Nike NBA Concepts 2017-18 (New Bucks Full Concept)

itsmb8

In this concept series I will include Home, Away, and Alternates for all 30 teams, as well as general and alternate courts.  Enjoy!

Atlanta 

Boston

Brooklyn

Charlotte

Chicago

Cleveland

Dallas

Denver

Detroit

Golden State

Houston

Indiana

Los Angeles Clippers

Los Angeles Lakers

Memphis

Miami

Minnesota

Milwaukee

New Orleans

New York

Oklahoma City

Orlando

Philadelphia

Phoenix

Portland

Sacramento

San Antonio

Toronto

Utah

Washington

C&C is welcomed and encouraged!

592634da4cadb_sportsteamssig.png.c86c5b40ec930f46f206deec327ba08b.png

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not bad, I like the blazers more so than the Hornets, the gradient honey comb does make it a little crowded on both places. Maybe try and do a gradient honeycomb stripe?

a2BRS8U.png

4 hours ago, ImmortalChef said:

The Hornets are too crowded, but the Blazers are fine

29 minutes ago, H11K said:

Not bad, I like the blazers more so than the Hornets, the gradient honey comb does make it a little crowded on both places. Maybe try and do a gradient honeycomb stripe?

When I was designing the uniform I was thinking the same.  Is it just the shorts that are crowded or jersey as well?  I'm thinking of making the outline of the shorts logo bigger, maybe that would fix it.  

Next up we have the Washington Wizards.  I really wanted to incorporate the flag as a main point to this jersey to really hit on the patriotic identity D.C.'s team should have.  And I also like the current look of their main uniforms but dont really care for the wordmark being in between both red stripes, which is how i came up with this.  (I also love the Team USA Hockey jerseys from the Sochi Winter Olympics so I guess I got my inspiration from that as well.) 

58e059ed1b087_wizardshome.thumb.png.45acb4858d8a8734444141d512f16340.png

Any teams I should try next? 

1 hour ago, itsmb8 said:

Next up we have the Washington Wizards.  I really wanted to incorporate the flag as a main point to this jersey to really hit on the patriotic identity D.C.'s team should have.  And I also like the current look of their main uniforms but dont really care for the wordmark being in between both red stripes, which is how i came up with this.  (I also love the Team USA Hockey jerseys from the Sochi Winter Olympics so I guess I got my inspiration from that as well.) 

Any teams I should try next? 

New York Knicks!!

Blazers and Wizards look good, although I don't dig the gradient honeycomb on the Hornets uni. Lose the gradient and I'm sold. Curious to see how you would tackle the Celts. Pretty nice designs all around!

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

15 hours ago, itsmb8 said:

I think this is better than anything the current Wizards have ever worn outside of throwbacks.   My only dislike is the truncated white star in the starfield on the shorts.

How about the Lakers?

Here's the Knicks design i came up with.  I like the current design but wanted to add the stripe on the shorts to keep it from being too bare, and that also gave me a place to put the sublimated apples to add that "Big Apple New York" feature to the design.  I think ill do the Celtics and Lakers next, but those are classics so I'm not planning on doing much different with those.

58e1a25582406_newyorkhome.thumb.png.b548794f091503849783388c8246611e.png

Here's Boston.  Nothing major except for a slightly different stripe and i changed the coloring of the wordmark to a green outline with a floor pattern inside.  I like how it is right now of i could go either 1) black inside with green outline, 2) reverse of 1, or 3) just green.  Next are the Lakers 

58e1cca2be7df_bostonhome.thumb.png.388714e8c98128f63b9c4a65b6a503cd.png

9 hours ago, itsmb8 said:

Here's Boston.  Nothing major except for a slightly different stripe and i changed the coloring of the wordmark to a green outline with a floor pattern inside.  I like how it is right now of i could go either 1) black inside with green outline, 2) reverse of 1, or 3) just green.  Next are the Lakers 

58e1cca2be7df_bostonhome.thumb.png.388714e8c98128f63b9c4a65b6a503cd.png

Nice, have you thought of doing the gold as the outline? 

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

Blazers: I instantly recognized the jersey design from having seen it on Behance before -- I know you gave credit to Max Sang in the original post, but I'd challenge you to create your own original jersey design. I've long struggled with the Blazers, so I'd be interested in seeing your take on things. As for the shorts, I'm a big fan of the way in which you've incorporated their striping as well as how it flows with the logos. 

Hornets: As others have mentioned, the gradient does feel a bit abrasive....not overwhelmingly so, but enough to consider tweaking it. My suggestion would be to flip the positive and negative space -- making the honeycombs themselves white and the outline/pattern the gradient. This would mute things without sacrificing the design or the gradient effect. Also, I'd space the numbers out to where they aren't touching, and reduce the stroke on the back numbers by a point or so. I absolutely love the team-specific font for the player name on the back, as the NBA's current cookie-cutter-ish trend is unnecessarily generic.

Wizards: This is a fine uniform set in theory, but it really magnifies how much I dislike the Wizards' current identity: in my opinion, they should either retain their current color palette and change their team name to reflect something more specific to our nation's capital, or they should abandon their current color palette and embrace their current identity as the Wizards. I'd prefer the latter, but either would make more sense than what they have now. As for your uniform design, I think the truncated white stars mentioned by @sayahh as well as the different scaling of the stars and stripes between the jerseys and the shorts make the perspective feel a bit awkward. The overall design feels very clean and on-brand, though.

Knicks: The sublimated apples seem somewhat cartoon-ish and off-brand, though if I'm not mistaken the team had an alternate logo featuring an apple back in the day. I'd consider finding a way to incorporate that logo or a similar one to tie in your theme. In terms of proportions, the shorts stripe and especially its piping feel wide, and the stroke around the back numbers could benefit from its thickness being reduced.

Celtics: You've done a good job here in terms of modifying their look without compromising their brand. However, I think I'm in agreement with @panthers_2012 re: making the wordmark and numbers green and their outline(s) gold. Overall, it would feel clean and classic either way.

Solid start so far! We need more NBA concepts on these boards, so I'll be looking forward to what you post next!

Update to the Knicks, definitely better.  Decreased the stripe and the number outline and added the throwback NYK apple with a current alternate logo inside it to replace the "NY" letters featured in the original logo. 58e2de84ad7b5_newyorkhome.thumb.png.bd32dd255bb630abef3bdd599a17f82f.png

5 hours ago, itsmb8 said:

Update to the Knicks, definitely better.  Decreased the stripe and the number outline and added the throwback NYK apple with a current alternate logo inside it to replace the "NY" letters featured in the original logo. 58e2de84ad7b5_newyorkhome.thumb.png.bd32dd255bb630abef3bdd599a17f82f.png

this version is much improved and cleaner. good job!

Like them all!

A couple things, to be nitpicky, would be that I hate the flipping of the Blazers shorts logo. 

The gradient, as others have said, doesn't look good on Charlotte's

I don't like the original gold wordmark on the Celtics. The revision looks 10x better.

New York's is also much better.

Would like to request the Jazz!

signature.png

Check out my Instagram page! 9.5k strong! @RileyGissemanArt

On 4/5/2017 at 3:56 PM, R3G said:

Like them all!

A couple things, to be nitpicky, would be that I hate the flipping of the Blazers shorts logo. 

The gradient, as others have said, doesn't look good on Charlotte's

I don't like the original gold wordmark on the Celtics. The revision looks 10x better.

New York's is also much better.

Would like to request the Jazz!

I was waiting for someone to say something about the blazers logo flip...

It's definitely something that can be easily fixed, but i guess it comes down to whether you want the logo to be similar or the stripe, and i chose the stripe in the original.  I'll make an update with your suggestion as well as an update to the hornets and put them up next to the originals for comparisons.  Also ill start working on the Jazz too.

And sorry for the slowdown guys!  I've gotten really caught up with school and exams but should be back to these concepts by at least next week, probably earlier.

Archived