the admiral

(NHL Playoffs) Rite of Spring 2017: can't go on, no, I'll go on

2,040 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Crabcake47 said:

just this dull sense of dread

Don't worry; you get used to it.

1 person likes this

The Blue Jackets live to fight another day.

1 hour ago, FGM13 said:

Refs in MTL/NYR seem to have forgotten that hitting from behind is a penalty.

As an aside, and I guess it's because I don't really care for either team, but by far, this Rangers/Canadiens series is the series I'm least excited about.

Finally got one...let's get another...and then a few more :)

1 person likes this

Okay I'll stfu about game three now. :P 

My ticket connection was mistaken so I didn't go to this game. We have tickets to a not-yet-real game six. Halfway there. Let's make it real!

about the game: Bob has been complete ass this series. The only time I've seen him worse was the start of last year. I have no idea what his deal is. It's baffling. Also, guys like Alex Wennberg need to stop making panicked, bad passes just inside the blue line. You can't give this team extra chances and nearly half their goals have come off of errors on the breakout. Under discussed thing that made their 16 game win streak happen: they just didn't make mistakes, forced or unforced, like that. Their breakout was so good during that stretch.

The rest of the way if they play like tonight, if fluery plays like tonight, if they can get back to that crisp passing game they won fifty games with, and get Bobrovsky's head out of his butt, then it's not over. That's a lot of ifs. Whatever. Just glad they weren't swept. This should've been a second round series. 

40 minutes ago, chcarlson23 said:

WHAT???? I thought that the Blues skaters were stealing it??? @Ice_Cap Can you explain??? 

I was poking fun at you, dummy. If you know this happens, why are we being so whiny about it?

Score some goals. Get "Duuuuuubs" to make an extra save. He's the "better" goalie right?

But none of that matters. Bruce said he'd tell the Wild to play like it's a Game 7, which is, like, the worst possible advice Bruce could give his teams.

(Also, you know why we're all gonna give you a ton of crap when you post stuff like that in the thread right? You talked up your Wild all season. It was gonna be different. They're a really good team. They're a great team when they're not playing like a bad team because they're actually good. Really!. You swear! And every time we told you to be careful, beware, this could happen, the team could Boudreau at any moment, you would push back so hard again swearing it was different and they wouldn't... Well here they are.)

3 people like this

Future advice: Take a page from my book of being a Blues fan. Have high hopes but prepare yourself to be disappointed - don't set any expectations and keep your refrigerator stocked full of alcohol. If they win? Celebrate! When and.... oh they will, Lose? Comfort drink yourself to sleep.

You are welcome!

When the Blues Go Marching In Video

2 people like this

The Oilers are playing like it's 2014.

1 person likes this

Oh good, the lone west coast game has a 5-goal margin.  I can get to sleep at a reasonable time tonight.

I like these Sharks. These are the fun Sharks.

Wonder if Draisaitl gets suspended for that.

There's the Oilers I know and hate!

5 minutes ago, ninersdd said:

Wonder if Draisaitl gets suspended for that.

Looks like Lucic is passing along his techniques to his teammates

Don't blow your entire load there Sharkies

I hate Kassians facial hair so much, I want to go fourth grade bully style and pin him down and shave his hairy ass and glue it to his face.

Otherwise, good to see this series likely becomes a best of three now. Oilers have still been the better team overall but the Sharks are showing they have some fight left in them. Hopefully they can maintain some for the remaining games.

Would not be surprised at all to see more cheap shots in the third period from noted idiots Kassian, Lucic, and/or Nurse. Never noticed in their wallowing at the bottom, but the Oilers are pretty darn unlikable. 

2 minutes ago, twi said:

Would not be surprised at all to see more cheap shots in the third period from noted idiots Kassian, Lucic, and/or Nurse. Never noticed in their wallowing at the bottom, but the Oilers are pretty darn unlikable. 

They didn't get good until they picked up those unlikeable players. 

Just now, FGM13 said:

They didn't get good until they picked up those unlikeable players. 

And they're not good because of them. 

0I7ERS

1 person likes this