RyanMcD29

Tank in the news

553 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, infrared41 said:

"Electric daily content?" Seriously? 

This is what we in the biz call "puffing."

On 5/5/2017 at 3:46 PM, dfwabel said:

Shouldn't this be worn more to keep from chewing on shirt collars?

He started that video wearing a mask, speaking in a dramatic voice, and playing The Imperial March in the background. 

He ended that video wearing a mask, speaking in a dramatic voice, and playing The Imperial March in the background.

1 person likes this

22 hours ago, infrared41 said:

"Electric daily content?" Seriously? 

The only "electric daily content" coming from him is the reading on his blood glucose meter.

11 people like this

So here is the vlog in question.

His Star Wars puns are all so... forced.

1 person likes this

I'm still waiting for that ticking time bomb of a political rant from him. You know it's gonna happen.

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, wildwing64 said:

So here is the vlog in question.

His Star Wars puns are all so... forced.

And he's getting paid to do this? 

Not sure if that's the Darth Vader mask making that noise or Tank is getting himself winded between sentences.....

23 minutes ago, HedleyLamarr said:

Not sure if that's the Darth Vader mask making that noise or Tank is getting himself winded between sentences.....

Probably a little of both. 

1 person likes this

How about the fact that the rant is a month old but Tank has still been relevant? I would've thought he would have his 15 minutes of fame, we'd have our laugh because we know him, and he goes away from the spotlight. But so far, he's stayed in it and that's impressive whether you like him or not.

18 hours ago, Brass said:

I'm still waiting for that ticking time bomb of a political rant from him. You know it's gonna happen.

It'll happen, but they might just brush it off as part of his insane guy persona he has there. His twitter history is....not great. Borderline racist stuff on there. I'm not going to out him and end whatever he's getting from Barstool (I really hope he's getting paid), but someone will eventually find something. 

11 hours ago, McCarthy said:

It'll happen, but they might just brush it off as part of his insane guy persona he has there. His twitter history is....not great. Borderline racist stuff on there. I'm not going to out him and end whatever he's getting from Barstool (I really hope he's getting paid), but someone will eventually find something. 

So do I. That said, it's the easiest money he's ever made and possibly the worst money ever spent by a sports outlet. See exhibit A...

http://www.barstoolsports.com/newyork/whatever-happened-to-good-announcers/?_branch_match_id=390316949281358438

1 person likes this

14 hours ago, McCarthy said:

Why and how would that even hurt him and cause him to lose this weird gravy train he's been on lately? Look at the world today. Who out there has flown off the handle with some crazy racist and politically charged bull :censored: lately and has actually faced any type of real negative backlash? In fact, racism, homophobia, paranoia, and outright lunacy has, shocking and horrifyingly, been somewhat chic. It's this bazarro world version of the "In thing", but in this case that bizarro world is the reality we live in.  If anything, it will only gain him MORE of a following because He Tells It Like It Is or something insane like that. 

We live in a really weird, backwards, and totally :censored:ed up time, and I think it's mistake to underestimate that. 

5 people like this

18 hours ago, infrared41 said:

So do I. That said, it's the easiest money he's ever made and possibly the worst money ever spent by a sports outlet. See exhibit A...

http://www.barstoolsports.com/newyork/whatever-happened-to-good-announcers/?_branch_match_id=390316949281358438

I try not to be a grammar nazi, and I'm far from perfect. That being said, someone please teach this man to use a comma properly!

He never seems to use them where he should, and most of the places where he does, they're wholly unnecessary. It makes it really hard to follow his train of thought.

On second thought, nevermind. His writing style fits his speech fairly well. Ugh, I can think of a dozen amateur sports writers who could have made a worthwhile career out of the attention our once, and former, @NJTank has recieved.

5 minutes ago, BeerGuyJordan said:
18 hours ago, infrared41 said:

I try not to be a grammar nazi, and I'm far from perfect. That being said, someone please teach this man to use a comma properly!

God knows I make more than my share of grammatical mistakes, but I like to think my stuff is at least readable. There were so many run-on sentences in Tanks...ahem...column that I couldn't keep track of what he was trying to say. It's like he has some decent ideas, but he lacks any ability to coherently express them. 

2 people like this

16 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

It's like he has some decent ideas, but he lacks any ability to coherently express them. 

...or is it that he comes out with so many thoughts and ideas, that every once in a while he is statistically bound to come up with a good one?

3 people like this

47 minutes ago, marble21 said:

...or is it that he comes out with so many thoughts and ideas, that every once in a while he is statistically bound to come up with a good one?

A few years ago, I suggested to him that he desperately needed Dragon or some other "speech to text" software. That recommendation was just for his three to four sentence previews, not anything as lengthy as these Barstool pieces. But some Barstool commenters are making it clear his writing is awful.

1 hour ago, marble21 said:

Kinda like the 100 chimps with 100 typewriters thing?

giphy.gif 

3 people like this

1 hour ago, marble21 said:

Even a blind squirrel occasionally finds a nut...

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

On second thought, nevermind. His writing style fits his speech fairly well. Ugh, I can think of a dozen amateur sports writers who could have made a worthwhile career out of the attention our once, and former, @NJTank has recieved.

They should throw hissy fits in public then.  Lest we forget that Tank's fame was born acting like a petulant baby in front of a camera.  

5 hours ago, infrared41 said:

Kinda like the 100 chimps with 100 typewriters thing?

giphy.gif 

GTOV Sleeper Pick for 2018

4 people like this