Pistons Logo Change

Fuhrms

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Fuhrms said:

Basically a confirmation.

IMG_0281.PNG

Well, I wouldn't call it a confirmation as they've been doing this for the past year. But, it's a welcomed change. 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

3 minutes ago, dont care said:

They've been half assedly introducing that logo, neither confirming nor denying that it will be the new primary for the past year and a half.

Oh, I know. But the logo is prominent on a high-profile collectible/giveaway. Seems like a fairly good indicator.

1 hour ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

I'm hoping they at least introduce an alternate logo that somehow signifies the city of Detroit (like you know, vehicles... which I guess is what Detroit is only known for).

This is the secondary that made the rounds last year:

IMG_0537.PNG

I feel like they use this logo to represent the overall history of the Pistons. It would be a little odd to commemorate the past teams (especially from the 80s) with the current logo, so this is their catchall. I don't think they will move to this, personally. And I hope they don't. It's nice from a history perspective but it's pretty boring.

This should have never stopped being their alternate logo, even after they changed primaries back in 2006. 

445.gif.358559385dd730d83b97cd4ad4af8dbe.gif

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

^ yeah, I like the horse-ball logo. with a little simplification (there's too many small details, which screams "90s"), it could work nicely as an alternate logo. there never should be a horse in the primary logo, though. it's a nice, creative alternate idea, but a little too off-the-wall for a primary visualization.

6 hours ago, kimball said:

This should have never stopped being their alternate logo, even after they changed primaries back in 2006. 

The updated take on the old logo is better than anything with a forced horsepower theme.

#hottake

8 hours ago, kimball said:

Just out of curiosity, I wonder if the horsehead logo more popular with those that aren't Pistons fans than those that are.  I don't personally know of a single Pistons fan from Michigan that wants this or anything remotely related to the color mistake from the 90s to return.

2 hours ago, shark said:

Just out of curiosity, I wonder if the horsehead logo more popular with those that aren't Pistons fans than those that are.  I don't personally know of a single Pistons fan from Michigan that wants this or anything remotely related to the color mistake from the 90s to return.

Right. The logo isn't the problem; the flashbacks to teal are.

I like the fauxback update, and am curious what, if anything, it suggests about the next uniform set. The Pistons are middle of the pack in that regard, and have been since the current version was unveiled, but I'd rather they stand pat than move into Hawks territory. 

On 4/3/2017 at 7:39 PM, Dolphins Dynasty said:

I'm hoping they at least introduce an alternate logo that somehow signifies the city of Detroit (like you know, vehicles... which I guess is what Detroit is only known for).

A horse with exhaust pipes.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

21 hours ago, shark said:

I love this logo and would love for it to make a comeback 

On 4/4/2017 at 2:27 PM, Ice_Cap said:

The updated take on the old logo is better than anything with a forced horsepower theme.

#hottake

I'd understand if you were talking about a different Detroit team, but I don't have a problem with a 'forced horsepower' theme considering the team is called the Pistons.

Anything is better than yet another "script in front of basketball" logo considering a third of the league uses such a lame motif.

On 4/4/2017 at 10:05 AM, kimball said:

I look at this now and think that it's meant to be some kind of commemorative logo for the 2006 and 2011 NBA Finals. 

They have been using that logo as part of their "Detroit Basketball" campaign for the last two seasons. I would say it's an improvement, but that isn't saying much. It's possible the Pistons have the second most bland logo history, next to the Lakers. I would love to see an updated Piston man, but I doubt that would happen considering those logos were only in use when the team was based in Fort Wayne.

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

Archived