Miami Marlins & Minnesota Twins

MJD7

Hey everyone,

I know I haven't been able to be on this site as much recently, but school's caught up to me and I haven't had much time to make concepts. Nevertheless, I still wanted to just post these two quick touch-ups that didn't really fit anywhere else and see what you all think!

Miami Marlins

Logos

58e6c07b6130e_MiamiMarlinsLogos.thumb.png.bcf2db2ad49cf59c53656b635a6fcbd6.png

-This is more of a revert to the Marlins' actual look than was in my tweak series, but I personally love the way the border of the 'M' looks in three colors. I just tried to make an effort to simplify and streamline its use a little bit across the board.

-I decided to use the old teal from their time as the Florida Marlins to further distinguish from the Mets and the rest of baseball.

-I tried to incorporate the tri-color outline into all of the letters for more consistency, as well as to allow this set to be a truly unique look. 

-For now, no 'Marlins' wordmark just because I don't think it would look as good with the tri-color border.

Uniforms

58e6c1a6b66a0_MiamiMarlinsHome.thumb.png.97d6776ca09aa1d264f8d6644989aadc.png58e6c1c0b3d5b_MiamiMarlinsAway.thumb.png.ccf86fe81a832ca55fdc3f40fe12fcae.png58e6c1cea8382_MiamiMarlinsAlternate1.thumb.png.209ce3a1eaf32314f0ef0714b842fd23.png58e6c1db45e65_MiamiMarlinsAlternate2.thumb.png.12c25d2f7be1d92e7ad18117f348e97f.png58e6c1ec9c256_MiamiMarlinsAlternate3.thumb.png.b0d887596d547ed3c7905cc618f6565d.png

-The uniforms stay pretty similar to my tweak concept, but black is added to the middle of the piping of all the uniforms.

-I also adjusted the number font because I found one that pretty perfectly matches the 'Miami' font. I used the same formula for the tri-color as is used in the wordmarks: yellow on the top, orange on the sides, and teal on the bottom.

-I'm not too big a fan of how the away works into this set, so I'd personally imagine they just rotate between the alternates while on the road. I also made a dark gray uniform if you guys wanna see that.

-Here is a better look at all the possible combinations:

Combinations.thumb.png.0d9563cb280949223d3a0ac5dfac5134.png

Minnesota Twins

Logos

58e6c45273772_MinnesotaTwinsLogos.thumb.png.4b694a0e4c6b704095e2b2f429b1b556.png

-I had to admit to myself that if I'm still unsure whether or not I like the Twins uniforms after three seasons, then they probably don't currently have the best design.

-I wanted to try to find a way to incorporate the dropshadows and the tan/gold and make it all work, but for this I'm settling with not using the dropshadows and utilizing an off-white/cream.

-The primary now has a red border, and the T of both TC caps is now cream instead of there being an outline.

Uniforms

58e6c53d16e1f_MinnesotaTwinsHome.thumb.png.a5186436092dee928913a457dc58f883.png58e6c54918183_MinnesotaTwinsAway.thumb.png.5538525c1376b4621f2ad891a8fab375.png58e6c5fa2b03f_MinnesotaTwinsHomeAlternate.thumb.png.a66702da9515c6106fa2b206a6d10e35.png58e6c61e9f921_MinnesotaTwinsAlternate2.thumb.png.12f4fcacbf292599192011945392912a.png

-I decided to go full off-white for the home, as I've realized how great the 60's throwback looks and how well it fits with Target Field.

-The red alternate is now bordered with off-white, and the navy alternate has off-white as the color of the letters & numbers.

-This set, like the Marlins, leaves me unsure with what to do with the regular road, as I feel the gray doesn't work well with the rest of the set. Maybe you all can help with some recommendations.

Thanks everybody for looking, and I'd love to hear what you all think!

Nice updates! 

I really like the use of cream in place of white for the Twins. It gives them a nice vintage look. 

The Marlins also look great, though I wish you could find a way to make the "Marlins" wordmark work. What font did you use for the numbers?

I really like that road Minnesota wordmark, but the underline should be extended just a little bit more, as it should start and end on the outer edges of the bases of i and the t.  It looks like the kerning and arcing is a little bit off on the second n.  The cream is nice too.

I like the Marlins, though it seems like the yellow is just fighting with all of the other colors for attention.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 4/6/2017 at 7:15 PM, coco1997 said:

Nice updates! 

I really like the use of cream in place of white for the Twins. It gives them a nice vintage look. 

The Marlins also look great, though I wish you could find a way to make the "Marlins" wordmark work. What font did you use for the numbers?

Thanks. I was definitely going for more vintage with the Twins.

The font I used for the Marlins is called Litera-Heavy, which was a pretty perfect match.

4 hours ago, WSU151 said:

I really like that road Minnesota wordmark, but the underline should be extended just a little bit more, as it should start and end on the outer edges of the bases of i and the t.  It looks like the kerning and arcing is a little bit off on the second n.  The cream is nice too.

I like the Marlins, though it seems like the yellow is just fighting with all of the other colors for attention.

I see what you're saying. I'll see what I can do to work those things out.

Anyone else have anything on these two teams?

As a Twins fan I'm partial to the red wordmark/numbers on the home uniforms. (Also loved the pinstripes but those aren't as big of a deal to me)  Does the red not work with the cream jersey or did you go with the blue because that's what they are currently using? 

13 hours ago, lbj273 said:

As a Twins fan I'm partial to the red wordmark/numbers on the home uniforms. (Also loved the pinstripes but those aren't as big of a deal to me)  Does the red not work with the cream jersey or did you go with the blue because that's what they are currently using? 

I'm a Twins fan too, and I love the red wordmark (especially on the early 80's script uniforms) but I personally always thought of the red as being very much a part of the Metrodome. To me, when the Twins wore the pinstriped uniforms in the first few years at Target Field I just thought they looked out of place.

So I just went with navy because it reminded me more of the Metropolitan days. I'm sure red would look fine too, I could show you what that looks like if you'd want!

Archived