MLB Concepts by KittSmith95- San Diego Padres

KittSmith_95

Well, after seeing @FinsUp1214's MLB series, it got me inspired to make concepts again. I've tried to learn other art programs, but I always end up getting flustered, so I've chosen to stick to what I know for this series: MS Paint. 

Anyways, the 1st team: The Anaheim Angels. Seriously, the "Los Angeles" & "of" aren't needed at all. 

4DGc00p.png

For the Angels, I wanted a set that was different but also showed history for the team. I decided to use the 1971 logo as the basis for the concept as I've always adored that logo. The jerseys themselves are a blend of the 1960's, 1970's, The "Angels In The Outfield" set & the 2007-Now jerseys. As for each colour, it's a blend of RBG values from each era that creates the Navy (They've used 3 different shades), Grey (2 variations, but also mixed with the light blues used by the team during the 00's) & Red that these Angels wear. I also feel like the Angels are a team that can pull off dressing in various setups, so I gave them 3 hats to wear. I also decided Navy was best to use on the Road given their love of using the current reds at home. 

Let me know watcha think & maybe give me a suggestion on who to do next. 

P.S. Does anyone know if I can get any MLB fonts somehow? I can't seem to find any. 

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

This is a great start! I like the direction you're taking with the Angels. I also think that number font really works well for what you're going for. Great choice there. If anything, I'd say to try and shrink the cap logo a bit, as it's a bit too big. But aside from that, this looks good!

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

47 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

This is a great start! I like the direction you're taking with the Angels. I also think that number font really works well for what you're going for. Great choice there. If anything, I'd say to try and shrink the cap logo a bit, as it's a bit too big. But aside from that, this looks good!

It's the old Mighty Ducks font from their 90's alternates, to be honest. 

Numbers-ANA-1998.gif

3 hours ago, cjm3114jr said:

Does anyone else think that the "navy" looks very green?

Not sure which picture you're talking about, as I don't see Green at all. 

Anyways, the next team will be up shortly. Were staying in California for this one. 

Well guys, the next team is ready! Took me a little while longer than I would've liked do to resizing image issues commonly found with Paint. 

Anyways: The Padres. A team that has had a hodgepodge of history & can't seem to stick to a cohesive design, with fans wanting to see them go back and embrace a certain colour: Brown. 

I agree with most people that Brown was the way to go with the Padres, but what colour should also be used? I chose Orange. I personally like the look of the 1985 era Padres the best, but always felt it was a little too Giants-y for most people. So what did I do? I went ahead and decided to use the lighter orange from the Taco Bell set and the Drak jersey base colour from the 60's era Those two shades meshed really well with the 85 shade of brown, IMO. 

Anyways, Logos/Wordmarks & Jerseys: 

GRmkE7j.png

MXy1CTP.png

I kept the set simple, going for a H & R Pinstriped set & then a brown alternate to be worn on the road. I thought about a Orange Alt as well, but I feel 3 jerseys worked best for The Padres. 

The next team I'm going to post is already being worked on, and it's going to be Tampa Bay. However, if you got a request, don't be afraid to ask! 

22 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

San Diego looks pretty good. You need to work on shrinking the logos and wordmarks, though. 

It's really hard in Paint to get them to come out without Pixelation of any sort at all. It angers me at times. 

Archived