(NHL Playoffs) Rite of Spring 2017: can't go on, no, I'll go on

The_Admiral

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Geez, is this series going to go the distance?

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Welcome back, 2010-2015 Pens. I've missed you.

Fleury's the only Penguin who deserves to win this series as it stands right now. Kudos to the Caps on their adjustments, but this is absolutely pathetic. I'm not looking forward to game seven.

NSFCvyu.png

Very annoying (and concerning IMO) to concede 2 late goals. But its always nice to force that amount of Penguins fans to leave early. 

37 minutes ago, JWhiz96 said:

I'm not looking forward to game seven.

You and me both. Its heart attack time. 

spacer.png

I'm pushing all my chips (cheques) in for the caps. I need that draft pick in the Shatty22 trade to be as good as possible!

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

On 5/7/2017 at 5:18 PM, infrared41 said:

That's it, Blues. I'm done with you once and for all....until next year when you pull me back in and we do this all over again. I can't imagine what it must be like for people who actually care to do this every year.

eEcEZxKBl06ly.gif

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

The conspiracy extends to the east! Clearly, the NHL favours the Caps because Crosby would be horrible for TV ratings.

Not taking credit for the joke.

On top of that, Ottawa is leading 3-2 in their series with the Rangers! Bettman must be behind this, because he wants that 90's expansion franchise to win and Grow the Game.

I am taking credit for that one.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

"There are three absolutes in life; death, taxes, and the Washington Capitals losing a Game 7 in the NHL Playoffs."

However; this is the best chance Washington has ever had. Pittsburgh is reeling from the beating in Game 6. It's on home ice; Caps players know their fans will be out "Rockin' the Red".

This is a chance for Washington to exorcise almost three decades of heartbreak against Pittsburgh. If the Caps win; they're going all the way.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

1 minute ago, Dalcowboyfan92 said:

This is a chance for Washington to exorcise almost three decades of heartbreak against Pittsburgh. If the Caps win; they're going all the way.

Obviously it's never a sure thing, but it kind of feels like PIT/WSH is the real battle for the east. I think that, no matter which one wins, the ECF is theirs to lose. Just a feeling, but I get the impression that I'm not alone, in that thinking.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

31 minutes ago, Dalcowboyfan92 said:

"There are three absolutes in life; death, taxes, and the Washington Capitals losing a Game 7 in the NHL Playoffs."

However; this is the best chance Washington has ever had. Pittsburgh is reeling from the beating in Game 6. It's on home ice; Caps players know their fans will be out "Rockin' the Red".

Here's my worry: the first four games the Capitals felt all the pressure and played tight, "gripping their sticks too hard" that sort of thing. When they got into ":censored: it" mode is when pucks started to go in. Now they're back to even footing with the Penguins and a one game take all in front of their home fans might be a burden for them. Hope I'm wrong. Hopefully bad Fluery shows up. Also the Penguins never play two bad games in a row and I expect them to be better. I have no idea why they were so flat last night. They won't be that flat in Game 7.  

Chanting "holt-bee" while down 3 goals is not a good look, Penguins fans. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

18 hours ago, Crabcake47 said:

Very annoying (and concerning IMO) to concede 2 late goals.

It shouldn't be.  It's human nature to not be 100% focused when you're up five goals with under four minutes to play.  And, it was a 4-on-4 situation.

Archived