Nike NBA Concepts 2017-18 (New Bucks Full Concept)

itsmb8

On 4/3/2017 at 7:48 PM, itsmb8 said:

Update to the Knicks, definitely better.  Decreased the stripe and the number outline and added the throwback NYK apple with a current alternate logo inside it to replace the "NY" letters featured in the original logo. 58e2de84ad7b5_newyorkhome.thumb.png.bd32dd255bb630abef3bdd599a17f82f.png

Make the name on back (NOB) single color blue to make it a little more clean.  I like the logo on the shorts.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/31/2017 at 10:36 PM, itsmb8 said:

Just wanted to put in my take for some NBA uniforms now that nike is taking over for the next 8 or so years.  With the great templates we have now as well as not too many people putting out there work I decided to throw my hat in the ring. 

With these first two I tried to change up a bit the designs, but I also know that some teams have timeless identities so ill keep that in mind going forward.

So with that, the first two: 58df1f3b48b54_portlandhome.thumb.png.a80ea1014686ddb954dbf61b48337668.png

58e156f187a60_charlottehome.thumb.png.fb30b4f6730227787c2d1ef7fde4307e.png

Credit goes to Max Sang on Behance for the inspiration on Portland's jersey

And of course, C&C are especially welcome here!

EDIT: Made a change to the Hornets font to the one they currently use.

Huh the blazers one looks familiar, thanks for the credit tho!!

IMG_0522.PNG

14 minutes ago, Max Sang said:

https://www.behance.net/gallery/46477341/2017-2018-Nike-x-NBA-Jerseys-Southeast these are some concepts I made I while back maybe last summer on photoshop, thought they where very similar to your concepts but more realistic 

IMG_0519.PNG

IMG_0521.PNG

Can't remember if I commented on Behance or not, but excellent job with these concepts -- both from a design perspective as well as an execution perspective. I'd love to see your take on other teams!

8 hours ago, Max Sang said:

Huh the blazers one looks familiar, thanks for the credit tho!!

IMG_0522.PNG

Your work over on Behance definitely inspired me to start on my own concepts.  Those to be completely honest, are prefect.  If the NBA and those teams dont use your designs ill be shocked.  Not only that but id probably buy those jerseys if they were actually being used

592634da4cadb_sportsteamssig.png.c86c5b40ec930f46f206deec327ba08b.png

Still planning on continuing these, but im in the hope stretch of college for the year so im putting everything off until then.  My current order is Bulls (one of two favorite teams), Lakers, Pacers, Grizzlies. Dont expect much with the Bulls, Lakers, or Grizzlies.  Bulls and Lakers are classics and the Grizzlies you really cant do much with.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally back with the Bulls.  Didn't do much because their look is a classic, but i did change a bit to fit the template.  Overall i think i did a good job on it.  Next is the Lakers, and then the Jazz, Pacers, and Grizzlies. 

590e66257addc_chicagohome.thumb.png.5e51a078f35b5dc22ba51c8ccb3f354a.png

Took a lot of current features along with the throwback shadow font for the wordmark and numbers and put in a different kind of striping that's sort of a mix between the current style and the old style.  Hope you guys like these, and I'm onto the Jazz now.  After I get through all 30 home jerseys ill probably start on Away jerseys (which is really just flipping some colors and wordmarks. 

590eb9656bf69_lalakershome.thumb.png.3d50b17875072499d8141aeef84bbeb5.png

6 hours ago, itsmb8 said:

Took a lot of current features along with the throwback shadow font for the wordmark and numbers and put in a different kind of striping that's sort of a mix between the current style and the old style.  Hope you guys like these, and I'm onto the Jazz now.  After I get through all 30 home jerseys ill probably start on Away jerseys (which is really just flipping some colors and wordmarks. 

590eb9656bf69_lalakershome.thumb.png.3d50b17875072499d8141aeef84bbeb5.png

I love 3D numbers so much great job, I also love that dennys is the sponsor (please let that happen)

Excellent!

Bulls - The diamonds on the shorts are too perfectly square, and the armholes look bare without the trim to match the collar, waistband, and bottom of the shorts. Other than that it looks good -- no need to fix what's not broken.

Lakers - I like it the more I look at it, but it might be just a bit too heavy on the purple. The last Lakers jerseys with a purple wordmark and numbering didn't have the purple side panels - which irked me because of the lack of continuity with the shorts - but the purple wordmark, purple numbering, purple side panels, purple collar, and purple armholes could benefit from a little contrast. Also, super minor nitpick, I'd make the numbers three-dimensional by connecting the corners of the white drop shadow to the corners of the purple numbering. Overall, it looks pretty good and feels like a relatively reasonable update to their current look.

3 hours ago, Hoopladawg87 said:

Bulls - The diamonds on the shorts are too perfectly square, and the armholes look bare without the trim to match the collar, waistband, and bottom of the shorts. Other than that it looks good -- no need to fix what's not broken.

Lakers - I like it the more I look at it, but it might be just a bit too heavy on the purple. The last Lakers jerseys with a purple wordmark and numbering didn't have the purple side panels - which irked me because of the lack of continuity with the shorts - but the purple wordmark, purple numbering, purple side panels, purple collar, and purple armholes could benefit from a little contrast. Also, super minor nitpick, I'd make the numbers three-dimensional by connecting the corners of the white drop shadow to the corners of the purple numbering. Overall, it looks pretty good and feels like a relatively reasonable update to their current look.

When i was making the Bulls jerseys i wasnt planning on making them so square but thats what was easiest to do so i just went with it.  Its really just used as a way of saying keep the shorts design.

And with the Lakers ill look at what i can do to decrease the purple on the sides.  Also when i was done i realized the actual shadow numbers that were used had an outline on the purple numbers so ill fix that.

On 4/27/2017 at 1:00 AM, itsmb8 said:

Still planning on continuing these, but im in the hope stretch of college for the year so im putting everything off until then.  My current order is Bulls (one of two favorite teams), Lakers, Pacers, Grizzlies. Dont expect much with the Bulls, Lakers, or Grizzlies.  Bulls and Lakers are classics and the Grizzlies you really cant do much with.

You can do plenty with the Grizzlies...just start by changing their color scheme.

3 hours ago, lbj273 said:

Love that you brought back the 3D numbers for the Lakers.

For the Bulls, I'm not a fan of the gray on the waist band stripe.  The Jordan logo looks so right on a Bulls uniform though.

That gray is just the mesh of the waistband, its actually white. 

In come the Utah Jazz!  I really liked the mountain design on the shorts in their old uniforms, and the current stripe in their new uniform is really nice as a simple design so i mashed them together in a (hopefully) clean design.  I also put the stripe on the waistband and collar.  Blue numbers and nameplate and the current wordmark are also included, with the 5 for the Fight logo that the Jazz announced would be on their uniforms next season.  Next up are the Grizzlies and Kings.

utah home.png

Jazz - I love that the wordmark stayed, but the number font really clashes with it -- also, the notch on that '1' in and of itself looks very off.The collar and waistband trim look great, though the mismatched armholes are questionable and the thickness of the trim at the bottom of the shorts is a little overbearing. I'm very okay with the mountain graphics returning, as I too was a big fan of them on their '90s jerseys, though I wonder if the ones you have here are too detailed....I don't have a great eye for logos/illustrations, so I'd be curious as to what others think.

Archived