RyanMcD29

Tank in the news

647 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, BigBubba said:

Screen Shot 2017-04-25 at 1.58.57 PM.png

God help us and more importantly, God help that poor girl. She's clearly in need of a better partner than TheIrishPinata98. 

6 people like this

4 hours ago, nash61 said:

I survived 47 seconds... do I get a t-shirt?

That's 40 seconds longer than I was able to hang in. 

1 hour ago, dfwabel said:

Barstool has made a "Frankie Midnight" tee for sale.

FrankieMidnight16_1024x1024_zpskktiplro.

And the biggest size available is 3XL. Tank is too big to wear his own t-shirt. I think that's what the kids call ironical. 

19 people like this

Had he still been a member here, he probably would have left home 5-minutes later (because of posting) and missed the cameras, or would have been posting about the delay (from in phone) rather than going on a rampage.  The timeline would have been permanently altered.  So in a way, CCSLC (or at least the mods that banned him) created Frankie Midnight.

16 people like this

10 hours ago, OnWis97 said:

We'll see.  I suspect his employer/co-workers are following this.  If he crosses from surly/frustrated Mets fan to angry/politically divisive, or (worst) makes disrespectful generalizations about some group (race, LGBTQ, etc.), his primary source of income could vanish.

I know of Barstool, but I've never listened/read/followed etc (surprisingly, given its roots in Boston fandom). From what I know of it, it seems like a mini empire that expands on your standard sports shock jock program. And like most radio talk shows, there seems to be a correlation between loud boisterous behavior and conservative political views. Not sure why, but they seem to go hand in hand, especially in Boston.

So for someone like Tank, if Barstool fits this same genre, it's more likely he'd last until they get bored of him more than him spouting something crazy. Unless he pulls an Alex Jones and says hurtful things just for ratings. But he's not vindictive. He may not be very bright (in most of our eyes), but he's not vindictive or mean-spirited.

Look at his Twitter profile. He now has tens of thousands of followers. 5000+ shares on the most unimportant of tweets. People are drawn to him because his meltdown resonated with thousands of angry public transit riders. He's Joe Everyman.

3 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Had he still been a member here, he probably would have left home 5-minutes later (because of posting) and missed the cameras, or would have been posting about the delay (from in phone) rather than going on a rampage.  The timeline would have been permanently altered.  So in a way, CCSLC (or at least the mods that banned him) created Frankie Midnight.

I think I speak for all of us when I say:

200w.gif

7 people like this

6 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

6 people like this

10 hours ago, slapshot said:

Look at his Twitter profile. He now has tens of thousands of followers. 5000+ shares on the most unimportant of tweets. People are drawn to him because his meltdown resonated with thousands of angry public transit riders. He's Joe Everyman.

so it's just a matter of time until someone finds his insane political ramblings and he's exposed. 

I feel bad for him. It doesn't look like he's in on the joke at Barstool or if he is he's playing along with it because it's all he has and mockery is better than being invisible. I hope he's getting some money out of it. 

22 hours ago, dfwabel said:

Per Barstool's founder, Dave Portnoy from Saturday afternoon (w/ profanities edited by me):

http://www.barstoolsports.com/boston/i-still-cant-believe-frank-the-tank-exists-but-i-thank-my-lucky-stars-he-does/#getcomments

*-Note the Comments section is closed. They were savage.

Civility is dead.

FTL space travel can't get here fast enough.

2 people like this

1 hour ago, Ice_Cap said:

Civility is dead.

FTL space travel can't get here fast enough.

Spin up the drives.  

2 people like this

I have a sinking feeling that Barstool Sports and its readers are laughing at him, not laughing with him.

22 minutes ago, officeglenn said:

I have a sinking feeling that Barstool Sports and its readers are laughing at him, not laughing with him.

Hot take.

6 people like this

33 minutes ago, officeglenn said:

Took you three weeks, huh?

31 minutes ago, officeglenn said:

Ya think? B)

1 person likes this

Life imitating art:

(for those who aren't acquainted with him, PFTCommenter's entire persona is Tank, right down to the grammar and spelling, but done ironically)

1 person likes this

Bomani Jones has PFTCommenter on his radio show The Right Time at least once a week. It's basically the only segment of his show I absolutely do not like. 

9 hours ago, Waffles said:

giphy.gif

1 person likes this

14 hours ago, officeglenn said:

Of course they are. These readers are my age, and think a man like this is hilarious. It's not about the content, it's about the persona. The sad thing is, this persona is the real Tnak & these people are eating all of it up, making him feel like he accomplished something. But to be honest, he's the most gullible & naive person in the room. 

12 hours ago, Bucfan56 said:

Bomani Jones has PFTCommenter on his radio show The Right Time at least once a week. It's basically the only segment of his show I absolutely do not like. 

Yeah, I want to like those bits because I love the show and enjoy Bomani and PFTC individually, but it just comes off like an awkward, poorly-executed homage to Phil Hendrie.

1 person likes this