RyanMcD29

Tank in the news

653 posts in this topic

Joining the chorus of long lost posters... Saw this on the web 10 minutes ago and knew immediately it was our old comrade. Reminded me of seeing a starting goalie in the Frozen Four I recognized from here, just a lot more bizarro given the circumstances and, of course, the man involved.

 

Good to see a lot of familiar names here -- hope all is well with everyone. Especially Frank.

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't see it until I looked at Deadspin this morning.

 

I hope he's able to milk every bit of fame and money he can get out of it, but I hope even more that he gets help with his anger problems.

 

You're in public. I don't care what happened, it is not okay to act like that.

 

If the online reaction to that video isn't enough of a kick in the ass to say you need to reexamine your outlook and attitude on life, nothing will ever be.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, pmoehrin said:

I didn't see it until I looked at Deadspin this morning.

 

I hope he's able to milk every bit of fame and money he can get out of it, but I hope even more that he gets help with his anger problems.

 

You're in public. I don't care what happened, it is not okay to act like that.

 

If the online reaction to that video isn't enough of a kick in the ass to say you need to reexamine your outlook and attitude on life, nothing will ever be.

 

If gettingg banned from an internet message board isn't a kick in the ass to reexamine your outlook, then nothing is. 

7 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

 

If gettingg banned from an internet message board isn't a kick in the ass to reexamine your outlook, then nothing is. 

 

Probably true as well.

 

Its a shame because his sports mind is pretty much on par with anyone I've ever met. But instead of that being the focus we're talking about this stuff because he can't get out of his own way.

 

What a waste.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also vote to reinstate Tank, especially with our new, improved hard line on politics.

 

I know we're not actually taking a vote, but putting it out there anyway.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's pointless to reinstate him, as he'll just resume being a blithering anarchist clown show come the congressional elections or whenever some huge Trump fallout/idiotic policy gets enacted.  

7 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

I also vote to reinstate Tank, especially with our new, improved hard line on politics.

 

I know we're not actually taking a vote, but putting it out there anyway.

 

 

Just my two cents....but should we truly consider rewarding someone who is banned with reinstatement for essentially throwing a temper tantrum that happened to be in public?  Seems counterproductive to me.

8 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, LuvTheNats said:

should we truly consider rewarding someone who is banned with reinstatement for essentially throwing a temper tantrum that happened to be in public?

 

Repeat to yourself it's just a show, you should really just relax

7 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've always had a soft spot for the guy. I don't know why. I'm sure I couldn't stand him IRL. On this site he was a unique voice. I miss it (the meltdowns excepted).

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally, I think reinstating Tank would be a mistake. But in the case it happens, I'll start the pool of how long it takes him to get banned again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

I've always had a soft spot for the guy. I don't know why. I'm sure I couldn't stand him IRL. On this site he was a unique voice. I miss it (the meltdowns excepted).

 

Let's face it: meltdowns are all he really contributed.

8 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't posted here in like seven years, and I had to come back and see your reactions.  Y'all didn't let me down.  Thanks, fam.

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dont care said:

Tank should be reinstated just because of all the old timers he's brought back

 

I see that as a reason to ban him again. B)

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Mockba said:

 

Let's face it: meltdowns are all he really contributed.

 

He tried to contribute via a shoddily-constructed sports history page, but honestly he pored over it tirelessly only to receive very little in the way of feedback, because that's all he has.  There was only ever really sympathetic, "be nice to the dumb one" factions that kept his stuff afloat.  Otherwise the only value he offered was the inevitable countdown toward his next red-spattered political meltdown, occasionally peppered with racist twitter "hacks."

 

6 minutes ago, BB61 said:

I haven't posted here in like seven years, and I had to come back and see your reactions.  Y'all didn't let me down.  Thanks, fam.

 

Ok?  You're welcome?

Edited by Atomic
Removed inappropriate comments
2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mockba said:

 

Let's face it: meltdowns are all he really contributed.

 

Correct. 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, BB61 said:

I haven't posted here in like seven years, and I had to come back and see your reactions.  Y'all didn't let me down.  Thanks, fam.

 

Who the hell are you?

 

:upside:

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, the admiral said:

 

Repeat to yourself it's just a show

 

And what a show it is...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IMG_3954.thumb.PNG.24f9f446ba0754e6768b77e9bdc7dd72.PNG

 

Tanker made it to Canada.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Mockba said:

 

Who the hell are you?

 

:upside:

tumblr_mqhmm3F7FA1s8scfko1_500.gif

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, BB61 said:

I haven't posted here in like seven years, and I had to come back and see your reactions.  Y'all didn't let me down.  Thanks, fam.

Well well well! Who's the new guy? ^_^

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now