the admiral

(NHL Playoffs) Rite of Spring 2017: can't go on, no, I'll go on

700 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, Still MIGHTY said:

You're joking right? The Ducks had zero power plays in that game. Calgary had three in the first 8 minutes. Calgary played 61:30 of playoff hockey and committed zero penalties? Please.

---

That was satisfying.

One more. Close this nonsense out.

My statement is in the sense of ratings. Two fairly well known and popular teams in the finals would be the NHL's wet dream

6 minutes ago, worcat said:

My statement is in the sense of ratings. Two fairly well known and popular teams in the finals would be the NHL's wet dream

Not to throw shade at the good people of Anaheim, but the Ducks/Sens Finals drew one of the lowest ratings in years. Before or since. So the NHL won't be helping the Ducks out in a ploy to spike ratings.

49 minutes ago, chcarlson23 said:

I don't think I've ever seen or even heard of another team outplaying the opponent in almost every way, and be down 3-0 in the series... 

I haven't watched the entire series so far, but it doesn't look like Minnesota is clearly the better team from what I have seen.

People warned you about Bruce in the playoffs.

People warned you the Wild looked bad down the stretch.

Don't say you didn't have time to prepare yourself.

42 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

Not to throw shade at the good people of Anaheim, but the Ducks/Sens Finals drew one of the lowest ratings in years. Before or since. So the NHL won't be helping the Ducks out in a ploy to spike ratings.

I haven't watched the entire series so far, but it doesn't look like Minnesota is clearly the better team from what I have seen.

People warned you about Bruce in the playoffs.

People warned you the Wild looked bad down the stretch.

Don't say you didn't have time to prepare yourself.

None of this is a Boudreau Curse, or anything like that... It's Jake Allen, and the Dead Puck Blues... The Wild have out shot the Blues considerably, have one a majority of the faceoffs, and have pretty much dominated puck possession (No this isn't one of those Carolina Hurricanes are better cause analytics things...). The whole series is being determined by Jake Allen... 

The Wild have out shot the Blues 117-79 in the series, are out attempting the Blues 228-142, have won 133 FO compared to 89 for the Blues for a 59.9 FOW% for Minnesota while only a 40.1 FOW% for the Blues... It's literally Jake Allen that's winning this series. 

And the Blues scoring more goals but never mind that. Jake Allen is all the excuse you need.

2 people like this

11 hours ago, McCarthy said:

Half the series are 3-0. This is really fun, you guys. If I wanted to the watch the NBA playoffs I'd watch the NBA playoffs. 

That criticism doesn't feel quite apt when one of the 3-0 leaders was a fairly big underdog.

3 people like this

33 minutes ago, chcarlson23 said:

It's literally Jake Allen that's winning this series.

And all of the Blues players who are managing to score.

4 people like this

53 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

Blackhawk and Shark thoughts: Oh, you need goals to win games don't you?

2 people like this

1 hour ago, Ice_Cap said:

Right... I forgot that almost no one scores in the NHL... The Blackhawks didn't score for their first two games, so the Blues must be really something special!!!!!! 

You need a snickers bar buddy?

1 person likes this

Lots of salty fans in this thread... idk guys, i think i might just have the best claim to the award of Saltiest NHL PLayoff Fan.  Down 2-1 to an 8 seed in the first round for our 3rd straight "year", scoring 3 goals in every game this series yet losing 2 games, and having to excruciatingly watch another mental collapse in a team that's capable of a lot better...

(honestly at this point i wouldn't even call it saltiness on my part, just this dull sense of dread, hoping for the inevitable to not happen)

10 minutes ago, Crabcake47 said:

Lots of salty fans in this thread... idk guys, i think i might just have the best claim to the award of Saltiest NHL PLayoff Fan.  Down 2-1 to an 8 seed in the first round for our 3rd straight "year", scoring 3 goals in every game this series yet losing 2 games, and having to excruciatingly watch another mental collapse in a team that's capable of a lot better...

(honestly at this point i wouldn't even call it saltiness on my part, just this dull sense of dread, hoping for the inevitable to not happen)

I know how it feels. I've been there before. Eventually you just become numb inside...like a stripper - no soul.....

Refs in MTL/NYR seem to have forgotten that hitting from behind is a penalty.

WHAT!?!

A GOALIE is STEALING a playoff series!?! Alert the authorities! Signal the Ministry of Magic! Shoot a flare for the Justice League! 

This is has never happened before! Not once ever! No team has EVER ridden a hot goalie to a playoff series victory! It's preposterous! There must be some dark magic afoot indeed!

Burn Jake Allen! Burn the witch!

:rolleyes:

7 people like this

42 minutes ago, Still MIGHTY said:

WHAT!?!

A GOALIE is STEALING a playoff series!?! Alert the authorities! Signal the Ministry of Magic! Shoot a flare for the Justice League! 

This is has never happened before! Not once ever! No team has EVER ridden a hot goalie to a playoff series victory! It's preposterous! There must be some dark magic afoot indeed!

Burn Jake Allen! Burn the witch!

:rolleyes:

WHAT???? I thought that the Blues skaters were stealing it??? @Ice_Cap Can you explain??? 

Well, that sucked. 

But you also aren't gonna lose many games in the playoffs while scoring four goals. Coming home for game five, I'm not worried. Good game tonight.

2 minutes ago, crashcarson15 said:

And we’re off.

One down, three to go. 

I mean, it took 15 whole seconds Sharks? I guess it's still an improvement....

Capture64.PNG

Stop the Drilling! Stop the Oil!

8 minutes ago, crashcarson15 said:

And we’re off.

I like how you're using Stinger's head to denote the 16 playoff wins.  Hopefully you get to colour a few more.

That PING sound is really starting to annoy me.