(NHL Playoffs) Rite of Spring 2017: can't go on, no, I'll go on

The_Admiral

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4 hours ago, mcj882000 said:

Of all the ways to lose a game, a powerplay goal that deflected off one of your own players has got to be one of the worst. :(

After a potential go-ahead goal was waived off no less.  The better team did not win tonight.  On the bright side, I won an authentic Ferland jersey at the bar we attended.  Hopefully, we have better luck at the Saddledome.  Can't be any worse than tonight.

Props to the Leafs. They were the better team overall in G2. I'm quite worried actually headin into Games 3 and 4; it's not out of the question the Leafs could take these two in Toronto and win this series. The Caps looked flat, sloppy, undisciplined, and overall disappointing. But, I guess that's what we've come to expect. 

But seriously, when did Freddy Anderson get this good?

spacer.png

4 hours ago, Crabcake47 said:

Props to the Leafs. They were the better team overall in G2. I'm quite worried actually headin into Games 3 and 4; it's not out of the question the Leafs could take these two in Toronto and win this series. The Caps looked flat, sloppy, undisciplined, and overall disappointing. But, I guess that's what we've come to expect. 

But seriously, when did Freddy Anderson get this good?

Count me as a doubter after all the minutes he logged during the season, as never before in his career, + the injury last week.

Having said that, both games into OT, both sides looked dopey while both he & Holtby were the designated drivers sober & ready for nearly everything.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

1 minute ago, Morgo said:

Well, thanks for being here Minnesota

Right? They've been given every opportunity to win these games and just can't get it done. I'm not a Wild or Blues fan but this series has been frustrating to watch.

73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

29, 30, 31, 36, 39, 44, 61, 62, 65, 66, 67, 96, 10

On 4/15/2017 at 2:15 PM, chcarlson23 said:

If Minny loses tomorrow, then the Blues will finish the sweep on Wednesday... This is why Minnesota can't have nice things. A good team runs into a really hot goalie...

Oh and then the Blues will get curbstomped by the Hawks because the Hawks magically seem to put the puck in the net, and sports are no fun... 

Comments like this :rolleyes:

Hawks have to score a goal against Nashville first to even hope to do anything to the Blues.

Allen is playing on a whole other level of hockey!

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

17 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

Well I'll give Wild fans this. They were probably right about Bruce not choking in a game seven. 

But will they stop blaming Yeo for the last few years?

This core has achieved mediocrity, its ceiling.  I really hope they can blow it up and start a 10-year plan.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

1 minute ago, OnWis97 said:

But will they stop blaming Yeo for the last few years?

This core has achieved mediocrity, its ceiling.  I really hope they can blow it up and start a 10-year plan.

They really need to do that. They're quickly approaching San Jose Sharks territory.

This new bracket system is an absolute joke.  There is zero reason why the Penguins and Jackets should be meeting in first round.  I guess that's end of the Jackets season.  That 16 game streak sure feels like a long time ago...

Archived