(NHL Playoffs) Rite of Spring 2017: can't go on, no, I'll go on

The_Admiral

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For years I've defended hockey against people who joke that it gets ratings worse than the World Series of Parcheesi on ESPN5, but this year, you know what, looks like ya got me

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Ducks over Preds in 7 and Penguins over Sens in 6 = Penguins over Ducks in 6 w/ Crosby lifting his last cup before his brain officially becomes jelly

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

To be honest, I would watch the World Series of Parcheesi before I watched the goddamn Nashville Predators and their derpy crypto-racist boy-scout fans

1 minute ago, the admiral said:

To be honest, I would watch the World Series of Parcheesi before I watched the goddamn Nashville Predators and their derpy crypto-racist boy-scout fans

Be careful what you wish for- Anaheim's last SCF appearance got lower ratings than Unhappily Ever After.

Just now, SabresRule7361 said:

Be careful what you wish for- Anaheim's last SCF appearance got lower ratings than Unhappily Ever After.

Oh really, I didn't know! 

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

4 minutes ago, the admiral said:

f8fec73660a20b99be709ddfa2d4a803.jpg

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

We give our team a standing ovation because we love them ever so, we are good fans, tell us what good fans we are, our games are such fun, unlike Chicago you won't be shot by nMOD EDIT

7 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

Why does he do anything he does? 

I'd never once heard of this show until I just googled it, and holy cow is the synopsis on Wikipedia insane.

The series was initially intended to be a starring vehicle for Stephanie Hodge, whose character of Jennie was the focus of the first few episodes. However, the series concept was soon re-worked. The character of Jack (Geoff Pierson), who had been kicked out of the house and was living in an apartment, was brought back home and began living in the basement. Soon, Jack — a family man with schizophrenia whose only friend is a talking toy rabbit — became the central character of the show, along with the rabbit, Mr. Floppy. Also, in seasons one and two, storylines featured Jennie's mother, Maureen Slattery (Joyce Van Patten). When Van Patten left the show, her character was killed-off.

By the show's third season, Tiffany (Nikki Cox) was becoming a breakout character and the de facto co-star of the show along with Pierson. Stories began focusing on Tiffany and Ryan's high school (and later community college) escapades, and the producers attempted to kill-off the increasingly unnecessary character of Jennie, who returned as a ghost. After doing so, however, they quickly reversed their decision because of negative audience reaction.[citation needed] The character was brought back to life in a deliberately bizarre sequence in which a network executive wandered on to the set and announced Jennie's character was no longer dead. Nevertheless, Jennie was soon gone again, as several episodes later, the character abandoned her family for a lesbian lover (Hodge choosing to leave the show) and was never seen again.

Cox was already signed to star in a new series for the WB when Unhappily... ended, and the final season focused more on the character of Tiffany. A new character was added to the cast, Tiffany's rival Barbara Caufield (Wendy Benson). The series wrapped up with a final episode in which Jack finally made enough money to send Tiffany to Harvard University. Once Jack started making money, he no longer needed Floppy and his schizophrenia was cured; Floppy returned to being just a stuffed animal, dying. Jack soon went insane from drinking again, however, bringing Floppy "back from the dead".

The heck was this show.

IbjBaeE.png

It was the Aldi-house-brand Married With Children with a talking puppet that lived in the basement, right down to being used to launch an upstart UHF-based network. It was one of those shows that was on in reruns after midnight a couple years after it ended. It was beyond bad, which makes it perfectly on topic for these terrible playoffs.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHH MYYYYYYYYY GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

THEY DID IT! THEY FINALLY :censored: ING DID IT!

I mean, it seems obvious, but winning a Game 7 feels SO much better than losing them again, and again, and again, and again. I've almost never been prouder of that damn team. So good. Can't wipe this smile off my face.

Hell of a series, Edmonton. That's a team that's gonna run this conference sooner rather than later. Glad to get by them and get a shot now, because it's gonna be quite hard to do that in future years. (And finally ran into some real nice Edmonton fans that drove 26 hours to see them play. Good on those guys. Salt of the earth folk.)

As for the rest of you.... I don't give a :censored: about ratings. I don't give a :censored: about how you feel about our team. Honestly, real tired of all your :censored: . So Let's :censored: ing Go Ducks. Bring on Nashville.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

24 minutes ago, SabresRule7361 said:

I don't see NSH/OTT getting in the way.

Didn't everyone think that about last year's NSH/ANA series?

Preds in 6.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Archived