3D Stuff - Added Flag Animation

HRC4

I should start by saying that I'm not very creative when it comes to creating logos from scratch. A lot of these that I've used are simple recolorings that I will never claim as my own and typically just post these to our leagues' Facebook pages. Most of these were just found on Google and recolored. I don't want to claim any ownership over any of the logos.

Now that I got that out of the way, something that I've done for my fantasy leagues, and something I hope to continue to do for real life leagues is create 3d maps that shows the location of each team. I will probably start with the professional sports and then move onto college conferences. If there's one that you really want to see earlier rather than later, let me know and I'll see once what I can do.

BRlde6C.jpg

#eastcoastbias

DCwfg1Z.jpg

XcryMwi.png

Started with the B1G Ten (since I root for Sparty). I don't love the glow completely and I have a lot of work ahead to get it perfect, but I am really satisfied with the reflections and how the logos turned out on here. Let me know your thoughts.

Zacqh9h.png

XcryMwi.png

I'm going to go ahead and call it a night with this one.

Only mapped the states that have a school in them. Deviated from the normal gray-mirror for map and instead went with a whiter color and differentiated between the states. I think I like this setup a little bit better.

11nCCEO.png

XcryMwi.png

• 1 month later...

If I'm going to keep trying to do these animations, I'm really going to need to upgrade my computer. This thing took about 6 hours to render in C4D.

XcryMwi.png

5 hours ago, Conrad. said:

Lol, damn, 6 hours. To be fair, that's looks BALLER. Nice work.

I know I can cut some corners in the future. I did 1080p resolution and used pretty high end shadows on this. Cutting back on those two things will make a world of difference. Either that, or I can just start all of my renders before bed.

XcryMwi.png

Much quicker on this render. Granted, there's not a whole lot to this one. Up next is figuring out how to add some sort of audio to these.

XcryMwi.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This looks awesome. I've tried 3D rendering before, and it sure as hell wasn't my thing. You made it look great, and presented it in a great way.

I'd love to see a map for the NHL, but I get it if you're not taking requests. Don't feel like you have to do it.

9 hours ago, Zeus89725 said:

This looks awesome. I've tried 3D rendering before, and it sure as hell wasn't my thing. You made it look great, and presented it in a great way.

I'd love to see a map for the NHL, but I get it if you're not taking requests. Don't feel like you have to do it.

Talked me right into it. Starting in the crowded northeast.

pU0rETn.png

XcryMwi.png

7 hours ago, Meh said:

could you make an animation for the big ten?

I just made an approximately 1 minute long animation with the Big Ten map and started the render about 20 minutes ago. It should be done in 28 hours. That is NOT a typo. Heading off to camping soon and hopefully it will be done with no hiccups by the time I get home on Sunday. :unsure:

XcryMwi.png

Archived