(NHL Playoffs) Rite of Spring 2017: can't go on, no, I'll go on

The_Admiral

3 minutes ago, Zeus89725 said:

I saw a statistic somewhere that said the Penguins' announcers were the #1 leading cause of suicide amongst NHL fans.

Also, sorry if that was too edgy.

Has to be Dave Mishkin. Plenty of announcers yell, but I feel like Dave Mishkin is mad at me when the Lightning score.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Still MIGHTY said:

Not only is Penguins-Blue Jackets Game 5 relegated to NHL Network, it's the local Pittsburgh Root Sports feed.

This will be a decent game on mute.

For some reason the NHL network plays a countdown show instead of the game in my area. CNBC didn't black me out and USA network didn't black me out, but NHL network has twice now. That rule makes no sense. To make matters worse Fox sports Ohio has the reds game on their main feed so I'm relegated to the alternate fso channel which is standard definition like it's 19dickettysix. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

52 minutes ago, Cosmic said:

Has to be Dave Mishkin. Plenty of announcers yell, but I feel like Dave Mishkin is mad at me when the Lightning score.

Aside from the fact that they were fighting for the same spot as the Leafs? Mishkin was the reason I was happy the Lightning missed out on the playoffs. 

16 minutes ago, crashcarson15 said:

Oh hey, the NHL is still a :censored:ing joke, neat.

This being whistled for a goaltender interference penalty is an awesome way to have your season end, yeah.

Microcosm of the series, right? Bad call leads to a Penguins goal and then a subsequent Blue Jackets meltdown. So frustrating. Wish we'd have gotten a fairer shake. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

Wasn't a penalty, but also not a goal.

Hell of a game by Fleury, Columbus definitely made it interesting. Played their damn hearts out  Hell of a season for them. Hopefully Toronto/Washington goes the distance.

oBIgzrL.png

2 hours ago, McCarthy said:

For some reason the NHL network plays a countdown show instead of the game in my area. CNBC didn't black me out and USA network didn't black me out, but NHL network has twice now. That rule makes no sense. To make matters worse Fox sports Ohio has the reds game on their main feed so I'm relegated to the alternate fso channel which is standard definition like it's 19dickettysix. 

That's weird. It's HD on Direct TV. 

BB52Big.jpg

The worst part is Bobrovsky was absolutely dreadful in all 5 games. He's gonna win the Vezina and it will be awkward. If he'd shown up this series might be over going the other way right now. 

The Penguins are the better team, but they're not this much better. Just couldn't really ever get a bounce or a call to go their way, lost their arguably best player in Game 3. Very little went right. Shouldn't have been a first round matchup. At least they didn't get swept.

The winning streak was fun. Cool to experience a regular season other fanbases get to have on a semi yearly basis. Hope it isn't three more years until we're in the playoffs again. I hope we don't have to play Pittsburgh again. It's not fun. 

Go Caps.  

PvO6ZWJ.png

24 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

That's weird. It's HD on Direct TV. 

I have Cincinnati Bell fioptics which is actually the best tv provider I've ever had except for this one thing. I don't know why their fso alternate channel can't also be in HD. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

Wow. Still could choke this away but holy :censored: was I wrong about this series.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

11 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

I have Cincinnati Bell fioptics which is actually the best tv provider I've ever had except for this one thing. I don't know why their fso alternate channel can't also be in HD. 

Could it be that they don't use it often enough to warrant spending the money to upgrade it to HD? Then again, it's already in HD on other providers so it shouldn't be an issue. Who knows? 

BB52Big.jpg

Archived