break hearts for the next few years by constantly ending up in 9th or 10th place as of the last day of the season.

3. Central Michigan to have a Western Michigan type season and win a BCS game or the whole damn thing. 

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

1. The Bills to have won one of those Super Bowls.

2. The NCAA to start paying athletes, or for players to be able to monetize their value while in school.

3. The NFL to fold under its own arrogance, and then be supplanted by soccer.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1. For the Oilers to win a Stanley Cup with McDavid at the helm.

2. For the Yankees to not sign any of Machado, Harper, Trout or Kershaw when they hit FA.

3. For career-lasting health and no falling off a cliff for Mike Trout and Connor McDavid.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

12 hours ago, Seadragon76 said:

1. Someone to tell me the rules of cricket... seriously. How anyone can understand that sport is beyond me when the rules are so damn complicated.

OK so the way I understood it was directly comparing it to baseball. 

6 bowls (pitches) in an over, and 20 to 50 overs in a streamlined game. Test cricket takes like 4 days which sucks. Each team gets to bat once in a game. The team batting first has to score as many runs as they can before they make 10 outs(one time through the order), or run out of pitches. Batters hit the ball and each time they run to the other set of stumps is a run. A hit to the boundary is 4 points, like a ground rule double, and a ball hit over it in the air is 6, which is like a home run. An out is made by a catch, or getting the ball back to the stumps before the tandem of runners make it past a line.

Once they all get out or run out of time, they break for tea(seriously) then the other team has a chance to bat trying to score more than the other team before they all get out or run out of pitches

That's basically it, honestly. Thinking of cricket, most people think of 4 day events but they're making strides to help TV coverage. t20 cricket lasts about as long as a baseball game, and the 50 over games are what is used in the world cup and last a whole day.

0ZJK3hSSRzn0HnncFgn8CVPC-zUWDz8h8AJJDiV6

So looking at this, Australia is batting. They have 72 runs and 1 out. They've been through 7 overs plays 4 bowls. They're currently batting at a clip of 9.39 runs per 6 pitches.

Warner is the one batting and finch is his batting mate. whoever ends up at the far end is the batter. So Warner is likely the person who just got in after the Australian out. He has 6 runs in 8 pitches, meanwhile Finch has 32 off 22. Ashwin is pitching for india and has 0 outs in 30 pitches. Then "this over" is just boxes of the current over. The 0 WD is a wide throw that was unhitable, and you could just pitch out all the time if it was legal.

I am by no means immersed as some people, so jump in if I have anything wrong or missing. But that is how I understood it, first by comparing it to baseball, then watching the scorebug count up during a game.

Now australian rules football... that's what I don't get.

Adding to this

1. Butler makes the half court shot against Duke

2. Nascar didn't have Davey Allison and Alan Kulwuiki die when they were emerging stars

3. A new Rays stadium, holy crap

1. That MJ missed the shot in Game 6 of the '98 Finals, the Jazz win and then blowout the Bulls for the Championship in Game 7.

2. That the New Orleans Hornets permanently relocated to OKC in 2005, thus keeping the Sonics in Seattle (or at least improving the odds).

3. That the Soldier Field renovations in 2001 were truer to the historic building then the spaceship stadium it turned out to be.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

1.  Peyton Manning's knee exploded before SBXLI

2.  The McCaskey family sells the Bears 

3.  Ted Phillips is hurled screaming from a helicopter 

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

1. Leafs win the 1993 Stanley Cup & Kerry Fraser is banished from Los Angeles for life.  I know that's a combo but it really isn't.

2. SkyDome is instantly replaced with a Safeco style 'outdoor' retractable roofed stadium. 

3. Canada breaks into the FIFA top 50 & never leaves.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

#1 Dolphins defeat 49ers in Super Bowl XIV; Marino gets his ring.

#2 Brewers make it past Cardinals in 2011 NLCS; I don't care if they win or lose after that.

#3 MLS never adopts European-style names for their franchises.

5 hours ago, raysox said:

OK so the way I understood it was directly comparing it to baseball. 

6 bowls (pitches) in an over, and 20 to 50 overs in a streamlined game. Test cricket takes like 4 days which sucks. Each team gets to bat once in a game. The team batting first has to score as many runs as they can before they make 10 outs(one time through the order), or run out of pitches. Batters hit the ball and each time they run to the other set of stumps is a run. A hit to the boundary is 4 points, like a ground rule double, and a ball hit over it in the air is 6, which is like a home run. An out is made by a catch, or getting the ball back to the stumps before the tandem of runners make it past a line.

Once they all get out or run out of time, they break for tea(seriously) then the other team has a chance to bat trying to score more than the other team before they all get out or run out of pitches

That's basically it, honestly. Thinking of cricket, most people think of 4 day events but they're making strides to help TV coverage. t20 cricket lasts about as long as a baseball game, and the 50 over games are what is used in the world cup and last a whole day.

0ZJK3hSSRzn0HnncFgn8CVPC-zUWDz8h8AJJDiV6

So looking at this, Australia is batting. They have 72 runs and 1 out. They've been through 7 overs plays 4 bowls. They're currently batting at a clip of 9.39 runs per 6 pitches.

Warner is the one batting and finch is his batting mate. whoever ends up at the far end is the batter. So Warner is likely the person who just got in after the Australian out. He has 6 runs in 8 pitches, meanwhile Finch has 32 off 22. Ashwin is pitching for india and has 0 outs in 30 pitches. Then "this over" is just boxes of the current over. The 0 WD is a wide throw that was unhitable, and you could just pitch out all the time if it was legal.

I am by no means immersed as some people, so jump in if I have anything wrong or missing. But that is how I understood it, first by comparing it to baseball, then watching the scorebug count up during a game.

Now australian rules football... that's what I don't get.

Adding to this

1. Butler makes the half court shot against Duke

2. Nascar didn't have Davey Allison and Alan Kulwuiki die when they were emerging stars

3. A new Rays stadium, holy crap

rules of cricket

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dJxEc4RD0g

so long and thanks for all the fish.

9 hours ago, charger77 said:

1. The Toronto Maple Leafs to make a Chicago Blackhawks style run of Stanley Cups and greatness.

2. The Red Wings to disappoint and break hearts for the next few years by constantly ending up in 9th or 10th place as of the last day of the season.

3. Central Michigan to have a Western Michigan type season and win a BCS game or the whole damn thing. 

As a Wings fan, I don't think you'll need a wish for this to happen.

Might as well, while I'm here.

1. Detroit Lions Superbowl victory

2. The Angels defeat the Yankees in the 2009 ALCS - an Angels/Phillies World Series would probably cost me some friends, but it'd be worth it.

3. Can I wish for the Lions to win again? How about Barry Sanders time travels and plays with Stafford and Calvin?

1)DePaul becomes a basketball powerhouse again

2)The Raiders stay in Oakland

3) I own the 31st & brand new AHL hockey team,the Sacramento Seals & play our games in Sleep Train arena.

#3 Weird right? I know.

1.) The Sonics return to Seattle.

2.) The Nordiques return to Quebec City.

3.) The Expos return to Montreal.

Was very tempting to use one for an Indians World Series win in 2016 in exchange for the Cubs breaking the curse this season, but there are other wrongs to right in the sports world.

And not even a magical genie could get the Browns in the playoffs.

Cleveland sports for life!
"Laugh hard. Run fast. Be kind." -The Doctor

Archived