(NHL Playoffs) Rite of Spring 2017: can't go on, no, I'll go on

The_Admiral

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Still MIGHTY said:

Remember when the Caps had Filip Forsberg and the Preds had Martin Erat?

Let's go back to then.

Ugh why did I have to remember that (lol jk I've literally thought about that every single time I see the Predators play)

spacer.png

Sissons with the hat trick!

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Give it to both clubs, the Ducks for fighting back and the Preds for making them chase. Hell of a game.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

Whooooooooo!!!!

Hell of a game, Ducks.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

I'm literally crying, I'm so happy. This is an amazing feeling!

Alright. Nashville did their part. C'mon Sens, time to get your asses in gear.

73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

29, 30, 31, 36, 39, 44, 61, 62, 65, 66, 67, 96, 10

Still Mighty and Duck fans on here, I don't meant any disrespect, but.....

I think starting Bernier was a mistake. They damn near pulled that out in spite of him.

Hate to this, but.... I would have never traded Frederik Andersen.

1 minute ago, SabresRule7361 said:

Still Mighty and Duck fans on here, I don't meant any disrespect, but.....

I think starting Bernier was a mistake. They damn near pulled that out in spite of him.

Hate to this, but.... I would have never traded Frederik Andersen.

Not really disagreeing with you on nearly pulling it out in spite of him, but it was Bernier or Enroth from the AHL, Gibson had a lower body injury.

I think the jury might be out on the Andersen trade for a while. Gibson is younger and has more potential/upside but his "lower body" might be made of glass.

---

Overall, I think it was a good season but this loss sucks. I think this could have been the Ducks year and best chance to win another Cup for maybe the near future.

IbjBaeE.png

So happy for Nashville and their fans!  I've made close to 15 trips up there for hockey, and it's always been a festive atmosphere.  Seems like they've always had that hump they just couldn't get over, and now we're seeing that built-up frustration coming out in euphoria this postseason.  Happy for their TV-turned-radio broadcast crew that's been there since Game 1 of their inaugural season.  Listened to their call tonight.  Thanks to TV broadcasting rules, Atlanta has been able to keep close tabs on the Predators since the beginning.

As happy as I am for Nashville, I'm equally jealous.  Had Atlanta ever been given a chance (thanks to incompetence in the front office early on, than the most dysfunctional ownership group in sports history), we could be having some of the success the Predators have had the last few years.  The Predators found a way to make things work in Nashville, we could have done the same thing.

I've always had the feeling that Peter Laviolette doesn't get the credit he deserves for how good an NHL head coach he is.

This is now the third different franchise that he has been the head coach of and led them to a Final appearance. His status as one of the NHL's very best head coaches should not be up for discussion any longer.

spacer.png

Archived