I'M THE MAN!

I FEAR!

NO MAN!

AND I FEEL!

NO PAIN!

gifs_para_tumblr-133.gif

DDR    1,000

From that Reddit thread:

"Seen and spoken to this guy a game before. I think there is something off with him, every time he would say something he would either bite his shirt, jacket, or lanyard around his next and get angrier and angrier with each statement. No questioning his passion though, he was carrying every ticket in his wallet from the previous season. Hope he actually made it."

maz    133

I saw this enraged Mets fan, and I thought, "man, he really loves his Mets. Like... A lot." Then I saw his name was Frank, and it didn't register at first... Then it hit me. I recognized this man. His appearance, his love of the Mets, his angry ranting. This viral video literally brought me back to this site for the first time in years just to see if it was indeed Tank. And here I find he was banned at some point? Man, I need to catch up on my CCSLC history. It's been too long.

And what a dubious way for a member here to get exposure.

Cujo    2,468
59 minutes ago, DDR said:

"Seen and spoken to this guy a game before. I think there is something off with him

Mic drop.

P.S. this topic needs it's very own got dam thread.

CS85    5,406

It's SO FRIGGIN WEIRD to see a guy we knew was a nutjob at this site suddenly sharted into the public eye via internet buffoonery.  

I'm somewhat worried for him, however.  He couldn't deal with our criticism; how is he going to deal with the internet's mockery?

LMU    3,138
29 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Mic drop.

P.S. this topic needs it's very own got dam thread.

Consider it got dam dun.

infrared41    3,724
11 minutes ago, CS85 said:

It's SO FRIGGIN WEIRD to see a guy we knew was a nutjob at this site suddenly sharted into the public eye via internet buffoonery.  

I'm somewhat worried for him, however.  He couldn't deal with our criticism; how is he going to deal with the internet's mockery?

I talked with Tank on Facebook for a while last night. He seems to be doing fine. When I asked him how he felt about his newfound notoriety, he said "it felt strange...at first." Honestly, I don't think it's bothering him at all. It pains me to say it because I genuinely like the guy and I wish it weren't like this for him, but he's used to "mockery." It's nothing new for him. Not to mention, with the news cycle being what it is, I'm sure everyone outside these here boards will have moved on by tomorrow. 

OnWis97    2,309
3 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

I talked with Tank on Facebook for a while last night. He seems to be doing fine. When I asked him how he felt about his newfound notoriety, he said "it felt strange...at first." Honestly, I don't think it's bothering him at all. It pains me to say it because I genuinely like the guy and I wish it weren't like this for him, but he's used to "mockery." It's nothing new for him. Not to mention, with the news cycle being what it is, I'm sure everyone outside these here boards will have moved on by tomorrow. 

That's true.  I'd guess if he goes to a game in May he hears nothing about this.

LMU    3,138

If he's lucky he can spin this into Ken Bone fame.

McCarthy    6,886
38 minutes ago, CS85 said:

It was such a weird moment for me because the first time I saw it the video was retweeted into my timeline by a baseball writer, someone I assume doesn't post here. I got to have that moment of discovery. It was surreal. 

and yet at the same time it's not at all surprising, right? Like if anyone from here was going to go viral for losing their :censored: on the local news it would've been him. 

I know his politics are the worst and he's got his issues, but I worry about him too. He hasn't had an easy life, the Devils suck, and the Mets are the one thing he has. He was probably counting down the days to opening day and legitimately thought he was going to miss the game because of the trains and for a guy who doesn't have a lot going for him the idea that something was going to keep him from the game was enough to throw him off the edge. I hope it doesn't become something where he's harassed in public. I doubt it will, but he's kind of the prototype for internet mockery.

I did giggle when he said "my game" like he was going to hit cleanup. Also the timing of the edit in the news piece made me laugh as if to say "here's a lunatic ranting about missing the Mets game...and here's some grownups taking being late to work in understanding stride" 

dfwabel    1,056
4 hours ago, LMU said:

If he's lucky he can spin this into Ken Bone fame.

Ken Bone's lurid comment trail was on reddit.

Tank's would likely lead the media here (or even worse for them, the SportsEcyclopedia*).

*-As Busted Coverage found out.

Bonus: Frank’s on Twitter and….he’s sorta a blogger. Frank’s blog is pretty hard to figure out, but it’s updated so Frank’s not just sitting around telling people he’s a blogger without putting in work. This guy actually cares about the business. I respect that.

Edited by dfwabel
Added BC link

bosox    0

Oh my god. I never thought I would see the day. This is glorious.

Had to comeback for this one.