(NHL Playoffs) Rite of Spring 2017: can't go on, no, I'll go on

The_Admiral

5 hours ago, McCarthy said:

There will be a bad offsides review that takes forever and still gets the whole thing wrong. 

And thanks to the new NHL rules, that particular offsides they are reviewing occurred in 1987.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, 2001mark said:

I don't really want any of these teams to win of course, yet it would probably be for the best if the Oilers did win.  I think the NHL  (while not nearly like the NBA is so dependent on) is a bit better when its best players win.  I'd say that's true to different degrees of all leagues - if Mike Trout can't sniff a title after 20yrs in MLB, there's something missing.  Different degrees of course because a Dan Marino is much more magnified in the NFL universe.

If the Senators were to win, which another 2 rounds is a tall task, unsure how healthy Karlsson really is, they could easily save their parade for July 1 Canada 150 crowds downtown.

This very second I think I still have to predict the Ducks will win it all.

That's because the MLB and NFL have more players so that the team isn't dependent on one player. Manning only won one title in Indy despite being arguably the best player in the 2000s. Kershaw hasn't been able to advance past the NLCS, Harper the NLDS. Superstars just don't affect those sports the way they do in hockey or basketball. Why? Because the MLB has 9 position players on the field at all times, the NFL 11. It's a lot different in the NHL and NBA, with 6 and 5 respectively. Of course hockey has line changes and basketball has the bench, but those two sports are much more reliant on their best players than baseball or football.

I'm going with Washington tonight (barf). I hope the Pens prove me wrong, but I think the Caps have finally found a way to beat us. They've outplayed us for most of the series anyway. I will say if the Pens lose, I will be happy for Crabcake47. You've been the consummate fan, and while I hate jocking people, I've gotta give you credit for not being a homer. Fans like you deserve to be rewarded.

I honestly don't know who'll win the Ducks/Oilers series. I'm tentatively going with Edmonton, given Anaheim's history of blowing 3-2 series leads.

NSFCvyu.png

1 hour ago, wildwing64 said:

And that's assuming they can make it past Nashville. Maybe things will go differently this time, but I don't have high hopes.

...And that's assuming we make it past this Game 7.

They will make it past Nashville. I know they destroyed the Cup favorites, and took care of the Blues fairly easily, but I'm still somehow not sold. The Ducks just seem more gritty, for lack of a better word. 

sig.png

1 hour ago, JWhiz96 said:

That's because the MLB and NFL have more players so that the team isn't dependent on one player. Manning only won one title in Indy despite being arguably the best player in the 2000s. Kershaw hasn't been able to advance past the NLCS, Harper the NLDS. Superstars just don't affect those sports the way they do in hockey or basketball. Why? Because the MLB has 9 position players on the field at all times, the NFL 11. It's a lot different in the NHL and NBA, with 6 and 5 respectively. Of course hockey has line changes and basketball has the bench, but those two sports are much more reliant on their best players than baseball or football.

I'm going with Washington tonight (barf). I hope the Pens prove me wrong, but I think the Caps have finally found a way to beat us. They've outplayed us for most of the series anyway. I will say if the Pens lose, I will be happy for Crabcake47. You've been the consummate fan, and while I hate jocking people, I've gotta give you credit for not being a homer. Fans like you deserve to be rewarded.

I honestly don't know who'll win the Ducks/Oilers series. I'm tentatively going with Edmonton, given Anaheim's history of blowing 3-2 series leads.

Thx bro, means a lot. And I've gotta give u credit too, you kinda show that not all fans are the stereotypes we paint them to be. May the best team win tonight. 

spacer.png

2 hours ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

They will make it past Nashville. I know they destroyed the Cup favorites, and took care of the Blues fairly easily, but I'm still somehow not sold. The Ducks just seem more gritty, for lack of a better word. 

Anaheim has shown flashes of better hockey, in round 2, but they have been incredibly inconsistent. I'm not saying that it's a gimme, but the Preds have played a game with far more consistency. Both losses were by 1 goal.

Go Oilers.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Man, the Caps look hungry.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

What an awesome double-header of Game 7's tonight.

Tonight's Capitals game feels like a must win, the same way it felt like the Cubs in the WS. They just can't lose.

Plus, they too were trailing a 3-1 series.

WHOO boy that was nerve racking. 

Got a bad feeling that the Pens will score first and then the Caps won't be able to respond well. We started well but the Pens really responded well to that too. 

spacer.png

C'mon Caps. Fight back somehow. 

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

Dang it, Fleury turned on beast mode again. Doesn't look good right now, even if it's just one goal. 

If the Pens score again it's GGs. 

spacer.png

Uh oh. This doesn't feel good for the Caps. They're certainly getting the chances but missing a wide-open net and some of these other "fall into my lap" saves by Fleury has that feeling that doesn't bode well for ol' Washington.

73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

29, 30, 31, 36, 39, 44, 61, 62, 65, 66, 67, 96, 10

1 minute ago, MiK said:

Uh oh. This doesn't feel good for the Caps. They're certainly getting the chances but missing a wide-open net and some of these other "fall into my lap" saves by Fleury has that feeling that doesn't bode well for ol' Washington.

Hit the nail on the head right there. 

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

When one Pittsburgh goaltender can't perform at playoff level, the other takes up the full workload and everything resumes as if nothing happened.

I swear it's as if the very physical universe is working to ensure the Caps don't avance past the 2nd round in the Ovechkin era. If it's not one thing, it's another. And yes, I am pretty much giving up. I hope my guys prove me wrong, but I don't feel confident rn. 

spacer.png

Archived