Caps in 5

Pens in 6

Habs in 7

B's in 7

Hawks in 5 (barf)

Blues in 6

Ducks in 5

Shahks in 6

Forced to agonize over the Leafs radio broadcast because NBCSN's whip around coverage refused to show enough of the 3rd period of the only game anyone cared about. Leafs or Bruins would've been dead before the series started. Thank the Lord its the Leafs.

*sigh* Hopefully NBC's Sidney Crosby Lovefest doesn't go deep into May, but theres no way CBJ gets out alive. (Thanks for the help btw Jackets)

As good as the Hockey in a Bruins-Habs 7 game (you know it) series would be, i don't know if my heart can take it. The teams are as evenly matched now as they've ever been and the whole coaching epic would be absolutely delicious. My bet is Montreal humiliates "King" Henrik in Game 7 and moves on to play, well probably Ottawa, but not if fate has its say.

Changed my mind, Trap just as boring but Bruins withstand it with experience.

I dont wanna talk about it.

Dubnyk collapses like a house of cards and St. Louis pulls it out.

Im rooting hard for the Flames but we'll get forcefed Cali hockey till its coming out of our eyes. Yawn.

How long will Joe Thornton's beard get? Too long for my liking.

want the Finals to come down to Calgary/Columbus, 'cause those are my top teams who actually made it, but I'm thinking it'll probably just be Pittsburgh/Chicago. Ah well, that'll still be fun. :)

Injuries and the current playoff format have me a little scared it'll be a somewhat-early exit for the Pens (Columbus and probably Washington in the first two rounds. Yikes.), but "nothing worth winning ever came easy blah blah blah..."

Don't count out the Jackets. Not for one second. As much as I dislike the guy, Torts is one hell of a coach. Bobs is one hell of a goalie. They have one hell of a lineup. I'm hoping that Murray or Fleury, whoever they put in (let's be real, it's probably Murray) holds up like they have in the past.

Hopefully the defense holds up like it has this year as well. Losing just Letang back there isn't the end of the world like a lot of Pens fans want to believe. Losing Hagelin and Kunitz, though, scares me. That, and Geno continuing to be the stupid retaliatory penalty machine he has been all year, once he comes back. Against a team like Columbus, that worries me about him.

Pens in 7

Caps in 5

Sens in 6

Rangers in 7

Oilers in 7

Flames in 7

Wild in 5

Hawks in 5

Capitals in 5

Blue Jackets in 7

Bruins in 6

Rangers in 7

Blackhawks in 6

Minnesota in 6

Ducks in 4, God is dead

Oilers in 5

rDF5YoV.gif

1 person likes this

Not saying it can't happen, but I'm pretty shocked by how many Senators picks I'm seeing here. Maybe this is just me selling Ottawa short, yet again, like has been the case all season from many of us, but with the injuries they've had, especially Karlsson who is probably not 100%, I dunno. Of all the 2/3 matchups, this has the highest sweep potential to me, easily. I'd be surprised if it goes beyond 5.

Which means, besides making the Lightning's playoff miss be so agonizingly close, screw the Leafs for losing last night because that sure gave Boston a much more navigable playoff road. And the Bruins are the one team I want out of these playoffs as quickly as possible. Just about everyone else is fine by me.

(scratch that; even if Toronto won, TB would've missed by one point courtesy of Boston. So it made no difference.)

7 minutes ago, Kramerica Industries said:

Not saying it can't happen, but I'm pretty shocked by how many Senators picks I'm seeing here.

Probably faith in Boucher's trap in the playoffs against a noted idiot in Cassidy. My faith is in Chara and Bergeron.

14 minutes ago, Kramerica Industries said:

Not saying it can't happen, but I'm pretty shocked by how many Senators picks I'm seeing here. Maybe this is just me selling Ottawa short, yet again, like has been the case all season from many of us, but with the injuries they've had, especially Karlsson who is probably not 100%, I dunno. Of all the 2/3 matchups, this has the highest sweep potential to me, easily. I'd be surprised if it goes beyond 5.

Ottawa swept the season series and have won 5 straight against the B's, everybody except probably Methot will be back for game 1, and Karlsson said he could have played last weekend.

Also Anderson has a career save percentage of .933. I remember against NYR in 2011 and MTL in 2015 the team probably had no business challenging for those series, but Anderson almost single handedly gave them a chance to win. Ottawa's a much better team now than it was in those seasons.

I'd say Ottawa can match up with the Bruins anywhere, it could be a good series. Probably the most boring in reality given the defensive nature of the teams, but it shouldn't be a blowout and we get a Burrows/Marchand playoff reunion.

I'm curious has a team ever gotten swept by a team in 4 or more games in the regular season and then gone and swept that same team in the playoffs? If so its at least super unlikely and theres not really a chance in my mind the B's sweep or even win in 5.

Also you can add Marchand to Bergeron & Chara, he's reached that level now, especially having the Chemistry he has with Bergy.

Chara is one of the best defensemen who ever lived and Bergeron is one of the best two-way centers who ever lived. Marchand isn't in their solar system.

29 minutes ago, Bruins said:

I'm curious has a team ever gotten swept by a team in 4 or more games in the regular season and then gone and swept that same team in the playoffs? If so its at least super unlikely and theres not really a chance in my mind the B's sweep or even win in 5.

Also you can add Marchand to Bergeron & Chara, he's reached that level now, especially having the Chemistry he has with Bergy.

Yes. In 2007-2008, the Detroit Redwings swept the season series from the Colorado Avalanche, 4-0, then swept the Avalanche in the second round of the playoffs. 

2 minutes ago, Coast2CoastAM2006 said:

Yes. In 2007-2008, the Detroit Redwings swept the season series from the Colorado Avalanche, 4-0, then swept the Avalanche in the second round of the playoffs. 

No, I mean has a team ever swept a team and then had the tables turned and got swept BY the same team? Like if the Red Wings swept the Avs then the Avs swept the Wings in the Playoffs.

22 minutes ago, Bruins said:

No, I mean has a team ever swept a team and then had the tables turned and got swept BY the same team? Like if the Red Wings swept the Avs then the Avs swept the Wings in the Playoffs.

Happened in 2000-2001, the Ottawa Senators wins the season series 5-0 then got swept in the first round by the same Toronto Maple Leafs.

1 person likes this

The Stanley Cup Finals I most want to see one day is Winnipeg/Ottawa. Just to see NBC Sports burn down.

9 people like this

Caps in 5 (Toronto looks good, but Washington will be too much)

Jackets in 7 (I think Columbus will be sort of a dark horse this year)

Habs in 7 (They should continue they play as of late into the playoffs)

Sens in 6 (Boucher's system will prove to be too much for the B's)

Chicago in 5 (Chicago's playoff experience will dispatch the Preds)

Wild in 6 (I wanna see the Wild make a deep run, and I believe they have the pieces to do so)

Flames in 7 (Flames will come back from a 2-game deficit to upset the Ducks)

Oilers in 6 (McDavid has a monster series, too much for the Sharks to handle)

Caps in 5

Beej in 7 (you can do it, we all want it to happen)

Habs in 5

Sens in 7

Hawks in 6

Wild in 6

Ducks in 5

Sharks in 7 (really pulling for Edmonton Jeremy, but picking with my head over my heart)

Caps over Beej in 6

Habs over Sens in 5

Hawks over Wild in 4

Ducks over Sharks in 7

Caps over Habs in 7

Hawks over Ducks in 5

Hawks over Caps in 6 

I'll be updating my predictions as the playoffs wear on but I figured I should get in some initial predictions now. I know I'm picking the Caps to go to the SCF but I'd be equally as not-surprised if they lost in the 1st/2nd round again. 

Washington in 5

Pittsburgh in 6

Montreal in 7

Boston in 6

Chicago in 6

Minnesota in 7

Anaheim in 5

San Jose in 6

Washington in 7

Montreal in 6

Chicago in 6

Anaheim in 7

Washington in 6

Chicago in 6

Washington in 7

Capitals over Blues in 6.

I think right now on paper, 2 wins for the Leafs over the Caps would be a professional success all things considered, not least goaltending.  

I'm actually excited for the Sharks-Oilers which could be an electric mess with some heated moments.  Never mind McDavid, the Sharks certainly don't want to lose to their former coach in the 1st round.

3 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

The Stanley Cup Finals I most want to see one day is Winnipeg/Ottawa. Just to see NBC Sports burn down.

We had Anaheim/Ottawa. Close enough!

2 people like this

Just let the Oilers make it out of the first round so that I can go into hockey hibernation until the Kings hire a new coach.