(NHL Playoffs) Rite of Spring 2017: can't go on, no, I'll go on

The_Admiral

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sigh... Just wasn't in the cards, I guess...

That's a Ducks team that deserved one more game. And that sucks. I hate that. This team never gave up, and it all came down on them. They played as well as you'd want them in that game.

Two biggest reasons the Ducks lost this series: 1) Power play 2) Jonathan Bernier.

0/4 on the power play in the game, 2/18 in the series with the two coming on slap shots on the rush. Power plays at critical moments could've changed their fortunes.

Back-up goalies matter. Bernier did a hell of a job when Gibson went down during the season and played a sizzling stretch that brought the Ducks back to the top of the division. But when they truly needed him to step up in the biggest games he's actually ever played in, he faltered. Completely sucks. Nashville had key injuries too, I know. But where Colton Sissons (who the :censored: ?) stepped up, Bernier stepped down.

It just all sucks and I hate this and get Kevin Bieksa the :censored: off my team. Trash.

---

Nashville, congratulations. Every team should at least get this far at least once. Enjoy the Cup Final.

Go Pittsburgh or whatever, I guess.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

1 hour ago, SabresRule7361 said:

Now you know how Wild fans felt against Jake Allen in round 1

No it was 

Shots: 31-9 Wild

Score: 1-0 Blues... 

Go Perds though! 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

On 4/20/2017 at 10:00 PM, rxmc89 said:

Alright, way to go Penguins.  And holy crap Predators!  The only potential downside is it makes it that much easier for the Ducks.  But then again if they could just sweep Chicago, then you have to like their chances against Anaheim, especially since they beat them last year, and especially if it goes to a Game 7 in Anaheim.

Well, apparently it wasn't easy for the Ducks!

Welcome to Kansas, where you can see your future, literally.

image.png

IMG_1326.PNG

I will be pulling for the Predators as hard as I've pulled for anyone in a cup final. I went to a Blue Jackets-Predators game in Nashville in 2014 and it was a really great experience. Awesome arena, great location, the fans were knowledgeable, loud, and very friendly. They didn't back down when they were at the top of relocation rumors and Jim Balsillie was selling tickets for their games in Hamilton. The Blue Jackets won that game 1-0 and were poised to go to the playoffs and the Nashville fans were congratulatory on our way out. My friends and I were on our best behavior because we didn't want to be Penguins fans and take a dump on people while visiting their arena.

10 hours ago, HedleyLamarr said:

Should Nashville hang on, will Columbus be the only franchise without a championship of some sort (division, conference, Stanley Cup)?

Vegas, baby, Vegas!

But yes as of right now they've never won anything. Except those 3 playoff wins, which is 3 more than the ThrasherJets can say. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

1 hour ago, McCarthy said:

IBut yes as of right now they've never won anything. Except those 3 playoff wins, which is 3 more than the ThrasherJets can say. 

At least they've got a banner.  Somewhere.

That's a 'them' problem, now.

48 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

I will be pulling for the Predators as hard as I've pulled for anyone in a cup final. I went to a Blue Jackets-Predators game in Nashville in 2014 and it was a really great experience. Awesome arena, great location, the fans were knowledgeable, loud, and very friendly. They didn't back down when they were at the top of relocation rumors and Jim Balsillie was selling tickets for their games in Hamilton. The Blue Jackets won that game 1-0 and were poised to go to the playoffs and the Nashville fans were congratulatory on our way out. My friends and I were on our best behavior because we didn't want to be Penguins fans and take a dump on people while visiting their arena.

Re: the bolded...I think I remember something about that. :D

I suppose I've been some kind of blessed, in a manner of speaking, during my sports fandom, to personally experience several championship rises and encounters.  That started with watching the (& at that time my) Buccaneers go from the Yuccaneers of the late '80s, seeing them grow more competitive in the '90s and then winning it all in '02. I had just returned to Pittsburgh following my first deployment when the Steelers won SB 40 (though i was pulling for Seattle). During my second deployment as a member of a Pittsburgh-based unit those same Steelers won the SB again (though again I pulled for the other team mostly because of Larry Fitzgerald, coincidentally a Pitt alumnus), and I had just returned Pittsburgh following that second deployment when the Penguins won their third Cup in '09 (And although i never really cared much for the Penguins while living up there, I did get caught up in the euphoria due to it being the "big bad" Red Wings the Penguins took down in that Cup Final). Ended up relocating to Indianapolis a year later and watched the last year of Peyton Manning and a young Colts team steadily overachieve their way from division champ to wild-card winner to conference title participant--and in the middle of that found myself smack dab  in the middle of the SB 2012 festivities. A year later my Seminoles completed one of the greater comebacks in CFB championship history after being on a serious downswing since their previous title in '99. The next year I ended up moving down here to Nashville (which is what I referenced in the above bolded encounter), latched onto the Predators train and watched this edition of the Preds being built and molded, and now I'm seeing this run. This is great. And the city is absolutely electric right now. (Though I'm not entirely ecstatic about the prospect of the Cup Finals AND the CMAs going on here at the same time. Traffic, man...its already stupid enough around here as it is without all that stuff going on!)

This is shaping up to be a great Finals, whether it be versus the Sens or the Pens. I think I'd prefer Ottawa just for the sake of a Canadian team playing again for Lord Stanley's Cup, but I'd have a personal vested interest if of it's Pittsburgh. Anyone who knows me knows the love I have for that city (it was my second hometown, after all, and I still maintain strong ties to the place)...but as mentioned above, I never really cared for the Penguins while living up there, so if they win tonight it's most definitely on!

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Leave it to Reddit to come up with the best thing I've seen all year.

K5CduFy.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

25 minutes ago, nash61 said:

Leave it to Reddit to come up with the best thing I've seen all year.

[another Duck Hunt meme]

Oh, you mean the very original, never before done thing that's already been posted twice in this thread (once on this page)? that Oilers fans also did last round? that Kings fans have been doing for years?

Duck Hunt, Duck Tales, Gordon Bombay, Flying V, etc. Yes, it's all very easy, but no one has ever done it and every time is the first time.

Seriously, I'll applaud new material when it comes our way, but this isn't it.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Archived