Fanatics has purchased VF's Licensed Sports Group (Majestic)

JayMac

I wonder what this will mean for them in the future. Obviously, we can expect some Majestic-branded NHL apparel. I wonder how much, if anything, it will extend to other leagues Fanatics has a deal with.

3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

50 minutes ago, jmac11281 said:

I know that the big 2 are MLB and NHL as far as Majestic apparel. I'm not sure if this gets Fanatics in the door to the other big leagues.

Fanatics sells its own branded apparel for every league, even NASCAR. 

All baseball jerseys will continue to be produced at the current factory, even after UA takes over in 2020.  http://www.mcall.com/business/manufacturing/mc-majestic-mlb-uniform-provider-bought-20170404-story.html

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Has anyone purchased any Fanatics branded hats or t-shirts?  If I see a design I like, I'd be willing to give it a try but I'm always concerned about how the stuff fits.  So far, it's been pretty hard finding any of those products that have been reviewed on the website so there hasn't been much feedback yet. However, the few I have found suggest the Fanatics branded t-shirts run small so going up a size is probably a good idea. 

9 minutes ago, mjd77 said:

Has anyone purchased any Fanatics branded hats or t-shirts?  If I see a design I like, I'd be willing to give it a try but I'm always concerned about how the stuff fits.  So far, it's been pretty hard finding any of those products that have been reviewed on the website so there hasn't been much feedback yet. However, the few I have found suggest the Fanatics branded t-shirts run small so going up a size is probably a good idea. 

I bought a few Fanatics shirts (for good/clever design).  Do go a size up.  If you want the premium quality, then pay UA/Nike, but if you need decent shirt for a few bucks less, buy a Fanatics shirt.  Quality is A-/B+.    

I noticed Fanatics really expanded their Cooperstown Collection merchandise, with mixed results. A lot more older MLB logos are on shirts, though the accuracy looks to be off on some...definitely doesn't look like they consulted with CCSLC.

14 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

I bought a few Fanatics shirts (for good/clever design).  Do go a size up.  If you want the premium quality, then pay UA/Nike, but if you need decent shirt for a few bucks less, buy a Fanatics shirt.  Quality is A-/B+.    

I noticed Fanatics really expanded their Cooperstown Collection merchandise, with mixed results. A lot more older MLB logos are on shirts, though the accuracy looks to be off on some...definitely doesn't look like they consulted with CCSLC.

Nike needs to consult the CSCC too...as these D-Rays logos were never used together...

ff_2499743_full.jpg&w=600

12 hours ago, Gothamite said:

That's not necessarily a mistake, though - vendors have been mixing and matching eras almost as long as there has been Cooperstown Collection merchandise. 

Tell me about it.  Jackie Robinson never wore a jersey like this (home with Brooklyn instead of Dodgers on it).  Neither did the rest of the team.  Yet it's sold as a Cooperstown Collection piece.

IMG_3507.JPG

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

5 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

So does this announcement actually change anything? Seems like it doesn't. Seems like more of a behind the scenes transaction. 

What im hoping this means.

When UA takes over the MLB contract, fanatics will make the replicas. This much is fact.

I hope, with this deal, that the replicas wont change at all, and still continue to be made by Majestic, under the fanatics branding.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

On 4/4/2017 at 1:33 PM, AstroBull21 said:

Nike needs to consult the CSCC too...as these D-Rays logos were never used together...

ff_2499743_full.jpg&w=600

I saw that shirt at a store the other day and just laughed.

3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

• 1 month later...
On April 6, 2017 at 7:38 AM, SilverBullet1929 said:

So does this announcement actually change anything? Seems like it doesn't. Seems like more of a behind the scenes transaction. 

Yes a lot of people in Wisconsin lost jobs because of it.

27 minutes ago, Wyndtlk said:

Yes a lot of people in Wisconsin lost jobs because of it.

What were their jobs in Wisconsin?

On 4/4/2017 at 10:03 AM, mjd77 said:

I wonder about the fit on the hats too. I have 3 fanatics t-shirt. Blackhawks looks/feels great. Maple Leafs logo is slightly crooked, Oilers I got free b/c it came w/ a warning saying grey shadow(square around the logo like a bush league print shop.) will come out in the wash, I had to scrub w/ oxyclean so hard it wore a hole plus the orange bled through the logo in the 2nd wash. All bought on fanatics.com. I'm a zephyr hat guy, I've been waiting forever for a new logo Maple Leafs zephyr or reebok or fanatics hat flex or fitted, they don't have any.

3 minutes ago, Fresno St. Alum said:

I wonder about the fit on the hats too. I have 3 fanatics t-shirt. Blackhawks looks/feels great. Maple Leafs logo is slightly crooked, Oilers I got free b/c it came w/ a warning saying grey shadow(square around the logo like a bush league print shop.) will come out in the wash, I had to scrub w/ oxyclean so hard it wore a hole plus the orange bled through the logo in the 2nd wash. All bought on fanatics.com. I'm a zephyr hat guy, I've been waiting forever for a new logo Maple Leafs zephyr or reebok or fanatics hat flex or fitted, they don't have any.

Good luck finding Reebok...I just got a nice relaxed adjustable Lightning Reebok hat fro Lids.com if that's an option for you.

4 minutes ago, AstroBull21 said:

Good luck finding Reebok...I just got a nice relaxed adjustable Lightning Reebok hat fro Lids.com if that's an option for you.

I prefer zephyr and found a reebok on ebay but then he said they were all defective, yet still has them for sale. I guess he didn't want to ship to US from Toronto. I'd take a fanatics if I knew the sizing chart. M/L or 7 1/8 to 7 1/4 in zeph, tow. S/M in reebok/new era, 7 to 7 1/8 in new era.

Why does fanatics restock the old logo zephyr hats for Toronto, but not even stock the new ones. I saw 1 6 7/8 in Jan, nothing since. 

Archived