Scrubs in Stars' Jerseys

kimball

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, stumpygremlin said:

The first thing I thought of was this: former Miami Dolphins safety Jake Scott. He wasn't exactly a scrub, though. He was MVP of Super Bowl VII (the undefeated team), a five time Pro Bowler, and is in the Dolphin Honor Roll.

Image result for jake scott miami dolphins

It can be argued that this guy is the real Dolphins #13...he is a 2x Super Bowl winner, Super Bowl MVP,  and had multiple Pro Bowl selections. The retired number should be shared.

spacer.png

9 hours ago, BShaw20 said:

It can be argued that this guy is the real Dolphins #13...he is a 2x Super Bowl winner, Super Bowl MVP,  and had multiple Pro Bowl selections. The retired number should be shared.

Well Marino had all the passing records for a time, so to call Scott the real 13 is a stretch. That said, I think the retirement of the number should be shared, since they both contributed massively to Dolphins lore.

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

3 minutes ago, MBurmy said:

Lynn Dickey (pretty decent QB in his own right)

Lynn+Dickey.png

T.J. Rubley (played for ONE drive/series in 1995, then was never seen again afterwards)

rubley+-+jsonline.jpg

Good ol' T.J. Rubley...loved his name. Wasn't he the lowest-rated player in Madden history at one point?

20 minutes ago, IceBurgs70 said:

Image result for dr. cox jeremy shockey jersey

Dr. Cox also loved the Giants

Hmmm...this was too early for the #80 to be Victor Cruz...was that Shockey's number in New York? It's been so long I can hardly remember. I know he wore a different number with the Saints than with the Giants...I wanna say he was 80 with NYG and then 88 with NO...can't recall what number he wore in Carolina.

Archived