RyanMcD29

Tank in the news

427 posts in this topic

Just now, BayouJim said:

Would this be a wrong time to bring up that time that Tank went to the ER cause he had a piece of spicy chicken stuck in his throat?

yes yes it is

8 minutes ago, BayouJim said:

Would this be a wrong time to bring up that time that Tank went to the ER cause he had a piece of spicy chicken stuck in his throat?

And posted play-by-play from the ER. 

4 people like this

59 minutes ago, Cujo said:

And without scrolling back, I can guarantee someone has brought up the idea of lifting Tank's ban.  I'll pass.

Of course they have and you gotta love the logic behind it. Tank gets banned from CCSLC for a history of meltdowns. Tank has a meltdown that goes viral. CCSLCers decide that Tank's meltdown is the perfect reason to lift Tank's ban. :blink:

3 people like this

This is utterly bizarre. The whole time, reading this entire thread, just saying "holy f***, this is unreal" to myself. I can never explain why this is so weird to anyone outside of these boards. They'll never understand.

While I disagreed with Tnak on many topics, our interactions were mostly cordial and it's a shame to see people (not here, but else where on the internet) making jokes that essentially boil down to "ha ha, this is funny because he's fat." Real clever.

8 minutes ago, AstroBull21 said:

Plugging the eCyclopedia in the first minute...

The medium to severe ribbing the Barstoool guys gave him over the look  of the site, which LMU alluded to, gave him carte blanche to plug away, yet unaware of the criticism.

Guys I just realized that he could be parodied on SNL 

10 people like this

How long until he shows up in the clickbait ads at the bottom of the boards?

Remember Frank Fleming?  You won't believe what he looks like now!

(Picture is actually of Matt Damon)

21 people like this

"Surreal" is a great word to describe this phenomenon. 

8 minutes ago, Gary. said:

Guys I just realized that he could be parodied on SNL 

Parodied?  He could be on SNL.

Could you imagine what this place would be like if he was still a member here?

5 people like this

17 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Parodied?  He could be on SNL.

Could you imagine what this place would be like if he was still a member here?

Talk about a missed opportunity. 

1 person likes this

FWIW, I'm on Team Un-ban Tank.  Not that this surreality "proved" anything to me, but it reminded me that I didn't like his ban.  For me, the math just doesn't add up now that the board's official policy is "no politics, gets too messy".  I know he had rants and who could forget the chicken(!), but I don't really remember him causing actual trouble outside of the politics thread.  If the board thinks that politics is so ugly that it turns otherwise decent people into raving lunatics, then it seems fair that a guy who just couldn't handle himself in the political threads could eventually be redeemed.  His ban made sense in the context of the board at the time; in the once-again politics-less boards... I don't think it does.  He obviously enjoyed his time here, and all of the talk about how it was "for his own good" or whatever seemed creepily pompous.

2 people like this

12 minutes ago, LMU said:

Whatever else happens, he got to talk to Alex Rodriguez and Frank Thomas.  Freakin' weird.  Good for him.

4 people like this

Low hanging fruit over his weight.  He was great on ESPN!  That was tremendous. 

Wow.  Tank just got to talk to ARod.  He actually seems pretty composed on these interview shows - he's handling all of this well (on camera at least.)

1.  Who the hell is Ricky Davis?

2.  ENOUGH WITH THE "they're a blue-collar team", or "they work 9-5", or "they bring their lunch to work in a pail".  WHAT THE HELL DOES THAT MEAN?  They are none of those things. None at all.  THey're wealthy beyond imagination, get manicures, have personal chefs prepare their lunches, and get driven to work by chauferres. 

Every fan thinks their team is the "blue collar team", and their city is a "blue collar city."  Enough.  Stop.  Your team isn't, and if you live in a NFL city, your city isn't.

IMG_2102.JPG

3 people like this

This is actually insane. I cannot even begin to explain it to other people.

2 people like this

1 hour ago, DDR said:

Wow, I expected mean comments on that feed, but there are some really, really mean comments.

They're mean, but damn are some of them funny as hell.  I couldn't stop laughing when someone said he's tiring himself out from just talking.  Or someone else's reply of "He's passionate about the Mets" with "He's passionate about chocolate cake, too.".  Or the "Bartolo Colon is hiding in him" line.

This isn't low-hanging fruit.  This fruit's laying on the ground.

1 person likes this