Pistons Logo Change

Fuhrms

37 minutes ago, mr.nascar13 said:

Hmm... I'm willing to bet it's a horse-themed alternate.

(Blink twice if I'm right ?)

How about do nothing or deny if you're right?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Conrad. said:

That 'D'-in-a-circle will NOT be the new alternate logo. I can confirm that 100%.

I think everyone will like the new alternate logo. Can't say anything about the details of it unfortunately, until it leaks somewhere.

Interesting. All the other leaks from last summer that the Twitter account that provided that have been accurate thus far (nailing the primary logo and the Pistons court update), so I'm guessing that the NBA shot it down for not being unique/different enough from the primary logo. Definitely good news as it was my biggest complaint with the Pistons update.

On 4/7/2017 at 9:38 AM, projectjohn said:

This gets by a lot of people, but the new (old) logo is also a piston in a cylinder viewed from above.

I've stared at it for a minute or two now, and I'm not seeing it. What I can sort of see are those small, cylindrical fans that you sometimes see on roofs.

i like the logo. great colors, great use of them. a solid design playing off the old one. that type though is nothing short of unfortunate. the "S" might be one of the most busted single letters i have ever seen. here was an opportunity to correct all that bad old type, and they dropped the ball (ha!)

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

3 minutes ago, BrandMooreArt said:

i like the logo. great colors, great use of them. a solid design playing off the old one. that type though is nothing short of unfortunate. the "S" might be one of the most busted single letters i have ever seen. here was an opportunity to correct all that bad old type, and they dropped the ball (ha!)

lol! Yeah the S is pretty bad. Should've simplified the script. 

The S has always looked fine to me. It's a bit wonky, but it has character and doesn't clash with the rest of the font. The letter that's bothering me now is actually the E in DETROIT. If you look closely, you can see that the crossbar is slightly thicker than the top and bottom bars. It just looks sloppy.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I must be the only one that likes the horse logo (the RWB one to clarify). It wasn't perfect, but it was the only time in their history they came close to having some sort of creative brand identity.

When your name is as unique and city-specific as the Pistons, how can you let your logo be so bland?

32 minutes ago, ScubaSteve said:

I must be the only one that likes the horse logo (the RWB one to clarify). It wasn't perfect, but it was the only time in their history they came close to having some sort of creative brand identity.

When your name is as unique and city-specific as the Pistons, how can you let your logo be so bland?

I agree. The only reason I tolerate this logo is because it has history... outside of that? It's unimpressive.

59 minutes ago, BrandMooreArt said:

#ShamelessPlug

4 minutes ago, Conrad. said:

#ShamelessPlug

I like it.  The only thing that distracts me now is the first "T" in "DETROIT" vs. the "T" in "PISTONS."  I think you should use the same "T" in both places (whether it be the block "T" or the one with the rounded leading edge on the crossbar).

I'm happy the navy is officially removed from the color scheme. It was only ever used as shading for 10 + years since 2001, and then all of a sudden the Pistons stared to emphasize it heavily with the Motor City and Chrome jerseys. I have to imagine Motor City is now retired, and the Chrome will be updated to have royal blue replace navy.

12 minutes ago, Conrad. said:

#ShamelessPlug

Instant upgrade, though I'm convinced that Detroit had to make it this ugly in order to differentiate it further from their Bad Boys logo or else it wouldn't be approved.

Archived