(NHL Playoffs) Rite of Spring 2017: can't go on, no, I'll go on

The_Admiral

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay I'll stfu about game three now. :P 

My ticket connection was mistaken so I didn't go to this game. We have tickets to a not-yet-real game six. Halfway there. Let's make it real!

about the game: Bob has been complete ass this series. The only time I've seen him worse was the start of last year. I have no idea what his deal is. It's baffling. Also, guys like Alex Wennberg need to stop making panicked, bad passes just inside the blue line. You can't give this team extra chances and nearly half their goals have come off of errors on the breakout. Under discussed thing that made their 16 game win streak happen: they just didn't make mistakes, forced or unforced, like that. Their breakout was so good during that stretch.

The rest of the way if they play like tonight, if fluery plays like tonight, if they can get back to that crisp passing game they won fifty games with, and get Bobrovsky's head out of his butt, then it's not over. That's a lot of ifs. Whatever. Just glad they weren't swept. This should've been a second round series. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

40 minutes ago, chcarlson23 said:

WHAT???? I thought that the Blues skaters were stealing it??? @Ice_Cap Can you explain??? 

I was poking fun at you, dummy. If you know this happens, why are we being so whiny about it?

Score some goals. Get "Duuuuuubs" to make an extra save. He's the "better" goalie right?

But none of that matters. Bruce said he'd tell the Wild to play like it's a Game 7, which is, like, the worst possible advice Bruce could give his teams.

(Also, you know why we're all gonna give you a ton of crap when you post stuff like that in the thread right? You talked up your Wild all season. It was gonna be different. They're a really good team. They're a great team when they're not playing like a bad team because they're actually good. Really!. You swear! And every time we told you to be careful, beware, this could happen, the team could Boudreau at any moment, you would push back so hard again swearing it was different and they wouldn't... Well here they are.)

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Future advice: Take a page from my book of being a Blues fan. Have high hopes but prepare yourself to be disappointed - don't set any expectations and keep your refrigerator stocked full of alcohol. If they win? Celebrate! When and.... oh they will, Lose? Comfort drink yourself to sleep.

You are welcome!

When the Blues Go Marching In Video

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

I hate Kassians facial hair so much, I want to go fourth grade bully style and pin him down and shave his hairy ass and glue it to his face.

Otherwise, good to see this series likely becomes a best of three now. Oilers have still been the better team overall but the Sharks are showing they have some fight left in them. Hopefully they can maintain some for the remaining games.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

Would not be surprised at all to see more cheap shots in the third period from noted idiots Kassian, Lucic, and/or Nurse. Never noticed in their wallowing at the bottom, but the Oilers are pretty darn unlikable. 

2 minutes ago, twi said:

Would not be surprised at all to see more cheap shots in the third period from noted idiots Kassian, Lucic, and/or Nurse. Never noticed in their wallowing at the bottom, but the Oilers are pretty darn unlikable. 

They didn't get good until they picked up those unlikeable players. 

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

Well that wasn't very fun at all. I knew those two wins were a bit of a mirage, and the complete lack of discipline was bound to catch up to them eventually and it did in a big way. The team played like garbage and got what they deserved tonight. How they respond Thursday will show if they've really grown at all, or if they just lie down and take it like in years past.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

6 hours ago, chcarlson23 said:

None of this is a Boudreau Curse, or anything like that... It's Jake Allen, and the Dead Puck Blues... The Wild have out shot the Blues considerably, have one a majority of the faceoffs, and have pretty much dominated puck possession (No this isn't one of those Carolina Hurricanes are better cause analytics things...). The whole series is being determined by Jake Allen... 

The Wild have out shot the Blues 117-79 in the series, are out attempting the Blues 228-142, have won 133 FO compared to 89 for the Blues for a 59.9 FOW% for Minnesota while only a 40.1 FOW% for the Blues... It's literally Jake Allen that's winning this series. 

The Wild did dominate Game 1.  Jake Allen and bounces were the difference.  No question.

Since then, I'd argue it's  been about even.  Most of the shot advantage you cite are from Game 1.

But there has to be something to be said for a team's inability to put the puck in the net.  One five-on-five goal.  One.

I agree that this is not about Boudreau, just like it was not about Yeo.  It's about this core of players.  Something's off.  Something causes them to go into a prolonged funk every single season.  Something causes them to enter the playoffs every year as one of the few teams with no chance.  I don't know whether it's leadership, chemistry, or that they're just not quite good enough...they could use a sniper...but this group is just not big-time. 

It's weird about the Wild; Minnesota fans seem realistic about the other teams.  But they always have delusions about the Wild.  They always tell me how good the Wild are because they manage to clinch a playoff birth every April.  So this year, their best regular season with this group, really had 'em believing, despite the fact that the annual swoon came at a worse time than most seasons.  

Combine that with that fact that the Blues came in hot and why is anyone surprised?  And let's say they'd drawn someone else with less of a hot goalie.  So?  This core is never going to make a legitimate Cup run.  I'm glad that Yeo's on the other bench.  Yeah, he's not really responsible (or maybe he is; they've done well under him).  But maybe we can stop kidding ourselves; the annual swoons were not on him.

You probably are not old enough to remember the 1991 Twins Championship.  I am, but it's getting to be a long, long time ago.  No Minnesota team is within five years of a title.  And for the Wild to get to that point, they have to try to break this thing apart and start over.  This group has achieved all it's going to achieve.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived