Pistons Logo Change

Fuhrms

1 hour ago, projectjohn said:

Both points are valid, but honestly the teal era was a damn golden age compared to 2009-2014.

Record wise, yes, though they looked like hot garbage and I never could muster much love for the Grant Hill era (Dele, Cleaves, Mills, etc.). Seeing Dumars go down with the ship in that look was the icing.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, projectjohn said:

Both points are valid, but honestly the teal era was a damn golden age compared to 2009-2014.

I think "eras" as far as uniforms go are often tied to championships. 

The 70s and 2009-2014 were dark times, but those years don't really sully a general look that's still associated with three titles. 

The teal years werent associated with the worst years of Pistons basketball, but at best they were mediocre and never tied the look to a title.  

15 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

I think "eras" as far as uniforms go are often tied to championships. 

The 70s and 2009-2014 were dark times, but those years don't really sully a general look that's still associated with three titles. 

The teal years werent associated with the worst years of Pistons basketball, but at best they were mediocre and never tied the look to a title.  

Oh, I agree. I guess I didn't word that well, but I much prefer the royal and red to the teal, either the current or the Bad Boys era interpretations. In fact, it seems I may be in the minority on this (most I've seen don't seem to like the wishbone collar), but if all we get jersey wise is a shorts logo update and the return of the mid-2000s red alternate, I'm personally going to be very, very happy with the Pistons refresh. Just was pointing out the teal era wasn't as bad as some people remember it in terms of the team's actual performance compared to what we've seen lately. I wouldn't have minded one of the teal era secondary logos in the team's updated colors compared to the "P" logo they've been using, but I'm interested to see whatever they've cooked up to replace that.

• 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, odor31 said:

DBz7V-BW0AEO15v.jpg

An improvement from the previous "P" logo but nothing to write home about. This is where I would have liked to have seen a little more creativity that some people wanted from the primary logo.

The basketball flying through the D is apparently a "tertiary" logo so I wouldn't expect to see much of it.

Pistons secondaries in team store Twitter post. Interlocking one looks like LAC leftover (D even like a C). 

Is that a ball/piston going through the D other one, recalling a B for Detroit Basketball? Can't tell. 

Neither are any good.

IMG_0667.PNG

IMG_0665.PNG

I'm wondering why they didn't just unveil these with primary logo? I mean they didn't even announce these when you think about it.

I remember Conrad saying in the other thread that he thought we'd like the alternate logo. While I like the blue D with a ball going through it, apparently it's not even an alternate logo?

These are incredibly bad, worst than beer league logos... I can't believe someone was actually paid to come up with such :censored:. As a Pistons fan I love the moves Gores is making but those are simply embarassing.

That D logo is not a looker, but I like the interlocking DP. I personally don't think of the LAC logo when I see it. However, if it was the primary, I'd probably have a reaction to it like the Clips (throwing up in my mouth). I think a return to the "classic" primary look makes the secondaries more likable. Would probably feel the same about LA if they went back to a more traditional primary and used the CLA as a secondary. 

9 hours ago, odor31 said:

DBz7V-BW0AEO15v.jpg

"City/nickname" monograms are lazy. They should really just be the city. There aren't many nickname monograms in any of the sports that look good as it is. Huge pet peeve of mine. There's no other Detroit pro basketball team in red, white and blue that you're going to confuse them with. It doesn't even feel minor league, it feels Little League, as if they got some 12-year-old to come up with an identity and couldn't draw a piston so they did a DP monogram instead to fill out the set.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

"What does DP stand for?"

"Double penetration."
"TP?"

"Triple penetration."
"FA/P/LM?"
"Farm animals, pets, or lunch meat."

"L inside a C?"
"I won't lay inside a coffin."

"F a T?"

"I won't fist a turkey."
"DHD on an HC?"
"I will not suck a double-headed dildo on a hovercraft."
"That's insane!"
"I know, that's why I won't do it!"

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The B is really a stretch.  The middle part that "makes it a B" is not designed like anything in the D.  It's far easier to think the DP logo features a C.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

3 hours ago, the admiral said:

"What does DP stand for?"

"Double penetration."
"TP?"

"Triple penetration."
"FA/P/LM?"
"Farm animals, pets, or lunch meat."

"L inside a C?"
"I won't lay inside a coffin."

"F a T?"

"I won't fist a turkey."
"DHD on an HC?"