(NHL Playoffs) Rite of Spring 2017: can't go on, no, I'll go on

The_Admiral

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, McCarthy said:

Half the series are 3-0. This is really fun, you guys. If I wanted to the watch the NBA playoffs I'd watch the NBA playoffs. 

That criticism doesn't feel quite apt when one of the 3-0 leaders was a fairly big underdog.

53 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

And all of the Blues players who are managing to score.

Blackhawk and Shark thoughts: Oh, you need goals to win games don't you?

73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

29, 30, 31, 36, 39, 44, 61, 62, 65, 66, 67, 96, 10

1 hour ago, Ice_Cap said:

And all of the Blues players who are managing to score.

Right... I forgot that almost no one scores in the NHL... The Blackhawks didn't score for their first two games, so the Blues must be really something special!!!!!! 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

Lots of salty fans in this thread... idk guys, i think i might just have the best claim to the award of Saltiest NHL PLayoff Fan.  Down 2-1 to an 8 seed in the first round for our 3rd straight "year", scoring 3 goals in every game this series yet losing 2 games, and having to excruciatingly watch another mental collapse in a team that's capable of a lot better...

(honestly at this point i wouldn't even call it saltiness on my part, just this dull sense of dread, hoping for the inevitable to not happen)

spacer.png

10 minutes ago, Crabcake47 said:

Lots of salty fans in this thread... idk guys, i think i might just have the best claim to the award of Saltiest NHL PLayoff Fan.  Down 2-1 to an 8 seed in the first round for our 3rd straight "year", scoring 3 goals in every game this series yet losing 2 games, and having to excruciatingly watch another mental collapse in a team that's capable of a lot better...

(honestly at this point i wouldn't even call it saltiness on my part, just this dull sense of dread, hoping for the inevitable to not happen)

I know how it feels. I've been there before. Eventually you just become numb inside...like a stripper - no soul.....

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

WHAT!?!

A GOALIE is STEALING a playoff series!?! Alert the authorities! Signal the Ministry of Magic! Shoot a flare for the Justice League! 

This is has never happened before! Not once ever! No team has EVER ridden a hot goalie to a playoff series victory! It's preposterous! There must be some dark magic afoot indeed!

Burn Jake Allen! Burn the witch!

:rolleyes:

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

42 minutes ago, Still MIGHTY said:

WHAT!?!

A GOALIE is STEALING a playoff series!?! Alert the authorities! Signal the Ministry of Magic! Shoot a flare for the Justice League! 

This is has never happened before! Not once ever! No team has EVER ridden a hot goalie to a playoff series victory! It's preposterous! There must be some dark magic afoot indeed!

Burn Jake Allen! Burn the witch!

:rolleyes:

WHAT???? I thought that the Blues skaters were stealing it??? @Ice_Cap Can you explain??? 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

I mean, it took 15 whole seconds Sharks? I guess it's still an improvement....

Capture64.PNG

Stop the Drilling! Stop the Oil!

73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

29, 30, 31, 36, 39, 44, 61, 62, 65, 66, 67, 96, 10

1 hour ago, FGM13 said:

Refs in MTL/NYR seem to have forgotten that hitting from behind is a penalty.

As an aside, and I guess it's because I don't really care for either team, but by far, this Rangers/Canadiens series is the series I'm least excited about.

Archived