(NHL Playoffs) Rite of Spring 2017: can't go on, no, I'll go on

The_Admiral

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought this game was a goner early on.

The entire team, especially Ian Cole, need to buy Fleury 8 rib eyes after the game. He singlehandedly kept us in the game until our offense came alive.

NSFCvyu.png

3 minutes ago, SabresRule7361 said:

I wish the NHL had moved the Penguins to Kansas City.

tumblr_mq4a1jKL7t1s01qkyo1_r1_400.gif

Wishing relocation upon a team, no matter how much you dislike them, is pathetically petty and you should know better than that. Your lukewarm hot takes, flagellant whining (for which you provide little reason other than randomly-assigned adjectives like "arrogant"), and suffocation of board dialogue all point to you being a troll.

1 hour ago, SFGiants58 said:

Wishing relocation upon a team, no matter how much you dislike them, is pathetically petty and you should know better than that. Your lukewarm hot takes, flagellant whining (for which you provide little reason other than randomly-assigned adjectives like "arrogant"), and suffocation of board dialogue all point to you being a troll.

Members here have been wishing for multiple NHL teams to move to other cities for years.  It's pretty much acceptable behavior around here.

3 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

Wishing relocation upon a team, no matter how much you dislike them, is pathetically petty and you should know better than that.

I thought posters here do that with Sun Belt hockey teams? :upside:

19 minutes ago, Cosmic said:

Poor Caps.

We'll take your sympathy at this point, it's pretty much the best we can hope for now. 

At best we split in Pittsburgh, which means we have to beat them 3 times in a row, which I'm not even sure we could do in a pickup game. 

spacer.png

12 hours ago, HedleyLamarr said:

Members here have been wishing for multiple NHL teams to move to other cities for years.  It's pretty much acceptable behavior around here.

10 hours ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

I thought posters here do that with Sun Belt hockey teams? :upside:

Yeah, we have a thread that is dominated by Phoenix talk. Some of it is purely about the business, but a lot of people are flat out clamoring for the Coyotes and Hurricanes to move.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

On 4/28/2017 at 11:34 PM, RedRenesis said:

We get it, you hate the Pens / Pittsburgh, and it's fine but...

Washington had two of these last night, and neither were called.

It isn't that the league is cashing checks from Mario, or for that matter Ted.  Officiating during the playoffs is a gong show, and has been for years.  If anything it's another case of OITGDNHL.  

I'm fulling admitting I'm biased, but a Stars fan texted me last night and said "the penguins never have to deal with killing a powerplay on bulls*** calls". I know the officiating is a gong show in the playoffs, but is it too much to ask that the gong show falls against the Pittsburgh team one time? The gong show always seems to happen that leads to a Penguins goal or not get called that leads to a Penguins goal. If the worst thing that's happened to you these playoffs is a no call then you're in a better position than most. They've played six playoff games and either the officiating has been equally bad or bad in their favor, but never bad in a way that is detrimental to them.

Last night a Penguin took a puck in the ear and got an immediate whistle, by the way. They didn't let the Caps, who had possession, skate around his body and score a goal. Consistency would be nice, but one team found a way to be on the smiling side in both situations. See what I mean? 

PvO6ZWJ.png

4 minutes ago, Kaz said:

Well, there's a difference between wishing for a team to relocate because their market is a liability to the league versus wishing relocation on a team just because you don't like them.

Exactly. Let's not let that get in the way of self-pity though!

I bet those slow ass Sharks are looking mighty good right now, aren't they Ducks fans? 

On a different note, I'm enjoying this southern fried hockey and intrigued to see if this rag tag group of Oilers can continue their timely scoring and ascent upward. 

On another different note, Kassian can still go piss up a rope, you stupid ass. 

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

43 minutes ago, Kaz said:

Well, there's a difference between wishing for a team to relocate because their market is a liability to the league versus wishing relocation on a team just because you don't like them.

(tbf, pittsburgh was a liability to the league until they won the draft lottery to take a once-in-a-generation talent)

6fQjS3M.png

1 hour ago, McCarthy said:

I'm fulling admitting I'm biased, but a Stars fan texted me last night and said "the penguins never have to deal with killing a powerplay on bulls*** calls". I know the officiating is a gong show in the playoffs, but is it too much to ask that the gong show falls against the Pittsburgh team one time? The gong show always seems to happen that leads to a Penguins goal or not get called that leads to a Penguins goal. If the worst thing that's happened to you these playoffs is a no call then you're in a better position than most. They've played six playoff games and either the officiating has been equally bad or bad in their favor, but never bad in a way that is detrimental to them.

Last night a Penguin took a puck in the ear and got an immediate whistle, by the way. They didn't let the Caps, who had possession, skate around his body and score a goal. Consistency would be nice, but one team found a way to be on the smiling side in both situations. See what I mean? 

Didn't the Caps outnumber the Pens in power plays last night - what, something like 5-2 (keep in mind, one of the Caps' two penalties was an easy delay-of-game call)? If that is an "evenly" called game, I need to know what a biased game looks like to you.

NSFCvyu.png

2 hours ago, crashcarson15 said:

(tbf, pittsburgh was a liability to the league until they won the draft lottery to take a once-in-a-generation talent)

I mean, he isn't wrong.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

5 hours ago, McCarthy said:

You put into words something that's bothered me for years about certain teams in all sports, and I could never really explain it. Of course, the Penguins are an excellent team, but they never seem to be put into bad situations by shoddy officiating. Any borderline call either benefits them, or doesn't hurt them. I never see them killing a bs penalty late in a game, or getting called for a ticky-tack hold in the first period that leads to them playing from behind right off the bat. They do seem to get these types of calls in their favor though.

The same thing applies to the Pittsburgh Steelers, Green Bay Packers, New York Yankees (at least during their late '90s/ early 2000's run).

Of course, I'm not watching every second of every game to see the calls that go against them, but it certainly FEELS like certain teams are always benefiting from close/ borderline calls.  

5 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

The Penguins/Capitals series feels like it's already over.

I feel like I could just congratulate the Penguins on moving to the Conference Final right now.

Do it man, join the club

spacer.png

Archived