(NHL Playoffs) Rite of Spring 2017: can't go on, no, I'll go on

The_Admiral

2 minutes ago, Red Wolf said:

I've even heard New York Yankees fans talk about how their high-paid roster overcame the odds, and fought through adversity to win a World Series.

Sad to be a baseball "Fan" from Little Rock. I'm pretty sure no Yankee fan has ever expressed how their high payroll team had conquered adversity and won a title. WOW. 

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, worcat said:

When there is a civil war among your own fan base, I find any relevant comment made in reference to their dysfunctional history asinine  

That is absurd and you know it. Every fanbase has something/a topic that can divide them or cause a "civil war". 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Just now, Rockstar Matt said:

That is absurd and you know it. Every fanbase has something/a topic that can divide them or cause a "civil war". 

Every fanbase has a topic....sure. But an argument over IDENTITY!? Please inform me. I'll be waiting microwaving my pop corn.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

19 hours ago, worcat said:

Every fanbase has a topic....sure. But an argument over IDENTITY!? Please inform me. I'll be waiting microwaving my pop corn.

So the basis of your argument is that West Coast hockey fans are arrogant, pompous, f*** boys because the Ducks happen to have a "civil war" about their identity? Do you not see how ridiculous that it is? 

And having an argument over a team's identity is still a topic. Just as arguing over how good a team's head coach is. There is no difference.

3 hours ago, Sykotyk said:

The Penguins almost left because Lemieux couldn't get a new stadium after he was given part ownership after being their largest debtor. It never had anything to do with the fan base. But the political will to build the third major sports venue in Pittsburgh in just a few years. PA is much more fickle about it than other states so they used it as leverage and succeeded in getting their new stadium.

The only thing I would add to the quoted is that this was during the time period that Pennsylvania was sorting out who would get Slots Licenses across the state.  To strengthen their bid, a group, Isle of Capri, offered to build the Pens an arena for free, to the team, and to the state if they were awarded the Pittsburgh license.  The Pens hitched their wagon to this proposal and it was rejected, and really left the team with no other options.  It wasn't until after that rejection that the drums started getting pounded for a KC relocation.  

6 minutes ago, worcat said:

Sad to be a baseball "Fan" from Little Rock. I'm pretty sure no Yankee fan has ever expressed how their high payroll team had conquered adversity and won a title. WOW. 

They were internet people. It's not like there are any local pro teams for Little Rock fans to cheer for, so you can root for anybody you want since the closest teams (Texas and St. Louis) are five hours away. Kind of hard to associate yourself with a city that far away and decide you're all in based on that geography. If it makes you feel better, most people in Arkansas are Cardinals fans, which is quite unfortunate. 

Just now, Rockstar Matt said:

So the basis of your argument is that West Coast hockey fans are arrogant pompous f*** boys because the Ducks happen to have a "civil war" about their identity? Do you not see how ridiculous that it is? 

And having an argument over a team's identify is still a topic. Just as arguing over how good a team's head coach is. There is no difference.

Dial back to certain user posting and celebrating "said" west coast team and celebrating their victory.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

1 minute ago, Red Wolf said:

They were internet people. It's not like there are any local pro teams for Little Rock fans to cheer for, so you can root for anybody you want since the closest teams (Texas and St. Louis) are five hours away. Kind of hard to associate yourself with a city that far away and decide you're all in based on that geography. If it makes you feel better, most people in Arkansas are Cardinals fans, which is quite unfortunate. 

Yeah unfortunate at best. As a baseball fan in general, you sound like an idiot.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

Just now, Red Wolf said:

How is that? 

This is an NHL playoff thread, if you need to be educated about baseball or other topics please feel free to message me privately. Let's stay on topic please.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

2 minutes ago, worcat said:

This is an NHL playoff thread, if you need to be educated about baseball or other topics please feel free to message me privately. Let's stay on topic please.

Right, the fanbases that are entitled and terrible because of reasons. 

11 minutes ago, worcat said:

Dial back to certain user posting and celebrating "said" west coast team and celebrating their victory.

So a fan can't celebrate his team finally winning a Game 7 and advancing to the West Finals because his team's fanbase argues about if the Mighty Ducks had a better identity than the current iteration? 

Excellent. Good to know we got you, worcat, the Captain of No-Fun Police, on duty to uphold the sanctuary of whole, and complete team fanbases.

I feel safer now.

1 minute ago, Rockstar Matt said:

So a fan can't celebrate his team finally winning a Game 7 and advancing to the West Finals because his team argues about if the Mighty Ducks had a better identity than the current iteration? 

Excellent. Good to know we got you, worcat, the Captain of No-Fun Police, on duty to uphold the sanctuary of whole, and complete teams.

I feel safer now.

You've won the cup before. Why are you acting like a virgin? Relax buddy.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

10 hours ago, tp49 said:

Guess some members of the Blues fanbase are going for "best fans in hockey" to go along with their city's "best fans in baseball ™."

Spoken by a person that has never been to STL or knows nothing of - Stay classy Sac-Town. MOD EDIT

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

9 hours ago, worcat said:

Spoken by a person that has never been to STL or knows nothing of - Stay classy Sac-Town. MOD EDIT

You're really not representing Blues fans of the City of St. Louis, well here. 

Archived