the admiral

(NHL Playoffs) Rite of Spring 2017: can't go on, no, I'll go on

These Blues sure are fun to watch.

Petro with that one hit wonder!

8 hours ago, oddball said:

Am I the only one who saw the Kassian hit on Couture  and Dillon as being highly questionable and should've been assessed a penalty for charging. He came from 15 to 20 feet away and launches at Couture's head and there's no call? I saw Shattenkirk do that to Kevin Gravel from 3 feet away and get two games, and Kassian launched himself at the head and made contact of two. That sounds like a four game suspension (two for each) if the NHL would be consistent in their player safety. I doubt Kassian will even get a slap on the wrist.

He's the Oilers Raffi Torres and sure as sugar should've gotten called for that charge on Couture. You don't do that kind of crap to a guy wearing a cage. Regardless, Edmonton has been the faster and stronger team and deserves to move on at this point. 

Still, I want to shave the rest of Kassian's retard mutton chops and send him to an oil field in Red Deer somewhere and tell him to be a pig farmer.

Good entertainment so far... I can't find a mismatch on my tv yet.  

If the Leafs can pull something out of the ether tonight, game 3 would be that much more energizing for them coming home.

11 hours ago, ElwoodCuse said:

The Jackets have been playing like crap for a month, their idiot coach thinks the answer is to hit more, and they aren't taking this series past 5 games unless Fleury turns into 2012 Flyers series Fleury.

That is a serious possibility. Don't jinx it.

I take it the Pens are now the Patriots of the NHL (albeit 3 less titles), judging by the comments. The Jackets have played well in stretches, particularly in the 1st period, but they've been unable capitalize on their chances. Couple that in with defensive and goal tending mistakes, you have a 2-0 deficit. This par for the course for a young team on the rise; they'll  be back again next year, but this series will be done by game 5 or 6.

And that hit by Calvert was straight garbage. Have fun seeing the rest of the series in street clothes.

3 minutes ago, JWhiz96 said:

And that hit by Calvert was straight garbage. Have fun seeing the rest of the series in street clothes.

A tweet by LeBrun earlier suggested that he is only going to get hit with a fine.

2 minutes ago, RedRenesis said:

A tweet by LeBrun earlier suggested that he is only going to get hit with a fine.

It's :censored: like this that makes the NHL insufferable. Worried abut player safety, Bettman? Then act like you give a damn.

Then again, this is probably payback for Sid's non-punishment awhile ago.

If Minny loses tomorrow, then the Blues will finish the sweep on Wednesday... This is why Minnesota can't have nice things. A good team runs into a really hot goalie...

Oh and then the Blues will get curbstomped by the Hawks because the Hawks magically seem to put the puck in the net, and sports are no fun... 

Calling it now: Oilers and Leafs in the finals.

Connor McJesus scores the overtime cup-winning goal in game 7, in triple overtime, in Edmonton. A rainbow stretches over the arena. Angels come down playing their harps. World peace is achieved. Racism is over. Everything is perfect.

In all seriousness, I cannot stand to see Chicago or Pittsburgh win anymore. We need someone to shake things up.

Anderson totally muffs the puck and the B's score a heartbreaking shortie after the Sens tie on the PP. Justice after two horrible calls against Boston

I can't believe a team as agonizingly un-clutch as the 2017 Bruins managed to get into the playoffs.  What a damn joke

Lol Calvert only got suspended one game for his assault on Kuhnhackl. What a joke. 

3 PPs and a 4 on 4 within 14 minutes in Caps-Leafs. 

Blackhawks haven't scored a goal in 4 periods at home? What world is this?!

4 minutes ago, Bruins said:

Blackhawks haven't scored a goal in 4 periods at home? What world is this?!

A world where they'll pull a 7 game win out of thin air and go on to win the Cup. 

Caps are sub-40% in the face off circle tonight. They're also losing 3-2. Coincidence?

Geez I don't know whether it's more the Preds playing well or the Hawks sucking.

Blackhawks have nothing at all.  They're essentially non-existent.  Darling in game 3, and that's really all the bullets they have left.

14 minutes ago, ninersdd said:

Geez I don't know whether it's more the Preds playing well or the Hawks sucking.

Nashville played great tonight.  But when the goalie has a 2-assist game, the opposition isn't doing smart things.