Mandela Effect

AndrewPF

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The FrankenJets thread reminded me of one I've chased down for years. Did the Jets ever wear orange undershirts/ accessories? In one of the early NFL 2K games, when using the Jets throwback (80s era), some players had orange long sleeves. Probably just a glitch, but for some reason at the time, it seemed familiar. Maybe it was a Shea Stadium era tie in with the Mets. Anybody remember this IRL or the game?

On 4/14/2017 at 4:14 PM, MCM0313 said:

I seem to remember a kelly-green Bucks alternate during their purple-and-green years. Not the one with the buck head on it, but one in the same template as their regular home and away uniforms during that period.

I'm assuming you're referring to the unused uniform:

MilwaukeeBucks_AU_2005_zpsf1f33fc0.jpg

BucksUnusuedAlternate_zpsa74390ce.jpg

61M0O7W5CPL.jpg

It was a unused uniform that made its way to an action figure (thanks for finding the McFarlane figure, @Discogod).

1 hour ago, SFGiants58 said:

I'm assuming you're referring to the unused uniform:

61M0O7W5CPL.jpg

It was a unused uniform that made its way to an action figure.

That's a lot like it but I remember it having the same "BUCKS" wordmark as the others. It might've been on NBA Live '99?

On 4/9/2017 at 0:14 PM, kroywen said:

These, I assume? According to the Gridiron Uniform Database, they were never worn in-game, though I thought up until now that they had been.

usQ80.jpg

Kind of a shame too, because they actually would've looked quite good in a night game down in Miami.

Sorry to bring this back from the first page, but if you have NFL2K5 it contained a few random/never used NFL jerseys. I am 99% positive this jersey was in the game. It did have the following odd/never used jerseys.

49ers Gold Jersey

Rams Gold Jersey

Vikings Yellow Jersey

Raiders Silver Jersey

Cardinals Navy Blue

BTW, love this thread! Have thought about stuff like this and thought to myself, did I really see that or was I imagining it?

"Roll Along"

39 minutes ago, dhamen0420 said:

Sorry to bring this back from the first page, but if you have NFL2K5 it contained a few random/never used NFL jerseys. I am 99% positive this jersey was in the game. It did have the following odd/never used jerseys.

49ers Gold Jersey

Rams Gold Jersey

Vikings Yellow Jersey

Raiders Silver Jersey

Cardinals Navy Blue

BTW, love this thread! Have thought about stuff like this and thought to myself, did I really see that or was I imagining it?

Madden was the same. There was a yellow Chiefs jersey, a black Bucs jersey and maybe a gold Saints jersey and a yellow Packers one too, if I remember right.

I also remember the Dolphins wearing navy in a real game though, too. A MNF game. I might just be thinking of some concepts I've seen on here though, but it seems like a real memory.

On 4/14/2017 at 10:39 AM, grubstreet said:

The FrankenJets thread reminded me of one I've chased down for years. Did the Jets ever wear orange undershirts/ accessories? In one of the early NFL 2K games, when using the Jets throwback (80s era), some players had orange long sleeves. Probably just a glitch, but for some reason at the time, it seemed familiar. Maybe it was a Shea Stadium era tie in with the Mets. Anybody remember this IRL or the game?

1969_NYJets.png

bSLCtu2.png

there are titans fans to this day that claim the tennessee titans wore those red fashion jerseys, on christmas, in jacksonville (when they had the santa hat on the jaguar at midfield).

not only did they never wear such a thing, but i believe they never even played a game in jacksonville on christmas or on the week of christmas. i may be wrong there, though.

only thing i've got from my own mandela files is about mike krushelnyski. years after he retired, i learned that he was canadian and not russian... and that his name is KrushelNYSKI, and not KrushelYNSKI... I could have sworn when he played for detroit and i was a kid, he played with fedorov, fetisov, konstantinov, larionov, and the other russian wings, and he was a defector with a name pronounced "crucial-IN-ski." i still find myself saying his name wrong on the off occasions i mention him.

On 2017-04-09 at 0:14 PM, kroywen said:

These, I assume? According to the Gridiron Uniform Database, they were never worn in-game, though I thought up until now that they had been.

usQ80.jpg

Kind of a shame too, because they actually would've looked quite good in a night game down in Miami.

I thought for years they had worn this jersey for a Monday night game along with matching blue pants. Would have happened sometime in the early 2000's. I even recall going to school the next day and discussing it with a friend of mine who is a Dolphins fan. He had just purchased a Ricky Williams home jersey (normal green) and we had a discussion regarding teal, aqua and blue. Years later when I found sites like the Uniform Database, I tried looking it up and could not find it anywhere. Not until I just seen this post.

10 hours ago, dhamen0420 said:

49ers Gold Jersey

Rams Gold Jersey

Vikings Yellow Jersey

Raiders Silver Jersey

Cardinals Navy Blue

Surprisingly, the Raiders did wear that silver jersey in at least one game (with black pants!!!)

5158010073_a555f69bda_b.jpg

I actually had a Randy Moss version of that silver jersey as a kid. Now that I think about it, I always picked that silver jersey for the Raiders in NFL 2K5 too.

ibgsr9.jpg

san_diego_destroyers_player_sig___qb_wal

25 minutes ago, ChicagoOakland said:

Surprisingly, the Raiders did wear that silver jersey in at least one game (with black pants!!!)

5158010073_a555f69bda_b.jpg

I actually had a Randy Moss version of that silver jersey as a kid. Now that I think about it, I always picked that silver jersey for the Raiders in NFL 2K5 too.

That looks like a photoshop to me

On 4/13/2017 at 0:52 PM, VDizzle12 said:

Did the Flyers ever actually wear a Quakers inspired fauxback? This is obviously a photoshop, but I feel like I've seen people wearing them. Probably chinese knockoffs?

6a0115709f071f970b0154328845b7970c.jpe

From what I could gather, it's tied to the 2012 Winter Classic. But the Flyers wore the orange, cream trimmed jerseys vs. the Rangers.

That is entirely a Chinese knockoff. I think I did a little research, and I found it was a concept that someone made for the Winter Classic that got some promotion online. I guess the fake jersey producers liked it so much they started making them non-stop.

I have one:

I remember the Leafs wearing white St. Pats jerseys before the ones they wore this year in the early 2000's. I'm not sure if it was just warmups, but I remember them looking similar to the ones this year except it was Toronto arched and ST PATS underneath, much like this, only the jersey was white:

StPats1.png

I know we did throwback to the 1926-27 jersey however. 

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

For what it's worth, if anybody is wondering about the videogame that had fashion jerseys, it was NFL 2K5. That game had nearly every uniform throughout a teams history and fashion jerseys. The Dolphins navy, Vikings yellow, Raiders silver, etc. It was all in there.

bSLCtu2.png

20 hours ago, Zeus89725 said:

That is entirely a Chinese knockoff. I think I did a little research, and I found it was a concept that someone made for the Winter Classic that got some promotion online. I guess the fake jersey producers liked it so much they started making them non-stop.

I could be wrong but I remember going to a game in the season in which the Flyers hosted the Winter Classic and seeing them for sale in the arena. That may be the Mandela Effect working its magic on me. I know there were a lot of fans wearing them that season. 

19 hours ago, Gupti said:

The Gene Upshaw patch is especially damning.

That's a Mandela effect of its own to me. I always remembered the patch only being worn Week 1, and the Chiefs played the Patriots that week (Brady injury), not the Raiders.

Archived