(NHL Playoffs) Rite of Spring 2017: can't go on, no, I'll go on

The_Admiral

Also, I know some of you will like this. 

Ryan Johansen on Ryan Kesler:

“I mean he just blows my mind. I mean watching – I don’t know what’s going through his head out there but like his family and his friends watching him play? I don’t know how you cheer for a guy like that. It just doesn’t make sense how he plays the game, so I’m just trying to go out there and play hockey and it sucks when you gotta pull a stick out of your groin every shift.”

You know how we cheer for him? Because he makes guys like you say things like that. Methinks Kesler is already in his head (and his groin, apparently) if he's saying stuff like that out to the press after the game.

I love it haha

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, Still MIGHTY said:

Could easy be 2-0 Ducks also. I'm okay with things.

I've always thought this was kind of a strawman attempt by fans to make themselves feel better about a loss.

A one goal lead, plus an empty-netter is closer to a one-goal game than a true two goal one. With basically the same amount of play going the opposite direction, it could be 2-0, Nashville, right now. It's not as if the Ducks blew out the opposition, in Game 2. My point is that, especially in this case, "could be" is just wind.

Neither team has really done anything to indicate they're better. Moving forward, Nashville has been really strong, at home. Then again, Anaheim has been almost as strong, on the road, these playoffs. Slight edge to Nashville...maybe.

The only strong feeling I have, after 2 games, is that this series seems to indicate it's headed towards a game 7.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Well, yeah, but I'm a Ducks fan. I don't have to say it could be 2-0 Nashville :lol:

My point is, like yours, it's a pretty even series and with a few things here, a few things there, they're anybody's games. It's just a matter of who does those few extra things three more times.

4 hours ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

Neither team has really done anything to indicate they're better. 

The Ducks are better because they're the team that I root for. Now get out of here with this rational nonsense.

The Sens are playing late-90s hockey. We should have scored more than once, but I'll take the W. One thing's certain though, this will be at least a 6 game series, probably 7.

NSFCvyu.png

I feel like a decent percentage of these goalie interferences is from Gibson flopping all over the ice. 

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

Ducks played exactly how you'd want for two periods.

Then played on their heels for the entire third in a one-goal game. It was never going to hold like that. Especially when you're defending, defending, defending, and you finally get behind the Preds net only to take a penalty. Inevitable. Preds were pressing hard, and the puck just couldn't get out of the zone.

Even it up again on Thursday.

Gibson's effort was damn near herculean, but when you face 40 shots, some are bound to get in. 

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

So happy right now!!!

Forsberg is quite a talent. Arvedsson not bad either.

This is the 3rd round of the playoffs though against a team who could capitalize on any given opportunity. 

18 minutes ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

Gibson's effort was damn near herculean, but when you face 40 shots, some are bound to get in. 

The Ducks know this well considering the amount of shots they put on Talbot in round 2.

10 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

So happy right now!!!

Forsberg is quite a talent. Arvedsson not bad either.

This is the 3rd round of the playoffs though against a team who could capitalize on any given opportunity. 

That entire first line can be deadly. All three haven't been on fire, at the same time, this series, though. That was one thing that really killed Chicago, in round 1.

With as relatively even as overall play has been, the whole series may come down to five to seven key moments, where one team just capitalized better. 

Last night was a good game. All the call offs were legit. McLeod needs to be reined in, though. It was a stupid time to instigate. You don't send a message on a clean hit, in the neutral zone, during a tied playoff game. Stupid penalty that could have cost us more than it did.

There's still a fair amount of hockey to be played. I think if you suggested, five weeks ago, that we'd be staring down the barrel of a Nashville v. Ottawa Final, most of the people here would have just laughed at you.

Archived