RyanMcD29

Tank in the news

653 posts in this topic

What will you do when the first Tank costume comes knocking at your door on Halloween?

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, CubsFanBudMan said:

What will you do when the first Tank costume comes knocking at your door on Halloween?

Well, since they will be buying the components of the costume in 2017, people on this board will say "sorry kid, but the real Tank's hat doesn't have a new era logo."

8 people like this

170403-mets-fan-embed.jpg?quality=90&str

Is that a bottle of mouthwash or lube by his dresser?  Also is that black Mets thing behind him a curtain or just a sheaf of Mets wrapping paper he scotch-taped to the wall?

14 minutes ago, CS85 said:

170403-mets-fan-embed.jpg?quality=90&str

Is that a bottle of mouthwash or lube by his dresser?  Also is that black Mets thing behind him a curtain or just a sheaf of Mets wrapping paper he scotch-taped to the wall?

Well now......this is nightmare fuel.

17 minutes ago, CS85 said:

And the end begins. B)

Is he physically unable to smile or something? Jesus, that cold, dead look on his face.

4 minutes ago, burgundy said:

Is he physically unable to smile or something? Jesus, that cold, dead look on his face.

Y’know, the thing about a Tank, he’s got lifeless eyes, black eyes, like a doll’s eyes. When he comes after ya, he doesn’t seem to be livin’ until he bites ya.

quint.jpg

2 people like this

11 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

And the end begins. B)

And yeah, I'm not...I don't feel good or proud or whatnot of posting that pic (it's from the New York Post's feature on him), and I don't want to rag on him for his weight or anything obvious and shallow.  But I mean it's like the Magic posting the picture of the guy from the other day where their whiteboard laid out their offseason plans.  If you're going to submit a photograph of yourself, you gotta be careful of what's in the background.  

knoMSjA.jpg

it is so bizarre the rest of the internet is discovering this character I've known for over a decade. 

26 people like this

I still cannot wrap my head around the fact that Tnak is a viral superstar right now. I doubt I ever will, to be honest.

3 people like this

He had accept the Murdoch-owned NY Post first so he could mix in his political takes.

13 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

it is so bizarre the rest of the internet is discovering this character I've known for over a decade. 

Does this make us all Tnak hipsters?

"His earlier unhinged rants were much better, before he became mainstream."

23 people like this

51 minutes ago, CS85 said:

And yeah, I'm not...I don't feel good or proud or whatnot of posting that pic (it's from the New York Post's feature on him), and I don't want to rag on him for his weight or anything obvious and shallow.  But I mean it's like the Magic posting the picture of the guy from the other day where their whiteboard laid out their offseason plans.  If you're going to submit a photograph of yourself, you gotta be careful of what's in the background.  

That bottle wasn't going to go unnoticed. Also, someone on Barstool Sports who used to be a member here outed* Tank's CCSLC meltdowns and suicide threats. I'm beginning to think that if this thing doesn't end quickly, it may end badly for Tank. Some reporter is going to follow the trail and end up here. This thing could quickly go from "Irate Mets Fan" to "Irate Mets Fan has a History of Mental Issues and Irrational Outbursts." 

*He also linked to these here boards so get ready for an influx of idiots. 

The thing that gets me is he knew people were coming to his house (and his bedroom!) He could have dusted.

I read a bit of the Reddit thread yesterday and what was really cool was people calling out his hard work and dedication to the Sports Ecylopedia. I've long said it's impressive body of work (Tank hipsterism), and even though it took him melting down in public to get his website noticed, it got noticed.

The world will likely move on by the end of the week, but I do fully expect Tank to become a fixture at Citi Field -- "hey! it's crazy Mets guy! Let's get a pic!"  And then in seven years Tank joins Virgil at random baseball card shows posing for $5 Polaroids with a laminated copy of the Daily News in front of him.

2 people like this

14 hours ago, Waffles said:

One day, we'll be telling our grandkids we knew the eventual 47th President of the United States before he did his first pain reliever commercial.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/mets/mets-fan-angry-nj-transit-car-tix-friday-game-article-1.3019421

Like I said in a thread that doesn't exist, the brands: they're so good. Let's hear it for the brands!

34 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

That bottle wasn't going to go unnoticed. Also, someone on Barstool Sports who used to be a member here outed* Tank's CCSLC meltdowns and suicide threats. I'm beginning to think that if this thing doesn't end quickly, it may end badly for Tank. Some reporter is going to follow the trail and end up here. This thing could quickly go from "Irate Mets Fan" to "Irate Mets Fan has a History of Mental Issues and Irrational Outbursts." 

*He also linked to these here boards so get ready for an influx of idiots. 

This is the crux.  At some point, his insanity and bizarre political/potentially racist past was going to be exposed to the light of day.  That's a genuine concern that suddenly his utterly bizarre internet celebrity will be similar to Ken Bone - somebody's gonna do the legwork and realize details X, Y, and Z about the guy, and he'll be unfairly exposed for things far beyond just being a goofus.

1 person likes this

Add the Dan Patrick show to the list of programs that featured this in their "Johnny-O Moment of the Week".

51 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

My thoughts exactly.

I need to try to explain all this to someone, but nobody outside of here will fully get it.

1 person likes this